Page 104 of 181 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4523
    Quote Originally Posted by deciblast View Post
    Bottomless pow and dumping all day at Sierra. ....... Perfect pow day at Sierra but too deep to ride Jacks bowl since there's no tracks at all.
    5-10" wasn't bottomless, but I appreciate your enthusiasm. Very sketchy in the trees. It was a fun-nish day at Sierra, especially cause it felt like it should be the first week of December.

Too deep to ride JB? Huh?

See you and all those other Squaw douches at Alpine tomorrow.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I'll be @ Kirkwood in the morning. I'll be the Tall guy in Black from head to toe. Fuck skittles.

5-10" can be bottomless if your going fast enough. sounds like you turn to much
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Beer View Post
    5-10" wasn't bottomless, but I appreciate your enthusiasm. Very sketchy in the trees. It was a fun-nish day at Sierra, especially cause it felt like it should be the first week of December.

Too deep to ride JB? Huh?
    Jacks bowl.. without any tracks laid down it was hard to go too deep into that area. I'm sure it was more with wind loading. Storm total is 26" since Monday.

prolly a bit two far south fer most folks, but...

Owen and Krystal Kartwright and I will bee at Sierra Summit this weekend fer Owen's first official ski race.

The kid is pretty fired up. Kindergarten has cut down his ski days significantly this season, but it has not dropped his stoke. He says he's going to "kick some bootie" this weekend.

We're just stoked to have an excuse for a road trip.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Today was Epic at Gnarstar. Seriously, it was the Epic Gathering. There was an Epic wedding. FlexonPhil (aka PhilPug) married TrekChick.

The happy couple:

Snow was deep in spots. Windblown in others. A few surprises in the glades (stumps, rocks, etc). It was a workout at times. Overall a pretty fun day. They'll be at Squaw tomorrow. Bears galore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happy Couple.jpg 
Views:	665 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	111295
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Glad you guys slayed roundhouse and it's 400 ft of 25 degree gnar all to yourself . I had to settle for laps on KT, red dog, far east, and squaw creek all which opened at 8:50 and none of which ever had bad lines. And with the wind lines were resetting every lap.
    YES!!! +1

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    What are you trying to do, get more people there?!
    I used to like to try and convince people, but i don't anymore.
    Roundhouse bringin' the GNAR today!
    Exactly!

So contented! I sleep now! Repeat manana!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Nothing to see at Vailwood today. Likely nothing tomorrow either. Go get your coreshots somewhere else. Wagonwheel Bowl closed briefly for AC, otherwise it was bell to bell.

Sure feels good getting off 6 in a whiteout howling blizzard of vertigo; it's been too long. And skiing pow is way easier than TBP, who knew?
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Any one coming up in the AM on 50 should allow for extra time to get up here, chain control started in Camino, full millenium falcon effect going over the summit

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    What time were you out?
    between 6 n 10ish. we were only skiing tree runs off luther though so i'd imagine things are different in the open. even in the lee it was blowing resetting the track between laps. i have been finding good bonding w/ each storm layer each day; even on top of the melt-freeze crust. hopefully we get some viz in the am between storms.

Just made it over 80. in lieu of potential BC sketchiness, are there Mt rose hookups on lift tickets? or am I stuck with the $69 full price?

Quick and easy drive to the wood this morning. Clear roads, light snow and little wind. I think I've beat the crowds. Perhaps a little sleep is in order.

baaahhhhhh!!!!! sleep when yer dead, there is pow to be consumed. hahahahahaha

Everything looked like this from bell to bell. Mountain was uncrowded to begin with, and emptied out by Noon.

Happy recipient of Mother Nature's Bukkake:

You shoulda been here yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorslug View Post
    Just made it over 80. in lieu of potential BC sketchiness, are there Mt rose hookups on lift tickets? or am I stuck with the $69 full price?
    Rose closed again today... gonna be crazy tomorrow!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

woke up to another foot + in the driveway this morning, and this stuff is blower.

I'm kinda cooked after yesterday's epic KT storm session but am off to do it again.

git some boys!

Awake and ready to roll. Yesterday is so yesterday. These winds are starting to pick back up. And gimpy, you sound like my dad. That is his favorite thing to say. Got to go. Powder ginger growls.

I just want to make sure you guys dress warmly. I'll be there on Saturday to ski moguls in a hoodie.

SP - ha, that second shot is awesome! And very jealous.

Well, I had delusions of skipping out on work to get up there. No dice. Now I may only get up by Sunday, with "may" being the key word. FACH!

With any luck I'm skiing tomorrow

What hasn't opened at the wood?

I can't wait to punt myself off of shit, woot!!!
    Hello darkness my old friend

On the off, off, off, off..really off chance that anyone is skiing Squaw tomorrow and heading back to the Bay Fri night I could use a ride back. Gas money, beer, and pleasant conversation..or at least two of those three.

According to facebook Kirkwood has given up on the backside for today & is still working on getting 10 open. Given that I am headed up for tomorrow, I can't say I wish them much luck getting that accomplished today.

well then, it sounds like yer pops is a smart man. lots of snow moving abooooot

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Worthington View Post
    According to facebook Kirkwood has given up on the backside for today & is still working on getting 10 open. Given that I am headed up for tomorrow, I can't say I wish them much luck getting that accomplished today.
    10 just popped is what i'm hearing.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I hate my life right now-

Was planning on heading up this AM, then remembered I have a 15 hour class for work on Fri/sat (optional, but will result in an 8% raise).

WWMD?