Page 53 of 181 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4523
    FOLs

fuck our lives

edit- this season is so bad i'm actually posting. I usually only resort to this during the summer.

It's still December. If it looks like this at the end of next month then we can start shitting pants.
    LET IT SNOW

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Anything even happening on Shasta?
    they have been getting some and should continue. heard it got raped pretty bad by the wind event too. only forecast problem with start of the week is zero viz at this point.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Soooo, is it raining at Kirkwood? Want to know if the trip is worth it for this weekend.

looks all dry on the eastern front, though it may rain tonight?
    http://www.kirkwood.com/site/mountain/webcam

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Happy bday Shane!

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Soooo, is it raining at Kirkwood? Want to know if the trip is worth it for this weekend.
    Good god no.

At Kirkwood now. Pretty much Tahoe boilerplate. Don't even think about having fun without sharp race skis. It rained two days ago. Made some snow on chair 6 that gave an illusion of steep pow this morning but that's now scraped off. Leaving soon...

Thanks 6, left all my skinny skis back east, so no Tahoe this weekend.

PS - I take full responsibility for the snow curse by moving to Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Northstar is the only place worth it right now. Probably packed though..

Kirkwood was good 2 days ago but yesterday my cabin mates said there's sheets of ice everywhere.

Well sheesh, thanks for the beta 6er. Dammit, I wanted to ski for a few hours on Saturday as a last rite of freedom before getting 2nd and 3rd medical opinions on Tuesday ... but given the boilerplate and crowds at Northstar, it looks like some nice, exciting flat walking with lenses in my bag will be my order for the weekend.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Well sheesh, thanks for the beta 6er. Dammit, I wanted to ski for a few hours on Saturday as a last rite of freedom before getting 2nd and 3rd medical opinions on Tuesday ... but given the boilerplate and crowds at Northstar, it looks like some nice, exciting flat walking with lenses in my bag will be my order for the weekend.
    If you're not at the mountains, give me a shout and we can drink shoulder rehab beers with our non-dominant arms.

Got out around one today. Blue ice at top of 6. For reals. Snowing now. Powder day tomorrow

X-Post form Kid Stoke 11-12

My daughter got the call out from Coop with some of her ski team buddies to be in the Daily Video at Kirkwood. Psyched for her first viddy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hay.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	106787

I don't know how to pull the video down, but it's on the Kirkwood homepage, Daily Video, December 30th, 2011. She appears a few times. Longest segments at 2:36 and 3:04.

Cheers and Happy almost New Year!

666 thought I saw you briefly. Made the wrong call today. 6 was good yesterday late in the day so I took care of some bizness this morning - PM was major suckage. Oh well last few days it has been nice to have it open. It snowed for a bit half an hour ago and is now heavy mist at valley floor

At Northstar for the next two days...it's going to be epic.

Alpine was full-on east-coast skiing yesterday. Hard, hard, hard. Then it started snowing at lunch time. I've never been so psyched for a little bit of crappy snow.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Tahoeweatherdiscussion says snow virtually certain at some point this winter. Actually, I am trusting him that we see a shift to winter weather (i.e. precip) in about 10 days. Going to sleep until then...
    Last edited by lepistoir; 12-31-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Found mm pow turns off six this morning. About six inches on top of boiler plate, turn n the right spot, kind of powder skiing. Was good for a few laps. More sun, less wind and a bit warmer made for some decent (worst late December ever) skiing today. Much better than the last few days. One more day, then off to Naples to try some SUP, cocktails and sleeping in with the wife while grandma watches the bug. Hopefully I return to some white mountains.

Just saw a Targhee mag at the SLC airport, headed for AK. Leaving the only place with snow in the lower 48 for somewhere with even more snow. Some people have all the luck
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Northstar today was....well....insanely crowded today. Warm and sunny helped, but skiing after 11am was useless.

New Years weekend crowds all forced onto a few groomers .....I'll pass.
    Last edited by Jim S; 01-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Happy New Year mags. I hope that 2012 treats us all better than the end of 2011 did!

Last day to a strange 2011

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8930.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	106860

From today's NWS Bay area discussion:

DISCUSSION...AS OF 3:15 AM PST NEW YEARS DAY...2012 IS COMING IN
    THE WAY 2011 LEFT...ON A QUITE NOTE WEATHER WISE. OVERALL...IT
    LOOKS LIKE THE DISTRICT WILL REMAIN DRY FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF THE
    NEW YEAR...WITH THE GFS ENSEMBLES INDC A DRY PATTERN OUT 14 DAYS.

Yuck. This season is following 1989/90 so far with no snow in December and similar snowfall in Oct/Nov. That season ended up with 77% of normal, with decent snow starting in January. Hope that happens instead of what happened in 1933/34 when only 51-inches fell for the whole year, but even 51-inches sounds good about now.

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMONtsnf.pl?ca8758

I'm amused by the Northstar weather discussion that has been predicting snow just over a week away for the past month.

Just got back from New Mexico where Taos had enough snow to ski the ridge including the steep stuff on the west ridge. It wasn't great, but definitely worth the trip.