Page 103 of 181 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4523
    Can we start some discussion about avalanche conditions.
    My guess is no one went out today, but after tomorrow would appreciate some first hand feedback on how the slopes are handling this snow.

thanks

Looks like it's going to warm up quite a bit this weekend, could be pretty sketch.

stability and bonding are bueno at the only place i felt safe to play today given the coverage and conditions based on quik handpits. 135 or more underfoot and faceshot protection were the calls today. git sum!!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    stability and bonding are bueno at the only place i felt safe to play today given the coverage and conditions based on quik handpits. 135 or more underfoot and faceshot protection were the calls today. git sum!!
    What time were you out?

Dense wind affected is what I was skiing on. Knowing that's sitting on top of that poofy foot or so that fell monday is going to be a little sketch for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    If it's windy and there's a good chance the upper mountain at Squaw will close, that's a no-brainer for me. I'd rather ski powder than wait in the KT line all day.
    Anyone who's ridden AM for more than a year should know it's an absolutely worthless mountain on a storm day. Now that you have passes to both, choosing AM over Squaw on a day like today is just a stupid thing to do if you like skiing.
    Glad you guys slayed roundhouse and it's 400 ft of 25 degree gnar all to yourself . I had to settle for laps on KT, red dog, far east, and squaw creek all which opened at 8:50 and none of which ever had bad lines. And with the wind lines were resetting every lap.

I'm just trying to help some maggots out of making poor life choices.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Anyone who's ridden AM for more than a year should know it's an absolutely worthless mountain on a storm day. Now that you have passes to both, choosing AM over Squaw on a day like today is just a stupid thing to do if you like skiing.
    Glad you guys slayed roundhouse and it's 400 ft of 25 degree gnar all to yourself . I had to settle for laps on KT, red dog, far east, and squaw creek all which opened at 8:50 and none of which ever had bad lines. And with the wind lines were resetting every lap.

What are you trying to do, get more people there?!
    I used to like to try and convince people, but i don't anymore.
    Roundhouse bringin' the GNAR today!

I guess I've always had good luck when I head over there. I remember several days (or a few at least) last year where the upper mountain at Squaw was closed but Alpine was still spinning Scott and Summit / or Alpine. But I'll take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post

Thumbs up

Pow was slashed today... snow is bonding pretty well all things considered: kicked off many small slabs off scott yesterday, today no issues off roundhouse but I did break off a section roughly 18inches deep and 20 feet across at check it HOMEWOOD about an hour ago!

tomorrow will be better, friday it will be sunny...

Im thinking friday will be a good day to break out the 195 jjs that have been staring at me from the closet for the last 6 months!

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Dense wind affected is what I was skiing on. Knowing that's sitting on top of that poofy foot or so that fell monday is going to be a little sketch for a while.
    I think you meant that knowing that the dense wind affected snow is sitting on top of that poofy foot or so that fell Monday, which is on top of a bulletproof slippery base, it's a potential fustercluck.
    not counting days 2016-17

I guess I've always had good luck when I head over there. I remember several days (or a few at least) last year where the upper mountain at Squaw was closed but Alpine was still spinning Scott and Summit / or Alpine. But I'll take your word for it.
    none of those lifts he mentioned are on the upper mountain

Deepness out there today. Watch your selves out there, saw some failures in some scary mellow place today.

other than that the pow is deeeep get some!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

What the hell are the wind speeds over the crest???? It's rippin in reno.
    so fucking gnar windy, like blow you the fuck off the mountain. the trees 800 feet lower were deeep.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

It's been snowing hard all day at Donner Lake but the snow on my deck isn't getting any deeper--it's just blowing off. Regardless of how much falls there's going to be a huge amount of windloading up high.

who can give us an update as to what opened today at squaw and how it skied?

epic storm skiing on KT. Look out for rocks and stumps!! I did set off a descent slide out near the sisters. Knew it was going to slide so I ski cut the chute and got a 1 foot crown, but then it propagated out 100' or so in either direction and picked up some steam. Seems like the snow is not bonding well at all.
    The commander of time

Alright which mag bought all the g/flex form west marine

in other news today was awesome besides the wind
    "make it snow you fuck"
    -Mikee, every single morning

Looking for half a pair of 188 tahoes

we got a foot at DR today - tons of wind

sweet core-shot on my "new" Wateas - glad the shop guys like me and will loan me the gun

GiBo - it's ok to borrow my skis - I'm not too worried about it - all skis are rock skis
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Welp the boss man gave me the day off on Friday to ski - wooooop!

ALL PRAISE THE MOTHERSHIP AS IT SPUN DURING THE STORM ALL DAY AND DELIVERED THE BEST FRICKIN DAY OF THE YEAR SO FAR.

chute 75, west face and red dog ridge were especially delightful.

refills tomorrow!

(sorry. caps are annoying, but thats how good it was out there today!)

any reports from Vail-wood today?

crazy allergies in the valley are the perfect excuse for a calling in sick with a cold. stoked.

Bottomless pow and dumping all day at Sierra. They loaded the chair early at 8:30 today for pass holders so I got first tracks over in West Bowl.. Then went over to Nob Hill and hit Upper Main trees and later a bunch of fun runs through A Bowl... Hiked a bit up towards Grand View before the chair opened but my quad started cramping since I haven't been riding much this year. They finally opened Grand View at 1:30 and I got first chair and fresh tracks down Dynamite. Perfect pow day at Sierra but too deep to ride Jacks bowl since there's no tracks at all.

Average storm day at the wood.

Love that average.

Let it Snow.

If it's windy and there's a good chance the upper mountain at Squaw will close, that's a no-brainer for me. I'd rather ski powder than wait in the KT line all day.
    +1

Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com