Page 74 of 181 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4523
    Today totally sucked at Kirkwood, people should stay away.

hiked about 1/2 way up powder house this morning. Route choice was a big player. Would have gone up higher but had the pooch with me. 12-18" depending on the wind loading. Trying to get out to CP in the morning but may end up back @ PH.

EDIT: Page Top Stoke
    Used my goggles as a filter.
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    Bay area peeps gone and it's Mine, all MINE tomorrow!!!!!
    Sinecure will be there. Y'all should hook up and ski, and whatnot.
    not counting days 2016-17

For me Rose Monday and Squaw Tuesday. I think both days will be realllllllly nice.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

The skiing yesterday at Kirkwood exceeded my (low) expectations. It was Fucking awesome!!! Got second chair and had first paying customer tracks off the top of six. Fucking awesome!!! More powder runs on Monte, lift line, Janek, and Oly. Fucking awesome!!! Rock and stump scape-age was minimal; I figure the obstacles were iced over from the rain so no damage to the bases. Fucking awesome!!! So stoked that winter has finally arrived.

I'm heading that way tomorrow for more fun so if anyone in my vicinity wants a ride shoot me a PM or call 9.1.6.7.6.4.8.3.7.7 before 9:30 pm. (sorry for the short notice) I plan on leaving MIDTOWN SACRAMENTO around 5:30ish in the am and will prolly take 50/89/88 over the passes to avoid any possibility of a spur closure.

Oh yeah, i think i forgot to mention that the skiing on saturday was FKNA awesome!!! and it looks to be even better tomorrow.
    Last edited by parkmeister; 01-22-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Sinecure will be there. Y'all should hook up and ski, and whatnot.
    For sure. Any mags @ Alpine tomorrow give a shout out: black helmet, green pants, Praxis POWs.

Kirkwood was way better than I had expected today. Good company as well. Should have made a full weekend (and then some) of it.

You can thank me for the impending dump-age (the early signs of which are visible on the SugarBowl cam), as I always seem to head home when I shouldn't.

I took one for the team by flying to a conference in Chicago, from which I just returned tonight. The weather there was great: either 4 degrees, or 20 and snowing hard.

You can thank me by buying my book (click the signature and look on the right sidebar)

If you ignored the power problems (after all, it is Kirkwood), it sucked even more today than yesterday. Please stay away, tomorrow will be horrible. They are not going to open anything else, anyway. And it will stop snowing, too.

Let it Snow!
    THANKS MOM.

Mrs. C. and I were planning on heading to Alpine, but between Squaw, Alpine, or Rose today -- and Rose looks like it'll have the best terrain open, with 16-20" reported in the last 12 hours -- Rose is the choice.

And Lotus 138s are the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    If you ignored the power problems (after all, it is Kirkwood), it sucked even more today than yesterday. Please stay away, tomorrow will be horrible. They are not going to open anything else, anyway. And it will stop snowing, too.

Let it Snow!
    THANKS MOM.
    Think the power building was supposed to be done in Sep?
    The harsh winter must have set them back

2 of 3 generators were down so loading every other chair on 6.
    Jan 22 and they didn't have 7 working yet for ski school.

Every time I think about buying here the Kfactor brings me back to reality.

Betting the snow is gonna suck today too.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Hey Kookweed

3 of us were thinking about heading over and picking up the $99 3pack deal then we saw on the website that's a once in a lifetime deal. What's up with that, guess you don't need the cash.

the schools called a fucking snowday today. wtf?????

fortunately i saw the possibility coming so kids are goin to mom's an i r goin skiing. prolly bak to da cp

anyone want to come play today??? having trouble finding a partner this am that doesnt want to ski at a resort. i;ll be back after to chek on responses after i drop da kids off

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post

2 of 3 generators were down so loading every other chair on 6.
    Jan 22 and they didn't have 7 working yet for ski school.

Every time I think about buying here the Kfactor brings me back to reality.
    7 was running by 1pm. As for the power, they are off the grid. That is just part of the game. I say buy a home and buy some skins. Problem solved. Still the best place to ski IMO. The way I figure, when the lifts don't run, I get the place all to myself. And 6 was loading by 9:15. Could have been much worse. By far the best day of the season. I did not think I would be jumping off things, but that snow was absolutely perfect. And think about when you got near the base, how thin cover was, and how firm it was under an inch of fluff. And then think about how that is mid mountain everywhere else but Rose. Count your blessings you ski at the wood.

That is not to say I don't have a few major complaints about the day. Several. First, when I arrived, there was snow all over the parking lot. It made it hard for me to get my boots on. Slippery and shit. And at the end of the day, the snow was all over my car. They should do something about that.

oh, and then, on the last run of the day, they dropped the rope line at Rabbits, and I could take the normal low traverse out into Sentinel. There were cliffs everywhere that I had to jump over. It was like gnar central. I was confused by how much fun it was.

Finally, my legs were cramping late in the day. They should really fix that.

Oh, this too. They had like $1 beers, so everyone went inside and the lift lines were virtually zero, so I had no chance to rest. That is bullshit.

good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Oh, this too. They had like $1 beers, so everyone went inside and the lift lines were virtually zero, so I had no chance to rest. That is bullshit.
    This pleases me

What I wouldn't do for a man-made groomer right now...I can't wait for all this natural snow to disappear and for the whir and hum of the snowmaking machines to echo through the hills again.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Looks like last night delivered better than expected. Nice bounce-back.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Looks like last night delivered better than expected. Nice bounce-back.
    Seriously. The first two storms in the cycle underdelivered, this one overdelivered.

Guess I'll have to think about breaking out the new skis next weekend.
    not counting days 2016-17

really??? i was kinda disappointed in last nights system. we had a right side up snowpack and w/ the slop that fell last night, we now have avalanche concerns. what was bomber is prolly not now. hopefully it settles out and bonds and then we get another high pressure ridge building off the coast. YAY!

sorry for the debbie downer and yeah yeah i know be thankful for what we got..........

i am hoping that big swirling mass of yellow down in sacto makes it over here and then i could share in that sentiment.

avy danger is rated high, viz is prolly for shit, and i am solo so ima just go poke around the resort for a bit and go to work

Agreed gimp master. The first pass of the snowblower this morning sent chunder not blower. I thought this was to be the cold one?
    Anyway, headed to Heavenry myself to go check on a few things. Going to do the gondy since I have to go there anyway and the site says you can't ski from CA to NV - Sky must be on wind hold.

I gotta agree general sentitment - man it just felt good to get some turns this weekend and see things white for once. I just used the storming conditions to chalk up some ski days with Ms. UCL to open up some other times. Was at Alpine on Sat and Squaw on Sunday. Fun to finally turn again, regardless of visibility, wind or lines.

Gimpy - any idea of it rained on Thursday up pretty high in CP? NLT got washed out pretty good before the storms and wiped out the rotten snowpack/facets before the storm. Seems like you guys got some good stability until at least last night. Any idea what is under everything in the N-sided stuff on E.B.? Thanks.

Decided to hit KW tomorrow, which was hard given the 18-24" that fell at about 6500' in Incline last night. If anybody's around, say hey.

Also, I think I mentioned this last season, but if anybody knows of a good deal on a snowblower in the basin, I'd love hear about it. (Yeah, I'm the winter-preparedness grasshopper and not the ant.)

Rosearita was fun this AM - hit the trees and only got a couple of edge burrs on hidden rocks. Saw the the very opening bell from the pkg lot, but uploaded at 9:05 or so, not very crowded I'd say, never waited in a line after that first little one.

Snow was deep in places and a touch creamy, should be good base builder!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Heave skied great up high! Actually opened it up a bit in the trees with minimal carnage. Elevation is everything right now, above 8k is prolly damn good anywhere.