Page 91 of 181 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4523
    danberg sure looks like low tide. Was another group out there, or were you just crossing your own tracks? Like the outfit for nacho.

Crossing fingers for Wed and Sat. I'll be up an entire week, and early morning laps across the street sound good to me if we get some refills.

there was one person with a dog before me, but those were my own tracks. Wasn't really low tide at all. His outfit comes off on the downhill so it needs work.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Had a couple different friends get flushed by small slabs @ kirkwood yesterday. Both were areas that had a small open snowfield above a choked chute. Both were doing a ski cut above the choke & the slab broke from above in the 6-12" range but enough snow to wash them over the rocks & through the chute. No real injuries, minus a couple abraisions & one deep cut.

BE CAREFULL out there if your hiking.
    Snow Flake Killer

yes mind the early season type spacial variabilty for sure. the snow seemed to bond well to the pack but now to the rocks (duh). as evidence in the opening scene and at 1:20 when it ate my pole.

Lots of great pow skiing over the last two days. If our base was just a wee bit fatter, I'd really love these little 6"-8" storms every couple of days. Cuz where the base is good the skiing is stellar right now. This next little storm tonight / tomorrow is just another punch on the reset button. It's all about your standards of what you consider good skiing right now, and mine are low. But not as low as gimpy's. In response to saying bottomless is defined as when you can't feel the base in your turns, he said "I consider it bottomless when I can't hear my turns". He heard a few turns today, but not many.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    i thought i saw you heading through the parking lot back to 6 when i was leaving around 2:30??

it was this deep

and it was this fun
    NICE! Yeah, I went back up 10 with a shovel to look for the Go Pro- dug for about an hour and nothing. Going back with a metal detector this weekend.

Heading up to KW friday night in the truck condo- fingers crossed on this 3rd wave.

Any leads on coupons or discounts to bear valley? Heading down with the fam to a friends cabin there. Good to be heading to someplace new but not so good to be heading someplace my pass doesn't work! Any intel appreciated!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post
    Any leads on coupons or discounts to bear valley?
    $52 REI prepurchase...

http://slidingonthecheap.com/deals/Bear_Valley.shtml
    not counting days 2016-17

Fun morning of pow, minigolf, and miscellaneous shenanigans with Tyrone and Hardrider.

Happy Valentines Day, Ron-Ron and Antoine. xoxo, Fabrizio.

Quote Originally Posted by h-atlas View Post
    NICE! Yeah, I went back up 10 with a shovel to look for the Go Pro- dug for about an hour and nothing. Going back with a metal detector this weekend.
    If you can swing it, you may want to head out before then. Sometimes these small snow events can sneak in and bury things quickly there, especially in a landing zone.

BTW, did the love trio or anyone else look into thunder bowl? Wondering how those exit chutes are looking.

Had what was arguably my best day of the season today. Started out at Squaw. Rode my son's Praxis BC's. Started with a high speed run down the groomer to Squaw Creek as a warmup. Then Red Dog Leg back to the funnytel and up to the upper mountain. The Siberia face (is that what it's called?) was super buff and fun - maybe 3 turns on the whole thing. Took Gold Coast up and did a run on Shirley. Friend I was with had to do a quick phone call so we stopped at Gold Coast and I got my first ever ski-up Starbucks. Then we headed to Granite. That was amazing! I bumped into a friend at the bottom who was whining about all the rocks. I was like "what rocks?" The snow was perfect, most of the rocks are getting covered, the whole thing is like mini golf with bumps in between the features, and we had a blast. My friend wanted to check out the park briefly, so we did that and then headed down for lunch. After lunch we caught the shuttle back over to Alpine. My friend had never skied Alpine and not really ever done any hiking. So we took Summit up, climbed up the ridge, traversed/hiked over to Keyhole and then dropped along the Saddle to High Yellow Gully. BEST SNOW OF THE LAST FEW DAYS! The gully was unbelievable! And it will be for the coming days so get your asses out there. Finished up with a couple laps of Palisades - had the same nice snow as HY Gully, minus the hike and the extra vert.

Headed back to the bay for a couple days. If I were staying and skiing Squawlpine, I'd be lapping HY Gully, Palisades (Alpine), Granite Chief and maybe KT (heard it was good, but we skipped that today in favor of getting back to Alpine).

Oh, and the Praxis BC is an incredibly versatile ski. Maybe not perfect for the deepest days, but totally capable on and off-piste in powder, firm and even some scratchy surface stuff. I was on the 180 - which is a little shorter than I would probably order, but after skiing it, I may be stealing my son's skis again sometime soon.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

1-2" per hour tonight??? sleeper day manana. well, not for me, i wont be sleeping but up at 5 again to ski while u all are sleeping before the sleeper day. sooooooo, sleep well.

the poweder is so light in the mornings! best day of the year. thin- yes, but it depends where you ski. Some areas have filled in nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    1-2" per hour tonight???
    they are seriously calling for that much?

Today at KW was fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patchwork.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	110227

whee!

Name:	oOps EP.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	110228
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Some instagram shots from the last two days...

Northstar...

Then headed over to Squaw...

Hmmmm...

Obscure...

A couple hours of early morning groomers this morning at Northstar...

Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post
    Any leads on coupons or discounts to bear valley? Heading down with the fam to a friends cabin there. Good to be heading to someplace new but not so good to be heading someplace my pass doesn't work! Any intel appreciated!

dood! yer in luck!

BV has a Share The Snow promotion going on right now. Bring your season pass from any other resort, and you get a $25 lift ticket any and every time you go to BV.

http://www.bearvalley.com/bear-blog/share-the-snow/
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Name:  CBarthalowPow.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  21.1 KB

Krystal Kartwright on the DR website tonight

sftc says he loves shooting her - at 5' 0" she can make a few inches look like a foot

and she's cute
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    they are seriously calling for that much?
    Yup.

For fifteen minutes!!!

Nice pics, ron and 6. so many lost hours of sleep. must ski.... ugh
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Yup.

For fifteen minutes!!!
    We will just have to see what falls. 3-5" via noaa for the base tonight with another 2-4" tomorrow??
    Jealous much?? Since you are not riding tomorrow, I will be killing it at Alpine tomorrow on what ever is new.
    All joking aside, Monday was the day. Hopefully tomorrow will come thru, blowing hard at Alpine base right now, not much falling though, yet.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

It has begun!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1329291586.801851.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	110251

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Rose two days ago was buffed out with pow and empty!! Where to go this morning....Rose or Squaw. I like these little dilemmas now.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by h-atlas View Post
    also remember where it was, because inevitably it will reappear and it will still work but it still won't stay on your head. I do have an extra countour720 sitting here doing nothing that ironically was lost during the kirkwood comp and replaced, then found again in june of that year.

between 1-2" on the deck railing in Truckee as of now and it's fluttering from the sky like albino dust bunnies as I type...those of you freeriding, enjoy and be safe (and y'all owe me an IPA since I'm working all week and sacrificing the use of my Spats to the snow gods so y'all can root for face shots)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en