Page 96 of 181 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 4523
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Moment had some skis lifted from Alpine, fyi
    Shit. These guys were parked next to me in the Tower lot at Kirkwood today, mid-sized truck, maybe a Tacoma (I don't remember). I was talking with them about the skis, because I didn't recognize the Death Wish. I wish I read this thread earlier. Looking back, so much of that conversation was weird:
    "Whoa, what are those?"
    "They're the Death Wish, they're next year's skis"
    "Where do they fit in the moment lineup?"
    "I don't really know, these are my first moments."
    "Are those demo bindings?"
    "Uhhh, no, they're not."
    "Huh, okay, well have a good day!"

Two guys, looked to be about early thirties, one of them was heavier with a beard, I think. I can't remember much about the other guy. Anyway, there was no topper on their truck, so spotting the skis should be easy. Not surprisingly, they were gone when I got back at the end of the day. I'd guess they bailed immediately after I headed to the lifts.

^^^That is crazy. Nice getting a few runs in today. I am pretty sure all the powder is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ^^heading up in a bit. might drop off the mini's for an afternoon half day lesson.
    Ha. The babe started to fuss right after I posted, and I never checked in here. You around later this week? Maybe a tour? The wife has a lesson mid day tomorrow, so probably just some lift served for me. Thursday could be warm and cornish somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    family fun day at KW tomorrow - Owen and I will be accompanying Krystal Kartwright and her 13 year old nephew - any other family types going to be around?

BV with the nephew on Friday
    Give me a call in the morning. I might be doing some family skiing. Still figuring out the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^That is crazy. Nice getting a few runs in today. I am pretty sure all the powder is gone.
    Yeah, very crazy. Maybe I should start photographing the license plates of anyone with interesting skis -- that shouldn't be awkward at all!

Those runs were surprisingly good! I ended up having an awesome day.

I saw two gents at KW on Saturday rocking 2012 moments in the Timber Creek line at ~11AM.

One was on a pair of DWs, the other on NTs. ~30 yrs old, bearded, no gloves is about all I can remember. I'll keep my eyes peeled...

Thursday could be warm and cornish somewhere.
    thursday sounds good. have the kids again tomorrow.

we hiked up to red cliffs today and did some climbing around.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw-085.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	379.6 KB 
ID:	110733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw-080.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	502.8 KB 
ID:	110734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw-007.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	110735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw-168.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	290.5 KB 
ID:	110736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw-147.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	218.9 KB 
ID:	110737  

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Powdork, those two photos with your dog spazzing out gave me a good laugh. Good looking kids, but as one dad to another, keep the weird looking dood away from them
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

good stoke powdork.

that dog hit the jackpot huh?!?

From Kirkwood's facebook:

"Hola my friends,
    News flash! Kirkwood joins the Vail family! I have a lot of news here, in car & on my way to the Wood! Wow, a new era and the chance to complete the Klein & Reuter vision. Stoked level just hit 21!
    Stay Thirsty my friends,
    Coop"

Good or bad for Kirkwood?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Anybody going to matisyahu tomorrow night?
    Wasn't planning on it, but I am seriously contemplating going to see Too $hort @ Cal/Neva on Friday...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Good in that we finally will see some lift upgrades. Bad in that it will begin to get over developed, more crowded and have the general lame vail issues. Bad for me, because now my wife will want to visit vail. Good for my friends property value (I think). Not sure how vail services are, but I imagine food and shuttles will improve.

I thought there were rumors of vail going bankrupt.

No bueno for Kwood.
    Last edited by dhklauer; 02-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.

KW-Vail. Lift lines. Moguls on Buckboard. Season ticket prices? The end of 40 wonderfully disfunctional years. Paved parking will be nice though.

Press release says passholders have access both ways effective immediately.
    not counting days 2016-17

Geez, chill out. It's not as though Vail has a magic wand that actually sells RE at the base. Kirkwood tried that and failed. You won't be seeing crowds for some time.

Damn. 18 mil. That's affordable to a co-op. Such a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    family fun day at KW tomorrow - Owen and I will be accompanying Krystal Kartwright and her 13 year old nephew - any other family types going to be around?

BV with the nephew on Friday
    I'll be a BV Friday too. I'll look for you.

Buddy that works for Vail called me this AM with the news...not sure how to take it. The epic pass just got that much more epic I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Geez, chill out. It's not as though Vail has a magic wand that actually sells RE at the base. Kirkwood tried that and failed. You won't be seeing crowds for some time.

the crowds i'm worried about will be on Pow days. Why ride flatstar or the heave when you can go to Kirkwood on a pow day. Kirkwood tracks out pretty fast on a sunny pow day & now it will be even worse. oh wait i don't have a pass this year. I need a snowmobile!
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Yeah, KW is still kind of out in the middle of nowhere, so I wouldn't think it would just get mobbed instantly, but it'll be interesting to see what happens this summer.

If we ever get enough snow to close the spur on a weekend this year, I bet Heavenly is going to be even more crowded than usual though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I thought there were rumors of vail going bankrupt.
    Not likely anytime soon:

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:MTN

Well, at least it keeps KW from going bankrupt, so that's a good thing. I'm just not sure I'm interested in a KW pass if Vail brings the Vail model.

Access to capital sounds like a good thing for the lack of infrastructure there, but access to capital only happens with a revenue increase plan. Revenue increase comes from increased skier visits and greater price segmentation (black passes/express lines, early lifts, etc). Well, it's not like we aren't already waiting in line until 9:40 AM while we watch Coop and friends get first tracks on bluebird pow days ... so maybe not much changes after all.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Unless Vail can solve Kirkwood's persistent problems -- access and infrastructure -- I don't think you should expect the onslaught of the hordes anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Unless Vail can solve Kirkwood's persistent problems -- access and infrastructure -- I don't think you should expect the onslaught of the hordes anytime soon.
    I hope this is the case! I'm not really all that excited about actually having to wait in a lift line....
    I can't remember...

I'm sure there will be significantly more shuttles from both Truckee and SLT down to Kirkwood to get more people down there. On the other hand, at least we know Vail will spend the money to make some much-needed upgrades. No more mocking the epic pass, I guess.

You give up too easily. Less mocking, perhaps.