Page 93 of 181 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 4523
    Just got this in an email from Alpine re: weekend operations:

The whole mountain will be open with the exception of Lakeview Chair. Trail crew skier packed Ray’s Rut for easy access from Scott or Hotwheels. High Traverse will be open as well. This will give us 2,200 acres of skiing and riding. The Chalet will be open starting tomorrow for the whole week!
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Not sure if this is old news, but it helped me out for some discounted passes. http://www.skialpine.com/alpine-mead.../tahoe-super-2
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Whereabouts?

Cinders & me & hobbit (and the SkiBus) are heading to Sierra tomorrow.
    Looks pretty good there on the webcams, but I think I'll leave the Lhassa's at home, and wait for a bit more coverage.

Saturday we should be at Alpine, and Sunday at Squaw.
    I wonder if it will be crowded...

It is prolly our least favorite N.Lake lodging, but we'll be staying over at the Cal-Neva...(yah, great views...)
    Not skiing on PD.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Turx, hope to see you.

Driving up with Sinecure now. Conference calls tomorrow morning, Alpine in the afternoon and Saturday, probably Squaw Sunday, Alpine again on Monday... probably.
    not counting days 2016-17

13 year old nephew from Rhode Island coming to visit for a week starting Saturday. I've got some free tix to BV and KW lined up. Looks like KW on Wed or Thu, BV on Fri. The kid's been looking on the intertoob, and he's fired up on KW.

Land in Reno tomorrow night! 4 days of Tahoe skiing. I'll probably be the only person in the lift lines, say hi.

Vets is online now Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Tyrone gets bukkake'd by Mother Nature

Great shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Land in Reno tomorrow night! 4 days of Tahoe skiing. I'll probably be the only person in the lift lines, say hi.
    President's day weekend and best snow so far on this dismal season you won't be!.. Will be there on Saturday/ Sunday at Squaw. If anyone wants to ride orange patagonia shell/purple orage pants ask for change!

It looks like things are starting to come together for you guys. I'm heading over for a visit from our shit season out east. I'm coming in on mar 3, staying for a week. Should I bring my new pie boards out or stick with my mantras? If anyone knows where I can find some deals on some tix that be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    on a side note att sux on the s shore
    Wireless data volume explosion continues on our network as volumes double annuallyYear-end numbers that show the same result as the previous year is typically a sign of stability.

But when your year-end numbers show a doubling of wireless data traffic from 2010 to 2011 — and you’ve seen at least a doubling every year since 2007 — the implications are profound.

Over the past five years, our wireless data traffic has grown 20,000 percent.

The growth is now driven primarily by smartphones. Add to that new customer additions and the continuing trend of upgrades from feature phones to smartphones, and you have a wireless data tsunami.

It’s a global phenomenon, as also detailed by Cisco with the release of their annual Visual Network Index forecast.

At AT&T, we’re addressing the challenge by investing to drive service improvements. We have invested more than $95 billion in our wireless and wireline networks over the past five years. In 2011, we invested $20 billion in our networks and completed more than 150,000 wireless network improvements. And we expect to invest about $20 billion again in 2012 with a focus on wireless, including more 4G LTE deployments, the roll-out of distributed antenna systems in key venues across the U.S.

Its cold outside!!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    It looks like things are starting to come together for you guys. I'm heading over for a visit from our shit season out east. I'm coming in on mar 3, staying for a week. Should I bring my new pie boards out or stick with my mantras? If anyone knows where I can find some deals on some tix that be much appreciated.
    Right now, I'd go with the Mantras, but wait it out a bit. It's tough to only bring big pow boards on a trip though. Not sure where you're headed, but Squaw/Alpine is offering a two pack through TODAY for $49/day. You can order those online.

For people in the Tahoe area with poor cell phone reception via ATT you might try and see if ATT will give you a microcell tower for free. Talk to someone in customer retention.

carson pass on valentines day and kirkwood on the 16th

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Just got this in an email from Alpine re: weekend operations:
    If anyone is brave enough to try Sherwood--the last time I was back there the cleanest line (least rocks) was to traverse the South Face past the two gullies and just past the big grove of trees. I'm taking my rock skis.

Cool PD. Funny, we had gray skies on V day at Red Lake and then bluebird yesterday on Luther. That skiing thing has been fun lately, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by tahoedrew View Post
    Right now, I'd go with the Mantras, but wait it out a bit. It's tough to only bring big pow boards on a trip though. Not sure where you're headed, but Squaw/Alpine is offering a two pack through TODAY for $49/day. You can order those online.
    I would most likely bring both maybe even beaters if I have to. My pow boards are set up with touring gear, do I bring all that stuff out too? It's still a few weeks away, anything can happen. I'm staying in Tahoe city , was planning to ride squaw, alpine, maybe homewood, and prob take a trip to KW. I have a 6 pack, but I'm trying to find some tix for him. I'll def check that deal out. Is my best bet trying to find ski shops with cheap tix?

If you like to tour, bring the touring gear. By March the sun is up late, and with some luck, there will be fresh pow and clouds. You can cruise right out the gate at the end of a lift served day. Or save some $$ and tour a day or two, So many options around here.

@ POW...did you ever get you skis back?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    carson pass on valentines day and kirkwood on the 16th
    looka like mini golf season is open. nice vid. so why did you not drop once?

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    I would most likely bring both maybe even beaters if I have to. My pow boards are set up with touring gear, do I bring all that stuff out too? It's still a few weeks away, anything can happen. I'm staying in Tahoe city , was planning to ride squaw, alpine, maybe homewood, and prob take a trip to KW. I have a 6 pack, but I'm trying to find some tix for him. I'll def check that deal out. Is my best bet trying to find ski shops with cheap tix?
    This site is pretty good for listing the best ticket prices out there: http://www.slidingonthecheap.com/prices/

Thanks guys. I'll bring the gear out, hopefully by then Things may change. I'll keep you guys posted maybe I'll link up for some turns with you guys while I'm out there or even grab some brews / safety meeting.

Mt. Rose opened several of the chutes gates today.

I'm amazed they opened. That terrain is all rocks, and the base depth is minimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

AM and Squaw this weekend for me. Aside from the usual suspects, anyone else around? Jim S and TMRF, do you guys even ski anymore?

How were the temps up there today? NOAA remote data seems to indicate it got pretty warm. :/

Even though the roads are dry, I feel like the drive is gonna suck tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by agwat1111 View Post
    @ POW...did you ever get you skis back?
    I saw PD on what looked like his skis at the Wood. I was curious how he got em back too? Since he is always slaying so much pow you would have thought who ever came across them would have gained some of his prowess.

The SNOW is close to hero all over and wherever it was blown from is not as good as where it was blown to. Snow snakes and sharks were spotted. This year is way more techy than the last few making the place a giant playground of gnarlyness. If you did not get to ski Monday or Wednesday or Thursday it was good

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    AM and Squaw this weekend for me. Aside from the usual suspects, anyone else around? Jim S and TMRF, do you guys even ski anymore?

How were the temps up there today? NOAA remote data seems to indicate it got pretty warm. :/

Even though the roads are dry, I feel like the drive is gonna suck tonight.
    It was warm--south facing was getting pretty heavy around 11--which was good considering the rocks hiding underneath.