Page 90 of 181 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4523
    KW is report 8-12.

Splat. Sometime, a few still do. I was chilling at the top of Buckboard last year with my godson, waiting for his buddy. Three folks flew by and hit goal post. Little guy was stoked and said he wanted to do that someday.

(this has likely already been shared, but) Squaw/Alpine also sent me an email about 50% lift tickets for "friends and family" of pass holders. So, if you anyone want's 50% tickets, you've got a friend in me (and I live in North Lake).

A few inches this morning on the drive/handrails. Can hear bombs going off. Wish I hadn't slept in.

zOMG! Buckboard and Mokulumne are groomed to perfection right now!

Sent from Chair 10 using my LS9000

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    ...Super cute, cozy and nice.
    is this kind of talk is allowed around here....?!
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

1st tracks in blahblahblah chute AND ****** AND ########.

I SAID WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME?!?!??

Sent from Chair 10 using my LS9000

Not sure I want to touch you, but I'd like to be with you right now. Be, as in near you, not Biblical and all.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Alpine ski'd quite nicely this AM! Report of 8-12 might've been a bit high, I'd put it more like 6-10 but there were plenty of soft turns most everywhere. I hit Beaver first thing and gotta sweet fresh line then boogied over to Scott and hit Promised Land, and kept repeating. Excellent up top playin' in the trees and a bit bony down lower through the chokes. All in all, excellent early season late Nov-early Dec conditions, rock skis recommended.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Sorry, my photog is at Northstar. What the hell do I pay him for?

Jeez my legs are tired. I'd trade all the face shots I got today for an Aeron chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I'm guessing ###### is aka Buckboard (? it was somewhere off 10, musta been buckboard), where I had his sloppy seconds. I'd have shot some gopro for you, but it was all white and couldn't see to focus. Imagine swirling white clouds and hollering.

Tired now. Conditions: some spots required a soft touch, others were oh so deep. It should be all good tomorrow, too.

Great day at Heavenly.. face shots off Gun Barrel in the morning.. then explored Stagecoach.. finally finished off western perimeter for the deepest snow and hiked back into the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Headed to Boringstar with the wife
    On Saturday, we prefered the stuff off of Backside to Lookout. Some tree's weren't too bad...
    If you head along East Ridge, just past Rendezvous, there was a nice bit of slope that was (relatively) tits.

Enjoy the fresh, you lucky bastards (we won't be up until Friday...maybe).
    Last edited by TurxSki; 02-13-2012 at 08:09 PM.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Started at Northstar and headed straight to backside and got a few fresh groomed pow runs and then bailed to meet Obscure Reference at Squaw. One reverse traverse lap and asked patrol about Palisades, and boom, they said 'it's open now.' haha. Only Main and National were open but then again everything is so thin, it was still great to get some fluffy turns up there. Followed by corkscrew laps then a few on KT and had a blast. Sadly, my skis were rather pissed at my Nose laps at the end...little thin in the techy zones.

Great day at KW today, i'd say the 13" reported is accurate. The first powder day of my season (started 2/1) so I was pretty stoked. Managed to get some fresh turns after entering Wagon Wheel bowl from one of the chutes in the afternoon...and the stuff near Fawn Ridge was pretty nice too in the morning. I see what all the fuss is about work-week powder days, so much nicer than weekend ones

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Sorry, my photog is at Northstar. What the hell do I pay him for?

Jeez my legs are tired. I'd trade all the face shots I got today for an Aeron chair.
    I really miss the Punani funemployment TR season. Good to see it making a comeback.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Plenty of dust on rock. Saw my friend's gf snag one off sibo ridge today and faceplant right between two others. Luckily, she's still cute.

Quote Originally Posted by julesrules View Post
    Great day at KW today, i'd say the 13" reported is accurate. The first powder day of my season (started 2/1) so I was pretty stoked. Managed to get some fresh turns after entering Wagon Wheel bowl from one of the chutes in the afternoon...and the stuff near Fawn Ridge was pretty nice too in the morning. I see what all the fuss is about work-week powder days, so much nicer than weekend ones
    So 4 did open. The website had it on hold.

Rumor has it that some other zones nearby were skiing nicely.

Still a steady drizzle here in SC. Maybe ya'll will continue to get some light snow tonight. Now, if it would only stay cold for a stretch.

Kirkwood was definitely fun today. Still so much untracked when my legs gave out at 2:30. Lost my go pro in Eagle Bowl due to a somersault from a flat landing and looked for it for about an hour at the end of the day - no luck. Anyone see it or have a metal detector I can borrow?

Quote Originally Posted by h-atlas View Post
    Kirkwood was definitely fun today. Still so much untracked when my legs gave out at 2:30. Lost my go pro in Eagle Bowl due to a somersault from a flat landing and looked for it for about an hour at the end of the day - no luck. Anyone see it or have a metal detector I can borrow?
    i thought i saw you heading through the parking lot back to 6 when i was leaving around 2:30??

it was this deep

and it was this fun

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw-025.jpg 
Views:	1056 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	110162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kw-049.jpg 
Views:	1048 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	110163  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Email from Squaw says Headwall is on the schedule for the first time this year tomorrow. Happy Valentine's Day! Coreshots for everyone!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Made it out to KW today got there around 12:30, did a couple of front side laps and then went straight to Fawn Ridge and she delivered an excellent afternoon. everyone was in a good mood and why the hell not, the backside started pukin around 2:45

Hey cool Cort, did you get new lhasa's or find the "old" ones???
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

those are the 186 lhasas that i got way back in october. i did just pick up some 10/11 191 carbon lhasas with dynafit tlt 12's off gear swap though.

Squaw was fun today. I hit more rocks than I ever have before in a day of skiing, and despite being convinced several times that i'd blown out an edge and added a core shot, my skis left the day completely unscathed. Fuck yeah ON3P
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ... i did just pick up some 10/11 191 carbon lhasas with dynafit tlt 12's off gear swap though.
    I saw that thread and figured you had 'em in hand already... man I've gotta get down to KW this year!

It's weird, I'm waaaay closer than when I lived in the bay, but it seems so far from RNO...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

cuz you gotta pass all those other resorts.