Page 69 of 181 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4523
    Radar looks promising... Has the snow prediction been downgraded again?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327012085.042021.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	108188

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Don't know if this has been mentioned up thread, but all y'all Bay Area people should know that Marmot Mountain Works in Berkeley is shutting down.

In addition to deals on clothes and everything else, we're running a gambler's sale on hardgoods. Come and get 'em.

Ski shop: sooner than later my friends. For boot fits, tunes, mounts, etc. we are accepting cash to be split amongst the staff... who will all shortly be unemployed. Tips appreciated too. Additionally, job leads and low-rent housing. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by slobmonster View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned up thread, but all y'all Bay Area people should know that Marmot Mountain Works in Berkeley is shutting down.

In addition to deals on clothes and everything else, we're running a gambler's sale on hardgoods. Come and get 'em.

Ski shop: sooner than later my friends. For boot fits, tunes, mounts, etc. we are accepting cash to be split amongst the staff... who will all shortly be unemployed. Tips appreciated too. Additionally, job leads and low-rent housing. Etcetera.
    why don't a couple of you take the tuning equipment across the street and open up shop?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Meh...traffic, sketchy snow, insert first-world problem here, etc....

I am going SKIING, dont really give a fuck about the ancillary issues. Just gonna try to stay safe and hopefully enjoy some fresh snow.

Better than sitting inside while it rains for the next week here in the Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    why don't a couple of you take the tuning equipment across the street and open up shop?
    It is being discussed. Capital costs, etc. are the doppleganger. PM me with ideas or specifics or VC.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Meh...traffic, sketchy snow, insert first-world problem here, etc....

I am going SKIING, dont really give a fuck about the ancillary issues. Just gonna try to stay safe and hopefully enjoy some fresh snow.

Better than sitting inside while it rains for the next week here in the Bay.
    Agreed. Considering the Niner game and the fact that the average Jong doesn't want to drive through a snow storm to go ski in one, I can't imagine it being much worse than the typical shit show.

But, unfortunately, it's not really looking like it's going to rain all week.

Sorry to hear about Marmot. Always heard good things about them.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Brush fire in Washoe Valley, 395 is closed in both directions.

Our winter is soooooooo good here that the ground is burning, in January...

Apparently the fire is REALLY close to Jim S' house. Fingers crossed that it snows/rains really really soon so he isn't homeless.

68 pages before the first real storm of the season.
    ??? My version says page 43. I guess I have TGR set to display more posts per page or something.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Just came over 50 a while ago. It was coming down pretty hard on Echo summit, but only flurries elsewhere. At least it's snowing...

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Apparently the fire is REALLY close to Jim S' house. Fingers crossed that it snows/rains really really soon so he isn't homeless.

??? My version says page 43. I guess I have TGR set to display more posts per page or something.
    That fire wouldn't be stopping for until the winds do. First wave of moisture isn't going to help, but the second probably will.
    Last edited by VC; 01-19-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Be safe out there this weekend. Its not worth your equipment or body. Dont mean to be a downer, but we are looking at what willl be opening- day-style conditions.

Snowing and sticking now in slt. So nice to actually see snow for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Across the street is the BART Station. Since they prohibit busking, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't cotton to a couple of guys with ski tuning equipment setting up shop in the lobby.
    But being able to drop my skis off in the morning on the way to work and pick them up that evening on my way home would be pretty cool.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

ok, so...

plans to go to OR faded

Krystal Kartwright and Throwin' Owen and I are planning to ski BV Saturday

and we actually have someone to watch Owen Sunday and Monday, so we are headed to Truckee - planning to ski Sugar Bowl Monday
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

7,800' observations:
    Snowing steadily, but not yet snowing Hard.
    Started sticking around 3, by 3:30, if you concentrated hard you could feel float, playing real close angles.
    Right now, around 7pm there is a Solid inch on the ground, drifts to 3 inches. Feels cold.

88 is R2.

Chaining up the skibummobile, I discovered that I have forgotten how to install them. Has been way too long. 10 minute job took forever, and they still don't look right...

Let it Snow!
    Mother Nature, Come On Down!!!!

When I get back from Oregon ill have some great pov of digging pits and then skinning back down.

Sent from my MB860 using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Fire is/was 1/2 mile from my house, now looking like it's not spreading any further.

Rushed home from work, Mrs. C. was already packing. We got our stuff together -- neighborhood was under voluntary evacuation orders, but 2 blocks away (and many nearby areas) are under mandatory evacuation. We're ready to load up and head out of here if they tell us to, but over the last 30 minutes, it's looking like we won't need to.

Shitty winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

good to hear El Chup. Where do you live? I know the fire is close to Galena High School and the voluntary evac area includes Galena Forest and other areas near Mt. Rose Hwy.

Fire is/was 1/2 mile from my house, now looking like it's not spreading any further.

Rushed home from work, Mrs. C. was already packing. We got our stuff together -- neighborhood was under voluntary evacuation orders, but 2 blocks away (and many nearby areas) are under mandatory evacuation. We're ready to load up and head out of here if they tell us to, but over the last 30 minutes, it's looking like we won't need to.

Shitty winter.

I live across Mt Rose highway from Galena High.

Power just went out here. Am surfing on cell phone by camping lantern.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I think I'm gonna hit Sugar Bowl middle of next week once the storm's cleared out. Even if it's not enough snow to ski anything but the same shitty groomers, at least the view will look like winter.

bummer about MMW

I used to work at Western Mountaineering in San Jose in 93-94 when Marmot owned the shop. A great place to work and shop. I'm bummed they are going away. Thanks to Lock.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

It is being discussed. Capital costs, etc. are the doppleganger. PM me with ideas or specifics or VC.
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Across the street is the BART Station. Since they prohibit busking, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't cotton to a couple of guys with ski tuning equipment setting up shop in the lobby.
    But being able to drop my skis off in the morning on the way to work and pick them up that evening on my way home would be pretty cool.
    what about across the OTHER street?

I dunno, I just thought that since there is presumably a nice list of regular tuning customers that it woudn't be too hard to just open up a hole-in-the-wall type joint to keep that going. Internet will handle (take away) the hard/big softgoods sales, but it is tough to do bootfitting/tuning over the tubes! I got nothing really for ya except the idea and a healthy&hearty "good luck"... if you aren't able to raise capital, pitch it to Helm of Sun Valley or REI to back the operation as a kind of "stealthbucks" place to drive business their way?!? Could be cooler to do yourself though...

Good Luck Fire Evacuees, we're over the hill in Edgewater if anyones in need!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Power just went out here. Am surfing on cell phone by camping lantern.
    You know, the first step is admitting you have a problem....

Seriously, stay safe, mang.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    Well at least there is a swell coming in. I don't disagree with anything you said so I guess it looks like my decision is made. This is the least amount I've skied this late into a season in my life.
    Fuck yeah. The quality of surf this winter is inversely correlated to the nonexistent ski season. I've had the best West Coast sessions of my life.

Where is all this snow? Rose deck and high camp at squaw are dry. The blobs are all over the radar but nothing to show for it! No joy!

okbye
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327040138.856650.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	108222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327040151.955908.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	108223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1327040253.390901.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	251.3 KB 
ID:	108224  
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO