Page 146 of 181 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4523
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FRNT View Post
    Twisted Sisters is happening tomorrow at Kirkwood. We are taking over the lower cirque. With all of the snow it's turned into a powder/slope-style comp. Should be a good time, and epic conditions for this sort of thing.

http://www.4frnt.com/node/347
    Well, dang, that's a bummer. So that means Lower Cirque area is closed tomorrow? That's some of the most fun terrain around on a powder day.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Yeah seriously, makes me wonder if I should punt on lifts and just hit the skintrack ...

And, the 210s are staying home this weekend. Would be a waste on a day like tomorrow, besides from the fact that I don't have room in my friend's car for an extra set of skis anyways. I don't think anyone is dissapointed, since Nuthon and I were the only guys talking about "LBD" anyways ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Heavenly 2012 stoke - pov follow cam

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Yeah seriously, makes me wonder if I should punt on lifts and just hit the skintrack ...

And, the 210s are staying home this weekend. Would be a waste on a day like tomorrow, besides from the fact that I don't have room in my friend's car for an extra set of skis anyways. I don't think anyone is dissapointed, since Nuthon and I were the only guys talking about "LBD" anyways ...
    Skin track or 210s should be the question. If I was able to get out tomorrow, I'd aim for dawn patrol, followed by first lift, three laps and then hike. But, it is easy to claim such as I'll be in the car, on the highway, on my way to a desert. Yay. At least San Jacinto is supposed to get two feet by the end of Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post

Has this been here yet?

okbye
    I've felt a lot of things at Squaw Valley--but I can't say I've felt "quiet and repose". Maybe head first in a tree well?

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    holy shit Owen is killing it. Not that I'm surprised ... just that ... damn his form is so tight.
    Yeah, some day he may get it together, but at least he's only 5 so he's got time to figure it out.....

# # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

hi Sean...

want to take my picture?

"CHEEEZE!!!"

amazing day at DR today - one of the best - the refresh machine was stuck open

the little man tuckered out early after charging the pow all morning long

he's been in the bathtub for something like 2 hours

impromptu parent/child Powder 8 comp first thing tomorrow?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The wood was awesome today.will be there again tomorrow. I'll be using my TGR movie pass but am looking for another comp for Ashley. I thought the passes (heavenly) were good the same days at the wood that they were at the heave, but apparently not.

Sent from my MB860 using TGR Forums
    Last edited by powdork; 04-13-2012 at 06:08 PM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

What spun at Kirkwood today. Looks like i'm gonna rally up tomorrow early to grab whatever you bastards didn't pillage already.

Nothing from eagle bowl to the backside had opened as of 2:30

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

was lookin for the one armed bandit today at da wood. if the kids and i dont use ours tomorrow i've got one for ya man.

Powdork--I shot you a PM about a Costco voucher. Will be up tomorrow, unless the spur is closed.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Anyone know if all the hikes opened up at alpine? what opened at kwood?

I have a pass to alpine, and a pass to Kwood, and will be driving up for a day trip tomorrow. i plan on hiking mucho but staying inbounds, so what is the best bet?

Squaw had basically all lifts firing cept' Silvy at 09:00. Awesome day at Squaw.

Serious bumming due to having to work today, but was able to bug out and hit the skin track for a couple run's at 3:30. Still very good skiing snow up to a couple feet deep with face shots still fairly plentiful. Trees were starting to dump, but not to bad yet. I think the key will be to get it early in the AM, hopefully it will get cold tonight and dry the snow up a bit.

In my humble opinion, by Far the best snow of the season. Waves breaking over your head.

Let it Snow!

Best day of the season at Kirkwood. Snow was "COLD SMOKE" as Coop would say. 5,6 first and then 10 an hour or so after.

Bear was pretty nice today too, even with the best 1/3 of their terrain not even open this year.
    The thirty or so riders that were skiing powder missed a few spots so even the last run was only lightly tracked. I was alternately soaked and encased in ice. (temp variations) There was about 6inches of snow in the lot and on my car at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Anyone know if all the hikes opened up at alpine? what opened at kwood?

I have a pass to alpine, and a pass to Kwood, and will be driving up for a day trip tomorrow. i plan on hiking mucho but staying inbounds, so what is the best bet?

Whats the deal folks?!!!

Whats the deal folks?!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Nothing from eagle bowl to the backside had opened as of 2:30

Holy shit. Deeeep cold powder all day from first 'til last run, with the usual gaggle of suspects. Just what I needed after 3 weeks of surfing, partying, and hanging in the back of the club sipping Moet. Today was a good reason to reroute my Sydney-Manila flight via SFO and include a 4-day ski stopover. Carbon footprint be damned.

You know it's a good day at KW when Clack makes a guest appearance.

Whats the deal folks?!!!
    The hikes did NOT open at Alpine today. It did get a bit warmish in the afternoon.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Holy shit. Deeeep cold powder all day from first 'til last run..
    when it popped bluebird at the end of the day, outer pali bliss oh man it was good. literally was choking on snow today, I had to remember to keep my mouth closed it was so awesome.

and thank you cal trans for only holding us for 45 min at the Spur this morning. next time I am leaving 30 minutes earlier!

Dumping the past two days at the house. This was the beginning of the snowfall and my TR .

In less than 12 hours from now I get my new ACL.

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    In less than 12 hours from now I get my new ACL.
    I really like both of my new-to-me ACL's.