Marzocchi fork help...oil level question

hey guys,
    the E gurus on emptybeer don't seem to be able to answer my question. I'm having the dick of a time getting my 55 rc3 dialed in. When you measure oil level from the top of the crown with the fork compressed, do you do it with the cartridge fully extended, so out of the stanchion, or measure with the cartridge compressed, so all the way in the stanchion (you have to pull the top cap for this) I need the fork to be more progressive with better bottom out, without getting harsh from adding too much air, or blowing seals from oil. Guideon at marz' said factory spec 55mm from the top, and I could run 50mm from the top for more resistance.

Anyway, holler with an answer, you will make my ride tomorrow more funz.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Have you tried calling Marz? They are pretty helpful and their site has pdf manuals for almost all of their forks. Otherwise I'm sure someone on here knows (Marshal?).

got it figured out...stanchions compressed, springs out, topcaps off, cartridges pushed all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.