Page 85 of 139 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3452
    Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    So much for your theories on my going away bringing snow fuckers Looks like I brought some back with me perhaps.

It was absolutely NUKING about .5 hours north of the Parkway visitor centre....what a waste of snow
    Well then what are you doing back? GTFO
    Man, It was great...

Quote Originally Posted by 2stix View Post
    Haha. So not a tree well incident. I was going to fast through the trees trying to traverse the flats and suddenly i came up to about a waist high fallen tree right in my path, hence the "high speed ski limbo" comment before. I like that squatch included it to make sure I look like the gaper I am
    Well you were laughing at yourself, I figured I shouldn't deny others the privilege I include all of my dumbass falls too, as long as there's something interesting going on before or after said fall. The video I put up for 2 minutes, then removed starts off with one.

Looking at the footage though, if you had fallen a bit further left, that tree looks a bit hungry. That said, we were right on your ass and it wouldn't have been remotely dangerous.

I used to ski with a helmet cam, those that know me long enough, know what I was using, and have been thinking lately I need to get something going again. The shit I see sometimes, would be great footage. I just don't like the "telitubby" look. Waiting for something a little more discreet to show up. Until then, I gotta keep skiing with guys with cameras and giving them something to film
    The Contours mounted on the side of the helmet/ goggles are pretty discreet. I was planning on going with one this season, but then the now Gopro hero 2 came out and had pretty definitively better video/ flat light quality (than the Contour +), and for half the price. So I bit the bullet and went full-on gaper look again.

edit: nukin' at ~3200 feet, tomorrow should be goooooood. Finally, lift-serviced pow, I've forgotten what it's like!
    editx2: fuckin' la nina! what a tease
    Last edited by angrysasquatch; 02-13-2012 at 06:53 PM.

I saw these a couple of weeks ago, just not sure if they're any good. Camera sounds like it's decent and they're definitely a little more subtle than the Gopro, but I'd want to test the goggle lenses I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunshine cam.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	413.2 KB 
ID:	110150

game on
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder View Post
    I saw these a couple of weeks ago, just not sure if they're any good. Camera sounds like it's decent and they're definitely a little more subtle than the Gopro, but I'd want to test the goggle lenses I think.
    Spoke to a guy wearing one of these on a lift a couple of weeks ago. He liked the video quality, but said the whole battery compartment on the side was kind of flaky (downward opening door that he felt could shake open and drop the batteries), and it actually looked quite bulky, likely won't fit many helmets. No idea on the lens quality.

Well then what are you doing back? GTFO
    Yeah fuckers! It's been puking in Banff ever since I got home so now you can all STFU about me going to work to bring snow LMAO

Anyone heading to the Lake tommorrow?? I'll be there, look for the orange glow.

Yeah fuckers! It's been puking in Banff ever since I got home so now you can all STFU about me going to work to bring snow LMAO

Anyone heading to the Lake tommorrow?? I'll be there, look for the orange glow.
    Going to do a morning call based on total snowfall on whether to go to the Lake or touring. If we go to the Lake, I'll keep an eye out.

Not tomorrow, but looks like I could go out and play on Wednesday. Could be up for a tour if stability is there, somewhere. Otherwise, best resort conditions ( fingers crossed KH) post up and let me know where your going.
    Man, It was great...

Just based on how popular Suprise pass is i'd say give it a miss if you are here only for a limited time and only have 1 day...that thing is just getting more and more popular it seems.

It's hard to give you good suggestions for a certain date. All the best gnar stuff that people are going to suggest are going to be completely dependant on avalanche conditions. Don't worry about preplanning Rogers, just go to what's open you should find some good options to ski...hard to go wrong at Rogers. I'd recommend against Balu pass proper though unless you want a gaptastic experience.

As for Lake Louise area, go to highway 93 North, that place is amazing.
    Thanks for the info, but where on highway 93? is there the name of a mountain?
    One more thing do we have to buy an anual park pass for the car?

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    Am I the only one with stoke around here?
    Good point, it is a little lacking on occasion. I'll have a January edit up soon hopefully. Until that's good to go here's a few Gopro stills:

Looks like maybe 9 cm at Sunshine and less to the west? Storm blew through too fast.

Golden just got a quick 45 min nuking last night but that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    There are alot of mountains up there to pick from based on what conditions are like at the time....

You don't need an annual pass, you can get them by the day and yes, you do need to get a pass for the car. You can pick it up at the east gate or from either the Banff visitor centre or Lake Louise visitor centre

LL = 4cm
    SSV = 12 cm
    nakiska = 2cm

2cm at KH

Hopefully it's just one of those days they under-report on the website. One time the website said 3, and the boards at the hill said 10. Fingers crossed.

Stoke has been fixed:

Clear blue in Revi this am, should be a good day. Most likely hit Rogers tomorrow, PM me if anyone is up for a tour. Then in Golden for a few days. It would be good to hook up with some mags for some beers or some turns.

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Make sure you at least get a day pass! If you have an emergency and need evacuation/SAR than it's free with your park pass! Otherwise you'd have to pay, and helicopters ain't cheap...

Trust me, I would know :S

anyone riding the lake thursday friday?

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    2cm at KH

Hopefully it's just one of those days they under-report on the website. One time the website said 3, and the boards at the hill said 10. Fingers crossed.

Stoke has been fixed:

Man that make me want to move to Golden! As if KH doesn't have enough inbound couloirs and chuts...now you get me stoked about the backcountry ones. That last line looked like fun.

angrysasquatch, how far of a trek (timewise) are most of those lines from tops of the lifts? (I'm figuring they're all off Stairway to Heaven on the right side of the ridge on the KH trail map that is crossed out with horizontal red lines?) or are they on the opposite side past T2? Do they all come back to the in-bounds terrain without much effort? thanks

I think you can tell I'm already thinking about coming back to KH!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottmunro View Post
    anyone riding the lake thursday friday?

Possibly but if so will most likely be in the slack country. Or up 93N some where, you're welcome to join if you can use a beacon and have gear. I think I spoke with you on PM...not sure can't recall exactly.

Looks like the hoar is preserved under the new snow now...that shit is big at ridge top. Noticed 1 new natural size 1 slab out of southeast-ish alpine terrain in a cross loaded gulley feature that was a bit deeper than I would have thought and some really thin slabs also starting to pop out on steep unsupported northish terrain.

Lake was skiing OK in a few unmentionable spots, whitehorn was smooth but holy crap that hard shit underneath keeps the resort skiing at / 5 on the poopoo metre. For every 2 days that it doesn't snow the rating will increase by 1 to a maximum of 4/5, cause let's face it, only the east can score 5 poo's out of 5....and Whistler, that place can get pretty shitty. Fun was still had though, skiing and all.....

Heard some one mention how thin the air was at the top of Louise today LMAO...usually when I hear that it's some fat person hiking up a trail sucking wind from being out of shape....yeah, really it's the thin air, you're probably off the couch for the first time in months but you're totally sucking wind from the thin air. ....anyways this dude was young and not fat.

Hey t2c. You up for a tour tomorrow? Called sentinel and he said everyone else Is busy. Let me know!
    Man, It was great...

Sunshine was good today, bit firm in spots under the new stuff. still no complains about skiing pow again.

spooky where is your second pic from? wild west?

Quote Originally Posted by M_R View Post
    Man that make me want to move to Golden! As if KH doesn't have enough inbound couloirs and chuts...now you get me stoked about the backcountry ones. That last line looked like fun.

angrysasquatch, how far of a trek (timewise) are most of those lines from tops of the lifts? (I'm figuring they're all off Stairway to Heaven on the right side of the ridge on the KH trail map that is crossed out with horizontal red lines?) or are they on the opposite side past T2? Do they all come back to the in-bounds terrain without much effort? thanks

I think you can tell I'm already thinking about coming back to KH!!
    The first run is Reudis N, second run, Ozone N, 3rd Reudis N, 4th Molars N, 5th pillows off the end of Molars ridge.

It's all to the N of the resort, out past Whitewall. Ozone S is that red hatched part on the map, north side is fine to ski though. Then after that there's Reudis and Molars. Plenty more ridges past that, depending how much energy you have. You can get back to the resort along a ski traverse thru the woods all the way from Molars N. Past that, not sure. You could probably get from molars to the gondy base in ~10 minutes if you're good at that sort of thing. If you bring boarders, it's more like an hour.

The nice thing about the KH BC (at least to the N) is that you go up a ridge, down, and keep on going to the north getting turns. Ozone is a ~25 minute bootpack, Reudis is about 30-45 min. skin to get up, Molars is more like 45-60 min skin from the lines you ski off Reudis N. I haven't yet been to the south past T2, but I hear T3 has some pretty incredible lines. Next dry, stable spell I'll have to go check it out.

Dust on crust at KH, there was only 2 cm in reality as well. The moguls were pretty nice though. Debating going tomorrow, I'll have to see how my knee feels.

Quote Originally Posted by mindthegap View Post
    Sunshine was good today, bit firm in spots under the new stuff. still no complains about skiing pow again.

spooky where is your second pic from? wild west?
    You guessed it, Peyto's to be precise. Actually got some faceshots in there this year weirdly enough, it's usually trashed by Patrol laps before it even opens.