Page 47 of 139 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3452
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    I heard that Superbowl may open before Feuz this year. Jeebus.
    Heard the same thing and after touring up Rudi's the other day, can believe it. Fuez is a total mess.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Heard the same thing and after touring up Rudi's the other day, can believe it. Fuez is a total mess.
    Is Rudies pretty beat on yet? How's the snow holding up in there?

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Is Rudies pretty beat on yet? How's the snow holding up in there?
    Was actually super fun on Saturday. Skied the eastern trees. Molars south also looks awesome, but the backside of Rudi looks like death on a stick, so getting to it would take some dedication. That being said I did see a few tracks over there and I know who laid them down.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Death on a stick tracks on backside Ruedi's or over on Molars?

Death on a stick tracks on backside Ruedi's or over on Molars?
    Tracks looked great on Molars. Pure survival skiing on Rudis North.

-The Gylfaginning

K mags,

who is interested in taking a 1 or 2 day camp at Kicking Horse? Skills improvement and coaching. As much as we'd all like to think we're the best skiers on the hill at any given time the reality is there is ALWAYS room for improvement be it cleaner lines, better technique or just pushing ourselves just that much harder to progress or help getting over being on that nice cozy plateau of bullshit comfort. Another option is to do it at Louise, however KH would definately be the preference....for obvious reasons and if they are not obvious then what better way to get aquanted with KH?

Anyhow, post up if you are interested in something like this. The major factor for me is price and it sounds like it will be quite reasonable. This of course is going to depend on the number of people interested, however smaller group would be better ratio, however this can be nailed down after gauging interest. NO JONGS! Would be best if interested were all of some what similar ability...and from the people here i've skied with it's all pretty close.

Thinking some time early / mid January when more stuff is open / better coverage...
    So who's interested???????????

i'd love to, t2c. date?

K mags,

who is interested in taking a 1 or 2 day camp at Kicking Horse? Skills improvement and coaching. As much as we'd all like to think we're the best skiers on the hill at any given time the reality is there is ALWAYS room for improvement be it cleaner lines, better technique or just pushing ourselves just that much harder to progress or help getting over being on that nice cozy plateau of bullshit comfort. Another option is to do it at Louise, however KH would definately be the preference....for obvious reasons and if they are not obvious then what better way to get aquanted with KH?

Anyhow, post up if you are interested in something like this. The major factor for me is price and it sounds like it will be quite reasonable. This of course is going to depend on the number of people interested, however smaller group would be better ratio, however this can be nailed down after gauging interest. NO JONGS! Would be best if interested were all of some what similar ability...and from the people here i've skied with it's all pretty close.

Thinking some time early / mid January when more stuff is open / better coverage...
    So who's interested???????????
    I'm interested in this. FatMike was just telling me about a lesson he got at the lake was pretty good. I was thinking of doing something like that, but this sounds good.

Any time after January 8th... thinking people are probaby busy or prepping for x-mas, going away etc plus it's been pretty dry and not all terrain is open give it time for more snow etc.

I guess it would be helpful to note if you are open for a 2 day or just interested in 1. I'm guessing that weekends are going to be easier to get interest in, but bonus for weekdays. If there is lots of interest keep in mind that not every one is going to have the same availability in which case a decision would have to be made which might not be able to accomodate all...but such is life...will try though. Date(s) and exact costs can be nailed down once we have enough interest to move forward.

Who would be leading this camp?

Didn't Mtnlion just get back from Hoji's camp. He could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    SPAM for the holidays from my store.

boxing day deals last years skis
    rossi S6 all, 4FNT turbos 175/182, 172 CRJ, 50% or more off too

Attachment 106350

call the store, ask for Jr or Jason, CC over the phone, and can ship

Those S6's this year with the proper u-rocker camber?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Who would be leading this camp?
    Earlier in the thread I made a comment along the lines of "too bad RMF doesn't do adult camps" or something along those lines. Gripen is a coach at RMF and is running the Big Mountain Centre at Kicking Horse along with another guy who is also a coach at RMF. The camp would be focused on big mountain style riding such as tactics, fluidity, line choice, specialized techniques etc...

Sunday's are not going to be an option due to prior commitments from the coaches so either a Fri-Sat, or Sat only would be most ideal.

Going to go ahead and step this forward by one and nail it down to Kicking Horse.

So far interested: Myself, F2F, Mex....

To give a general ball park, a one day private at the BMC is $500 and you can put up to 7 people in that. Even with only 5 people that's only a bill each for "high end coaching". The idea is to have 5 perhaps 6 if need be max in a group and with 2 of them (RMF guys) available then that enables 2 groups. A mag camp "would probably be cheaper". Perhaps Gripen can comment on pricing and if there is any difference in structure between a 1 and 2 day etc....

Jan 8th may be too soon for my sprained ankle. i'll know on friday. end of jan is more likely for me.

^Jan. 8th is also too soon for me...I will still be on a road trip then.

I always wanted to do one of Gordy's Straightline camps. The idea of learning some techniques from pro riders sounds cool.

The reason I asked who would be leading such a program is because the KH website describes the Big Mountain Centre personnel as "trained guides" and the programs seem mostly about showing people the best skiing on the hill. Maybe useful for a tourist, but not really something most of us would pay for.

Perhaps Gripen can talk a bit about their background in skiing: Instructor certification levels, coaching qualifications, accomplishments in big mountain/freeski comps, etc. No disrespect, but if this would just be going skiing at KH with a couple of good skiers, I can do that for free with plenty of maggots.

Maybe we could try and talk Gordy into coming up here with his crew to do a camp? He did one in Whistler once, if I recall. I bet we could get a good enough turnout to make it worthwhile. Or Hoji?

T2C- I will work on a pricing structure this week and see what options we can do.

Eldo- I understand your concerns about the BMC. We are revamping the BMC quite a bit this year and while there will still be a guiding component if needed/wanted we will also be focusing on big mountain skiing/tactics/etc. I can address your other concerns later in the day when I'm off the gondola. Appreciate your interest and concern!

-The Gylfaginning

I'd be interested ....... but coach Gripen could I pay for it in back issues of Proceeding?
    inside joke
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Maybe we could try and talk Gordy into coming up here with his crew to do a camp? He did one in Whistler once, if I recall. I bet we could get a good enough turnout to make it worthwhile. Or Hoji?
    or Dan Treadway... Tessa did a camp at KH last year... come to KH and spend time with in laws...

the Gripen and Dan Treadway rock star ski camp
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Those S6's this year with the proper u-rocker camber?
    last years, no idea what the rocker shape is like?

camp sounds like a fun idea. keep me in the loop. maybe stay in golden for the weekend? odds are CA will be into this too.

Like the idea of a camp and would be interested if the price was right. Keep us posted!

Anyone been to fernie lately? Updates? Might be heading there this weekend for some bday turns
    Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    As a wise man once told me:

It's not that you can't ski moguls, you can't ski, and the moguls just prove it.

I'd be interested depending on price.

I like the idea of the camp, but it definitely depends on price for me. Friday/Saturday is good.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

The reason I asked who would be leading such a program is because the KH website describes the Big Mountain Centre personnel as "trained guides" and the programs seem mostly about showing people the best skiing on the hill. Maybe useful for a tourist, but not really something most of us would pay for.

Perhaps Gripen can talk a bit about their background in skiing: Instructor certification levels, coaching qualifications, accomplishments in big mountain/freeski comps, etc. No disrespect, but if this would just be going skiing at KH with a couple of good skiers, I can do that for free with plenty of maggots.
    I totally agree with all of the above. I'm sure none of us would want to pay to simply follow some one around. One of the first questions was about the guiding aspect which I am also not interested in. Coaching / tactics etc. would be the way to go for sure. I'll be spending enough time there this season to learn the hill on my own...that's part of the fun of having a pass. Looking forward to getting more info to those questions though.

So far interest from
    - Me
    - F2F
    - Mex
    - Backscratcher (phone)
    - Mntlion
    - Sentinel
    - Fatmike
    - Spooky
    - Shorty-J
    ...pending pricing

I'm thinking for now for this idea with there being 2 "RFM" coaches available capping it at 12 total would be a good idea. 2 groups of 6.

Given that most people are concerned about price i'm thinking the 1 day is probably the best to proceed with....unless the 2 day is super cost effective. 1 day advantage for those coming from Calgary also without them having to worry about lodging costs etc.

This has potential to be a blast.