Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    {yawn}.......
    Spending your time dishing it out when you can't take it... I hear it's exhausting!
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Spending your time dishing it out when you can't take it... I hear it's exhausting!
    What did I "dish out" ? If you look at my posts most of them had references to agreeing with your comments regarding the opposition to the movie, just not agreeing that it was the only answer. you really don't like anybody even slightly disagreeing with you it seems........ So again show me where I "dished it out" ma'am.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

I know I came out of "Groundhog Day" really pissed about the way they portrayed TV Cameramen. Never mind the clear Asian hate plainly stated in "16 Candles."

Jesus fucking Christ some people have some ginormous chips on their shoulders... yet give people like Jamie Fox a pass because dey funneh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I know I came out of "Groundhog Day" really pissed about the way they portrayed TV Cameramen. Never mind the clear Asian hate plainly stated in "16 Candles."

Jesus fucking Christ some people have some ginormous chips on their shoulders... yet give people like Jamie Fox a pass because dey funneh.
    It certainly colored my thinking about reporters and the whole industry. And don't get me started on Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas and its portayal of gonzo writers and Samoan lawyers........
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Haven't seen movie but its an interesting point that's its not true that just the uneducated were racist. The rich and educated probably used the white trash to do the dirty work. It was in they're best interest before the civil war to support slavery and put an intellectual spin on it. Lots of people can support something that is unjust if they benefit from it.

But that is way too complicated to put into a movie. People need simple characters that they can relate to. They couldn't relate to some guy who by all his actions was a "good" guy for 88 minutes of a movie and then attends a lynching and does nothing or approves. That guy existed but we today can't accept that.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

In the Greatest Nation on this Amazing Planet
    I must say this movie was excellent and watching Jessica Chastain made my MANHOOD very happy !

Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
    i identify as a gay transexual