Cape Cod fishermags... take me fishing?

I'm in Truro through month's end with family and have always wanted to go fishing out here. I am not a real fisherman by any stretch of the imagination (done some but not a lot) but it's something I've wanted to do since we started coming out here 15 years ago, and I'd approach it as a student eager to learn. The charter scene kind of leaves me cold for some reason and it seems crazy expensive.

Happy to buy beers, food, contribute to fuel, whatever makes sense. I'm known to be reasonably good company sometimes and am not a complete buffoon. I grew up around boats so could conceivably make myself useful if you need a deckhand. Just thought it'd be more fun with some like-minded folks.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by oftpiste; 08-17-2011 at 05:31 AM.

http://www.relentlesscharters.com/

I went out with them while visiting my inlaws. Only $200 bucks, shared charter, ended up being just three of us on the boat, was a damn good time, and the guys were cool.

And if anyone is coming from Boston and wants to let me tag along I would be willing to pay for shit too. And for the select few who have met me, I'm really not as much of a bastard as I seem
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Postscript....

Ended up doing two half day charters out of p-town, one the day before the hurricane (what there was of it) came through. Day one was with a very friendly pair of guys and we caught nothinng but blues. Day two was with a VERY crusty skipper and less-so mate. We several nice stripers and a couple more blues. Good eating indeed.

That said, it was fun and nice to finally get out and do this after many years of vacationing there, but I think it would even be more fun to hang out with some mags and fish.

I'll try it again next year.

a little late,i work at nelson's b@t in ptown ,no boat but probably could have put you on fish from the beach if you aren't afraid of the dark.let me guess you went out on the Ginny G