Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Little White Dog and a house full of women

Well, about 7 years ago, wife unit brings home a mini-maltese lap dog pup home. Neat little dog, bright and not much of a problem, other than she goes in heat all the time. Three daughters who at the time were 10, 10 and 13 of course fall in love. Wife sticks her in a purse tote type bag and drags her around to sporting events, generating lots of oohs and aahhaas. We get thrown out of a motel over the mutt, and a restaurant or two.

Fast forward to yesterday. After 7 years of watching her go in and out of heat, wife decides to have her spayed. Vet is a shooting buddy of mine and good guy. Get the call that the Tinkster coded in recovery after the surgery. CPR to no avail.

Well, FML for the next week or so. Daughter is pissed at me because I didn't tell her of the pup's demise before her high school volleyball game last night. Rest of them are snubbing around looking pissed at me.

Saddled with the task of digging the hole. Maybe they will all be gone when I decided to do the deed.

Ken
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Bury the little pooch and BUY ANOTHER ONE, HURRY!!!!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

On the plus side a small dog = small hole. I once dug a hole for a cat with my post hole auger. Covered up in about 2 minutes.

edit: the cat was dead.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

At least you don't have to be seen with a woman with a dog in her purse anymore. The worse of it is over.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to buy a dog.... one that doesn't fit into a purse. Chicks dig puppies.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

We burn all our dead animals now - Stack them on a shelf, no more holes to dig
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

Get a real dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Get a real dog?
    Or better yet a wife that wouldn't want a purse dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Ok, what I said above is a dick thing to say. I'm sorry your dog died, that sucks. I don't know if you are a dog person or not, but if your kids are really bummed, maybe you can talk to your family about getting a new dog (not a replacement, but a new dog), and then decide what kind you want from there. But get the thing spayed earlier this time, the world doesn't need anymore unwanted puppies.

+++Vibes

Thanks, I needed the laughs.

Dealing with the kids is the big issue. Rat dog slept with one of them.

Its not like we don't have another dog. Actually a large (fat) chocolate lab, and the deaf white boxer. The lab is pretty chilled, and the deaf boxer is a handfull. We also have a couple of cats that are cool in an independent way.

On the hole thing, my dad built me a "coffin" which means an over sized hole. And it hasn't rained here enough to soften the dirt in a while. Maybe I'll just leave her at the vet........
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

thank you beaver

I'd do whatever keeps the quartermaster happy, or risk being under gunned or low on ammo.

i see guys that have to walk those dogs and i have to feel so sorry for them. i can tell by looking at them, they didnt choose the dog.

there's going to be a fight if my wife springs one of those rat dogs on me, at least until i get sick of the couch and give in.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    i see guys that have to walk those dogs and i
    Just assume they're homos.

NTTIAWWT
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    On the plus side a small dog = small hole. I once dug a hole for a cat with my post hole auger. Covered up in about 2 minutes.

edit: the cat was dead.
    The visual was better without the edit.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Ive got two dogs now (5 and 7 years old) and know Im closer to dealing with their demise than I am there birth.

Im starting to get real worried that the wife will get super irrational and Ill be in the doghouse for months as Im not the one to justify 5 grand on FIDO for medical care.

My thought is if one of em gets sick is to not let the wife come with to the vet. Ill handle the nasty stuff from there.
    Live Free or Die

Don't bury it, get it stuffed, place on mantle, enjoy forever.

Seriously, vibes cause me and the cat are the only males in my household so I can feel your pain, digging the hole could buy you two hours of solitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Don't bury it, get it stuffed, place on mantle, enjoy forever.

Seriously, vibes cause me and the cat are the only males in my household so I can feel your pain, digging the hole could buy you two hours of solitude...
    Super win here....

compromise on the small dog thing, and get a big dog in a little dogs body next time.. get a JRT! The cutest thing you will ever cuss. The smaller ones will fit in a doggy purse, most would break out in a matter of minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    The visual was better without the edit.
    no, no, the edit made the post.

Ken, sorry about the dog, I would recommend cremation through the vet. Like Tony said up there, we just end up stacking the boxes on a shelf.

Oh yea, vibes and shit. You could do the hamster thing and stuff it in a yogurt container (maybe an ice cream container, how big is it?) and then leave it in the deep freeze for 11 years. I'm pretty sure, growing up, we had like 7 hamsters in the freezer. I don't remember any cats and dogs though.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Hugh Conway Guest
    I second the JRT but only if your girls have friends with rats err paris hilton puppies. rats + jrt = win

One of my roommates used to have two jacks that hated me so much they would SH*T ON MY CLOTHES if i left them on the floor of my room. Only dogs I have ever known that I did not get along with-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

On the hamster thing, had those too. One of the kids got one for Christmas, and sister left the cage door open. Found the rear half of the little guy in front of the cats' food bowl.

My dad is a hobby woodworker and built a coffin complete with lining for the Tinkster. Unfortunately, this expands the size of the hole I must dig. Dog remains at the vet's office as of this morning. Too much other shit to do.

Next thing you know, I'll be carving on a damned tombstone. Hey, I have some flat stone left over from the fish pond and a side grinder. T I N K Y = all straight lines. I could score big points with minimal effort.