Valpar Test...has anybody taken it?

I have just completed phase one of an interview process for a position with an Aerostructures company and phase two requires taking (and passing) a Valpar test
    http://www.valparint.com/

I've studied the "dexterity" part of the Valpar test but would like to know if anyone has taken this test and more importantly, what the mathematics portion was comprised of. Expecting basic math skills questions but if it is beyond that then it would be great to know what to study/brush up on. Damn reliance on calculators and ze google.

Thanks.
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

How was the test? I'm about to take it too and was curious what the test involved and any details you could share. Thanks.

Shit forgot about this...Have you taken it yet?
    Well if not study up on basic math; converting fractions, square roots, by hand long division etc. Brush up on spelling if you suck at it.
    The dexterity part of the test was rather fun. A lot like playing a early Atari video game where you are required to quickly identify and capture the correct image shown on the screen. Hand, eye, foot coordination tested via a hand dial and foot pedal (this is where my TIG welding experience paid off with the foot pedal) I was required to move a white box around in order to capture a little gremlin looking thing. One hand was on a button, used to prompt the capture, one hand was on dial that would move the white box laterally and diagonally whereas the foot pedal would move the box horizontally. As the test progresses the little gremlin starts moving quicker and quicker.

The last part of the test involved several hands on, timed tasks. The first one was to quickly insert a long dowel with several pins protruding from it through a box shaped to accept the dowel. Think of trying to fit a key into a lock. I had to rotate the dowel while using a small ball peen hammer to tap the pins into the correct orientation so it could index into the box.

The second test was to take a piece of laminated paper with a funky shape drawn on it and use a sharpie to draw a line inside the shape without hitting the edges of the shape. The trick was the the sharpie was held stationary and vertically so the paper would do the moving, not the sharpie. Timed as well.

Lastly, a wood box was placed in front of me, inside the box were many holes, inside the holes were little dowels with flat terminals with a hole in them. The test was to see how quickly I could pick up the dowels (with tweasers) and insert a piece of small diameter plastic vacuum tubing through the hole. There were probably 20 or so dowels all placed an inch or so apart and at different angles so it was rather difficult to be quick with this test.

Took a little over an hour to complete and was rather fun, though mildly stressful.
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

thank you for sharing.
    Last edited by chrs_klly; 11-22-2011 at 05:16 PM.

How was the test?
    Last edited by chrs_klly; 11-22-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Does anyone know where to study for the valpar test and dexterity part going to have the test this friday 9/5/12