Thread: too short?

too short?

hey, i'm 6'2" and im looking to buy some park/all mtn skis, are 165s too short??
    "First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down."
    George Burns.

yes........
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryhank
    hey, i'm 6'2" and im looking to buy some park/all mtn skis, are 165s too short??
    yes. Unless you ask on epic ski. In which case, they are about 20cm to long.

Yes. I'm 5'7'' to 5'8'' weighing in at about 135-140 and I ride 185's.

I also think weight is more important in determining proper ski length than height. A 5'7'' 175 or 180lb skier will be able to turn bigger boards than someone who is 6'1'' 145 lbs. Weight is what bends a ski and makes it turn, not height, at least that seems to make sense to me.

I heard that snowblades are good for the flippy spinny stuff... especially in the powder...

I'm riding on 178 Public enemies, and they are tooo damn short. I skied on some 205 one time that absolutely railed by comparison, I would really like some 200 cm super fat skis (like >100 mm waist)
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

okay, well im pretty fuckin big, 215 lbs after the holidays, im usually about 200 lbs..
    "First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down."
    George Burns.

oh yeah, forgot to mention, i skied my dad's 170 Xscreams and they really werent bad..
    Last edited by hungryhank; 01-03-2005 at 12:38 PM.
    George Burns.

i went in for some demos yesterday while waiting for a tune at hunt-ah... (ugh. wish i was with you all in utah/tahoe right now.) couldnt find anything i remotely wanted to ski in longer than a 170. ended up just scratching it.

so what, like some 180s??
    George Burns.