Review: 11/12 Armada AK JJ, 195cm

Got a couple days on the AK JJ in a broad range of conditions down in Las Lenas.

No real surprises here: if you liked the JJ, you're going to like this ski, and if you hated the JJ, I doubt the AK will radically change your opinion.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...da-ak-jj-195cm

Thanks for posting. I really like the reviews you guys do at Blister, they are well written and not full of marketing mumbojumbo (read: bullshit).

Do you guys have a list of reviews that are coming soon so I can know what to watch out for?

Thanks, Consigliere.

We'll be posting reviews daily from Las Lenas through August 21. Tomorrow, we're taking out the Jaguar Shark and the new Katana. Here's the list of skis we've brought. Tomorrow, we've got a couple of routes off of Marte we're going to try to hit before we stop for a while to catch the comp.

Here's what we've brought:

11/12 Armada AK JJ, 195cm
    11/12 MOMENT Bibby Special (edition), 196cm
    11/12 Volkl Katana, 190cm
    11/12 ON3P Caylor, 191cm
    11/12 Black Diamond Megawatt, 188cm
    11/12 MOMENT Jaguar Shark, 192cm
    11/12 Volkl Bridge, 179cm
    11/12 MOMENT PB&J, 188cm

sounds like a bigger JJ as opposed to changing the character of the original ski

I imagine the VJJ will be the same idea

I can't wait to hear about the Jaguar Shark. You guys are killing the reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by ride_pow View Post
    I can't wait to hear about the Jaguar Shark. You guys are killing the reviews!
    Thanks, ride_pow.

Finishing up a review of the 11/12 Black Diamond Megawatt, should have the Jag Shark review ready to go in the next day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by JFE24 View Post
    should have the Jag Shark review ready to go in the next day or two.
    Can't wait to read the full review. Do you have any insight on how "short" they ski? I made the switch from snowboarding to telewacking 2 years ago and have been skiing on the 185 cambered Rossi S5s. I am a bit apprehensive about a 182 rockered ski as I don't want anything much shorter than my current setup but 192 sounds a bit long given my experience.

I just picked up some new 195 JJ's a few days ago... I'm psyched to get on them this season!