So this really sucks...

So my left ankle's been swollen and sore the last couple weeks...of course we get dumped on right in the middle of my RICE'ing the hell out of it all last week, can't resist the temptation to get out and rip all this deep new fluff...Thursday it held up pretty good, Friday was about the same, pretty damn painful by about 2pm but as long as I don't let it get bumped too hard I can handle the pain...go out yesterday, 15" of fresh, boot buckled down super tight, after 2 runs it's already feeling like 2pm, 3rd run of the day I'm machin' down thru some trees, flex my left ankle on a turn and I feel a snap, like a ligament or tendon on the front left side of my ankle, instantly get this burning sensation in my ankle, had no choice but to call it a day and head home Get home and it's pretty swollen, doesn't hurt to walk on at all, hurts like hell though when I flex my toes, holy shit does that hurt!! Looking up at the mountain right now, know it's gotta be good and I'm sitting here nursing an ankle Had planned on going out tomorrow too, instead I'm off to the office and the doctor, if any of you could keep your fingers crossed for me that this isn't too serious I'd REALLY appreciate it.
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

ouch! fingers are crossed

Ack...ok so fingers r crossed for ya. I'm heading to doc tomorrow to ...see if they have to do surgery on hand so hopefully we'll both come back with good news.

good luck and speedy recovery

I had what sounds like close to the same problem last year. It really only hurt when I had my ski boots on, anything else was okay. And flexing my toes hurt alot too. I dont think mine ever got swolen though. Mine turned out being a stress fracture which really sucked because putting a cast on does no good. All you can do is walk around on crutches and be very careful.

that is the very condensed story. But anyway I hope its nothing serious, and until you hear, take it easy.
    "I just looked down to see if I was wearing my seatbelt, and I'm sitting at my desk in my room."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owencaprell/

Quote Originally Posted by Out_to_lunch
    I had what sounds like close to the same problem last year. It really only hurt when I had my ski boots on, anything else was okay. And flexing my toes hurt alot too. I dont think mine ever got swolen though. Mine turned out being a stress fracture which really sucked because putting a cast on does no good. All you can do is walk around on crutches and be very careful.

that is the very condensed story. But anyway I hope its nothing serious, and until you hear, take it easy.

^^^sounds very similar to what i've got...so no surgery right?? thanks for the well wishing
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

Quote Originally Posted by shit sandwich
    ^^^sounds very similar to what i've got...so no surgery right?? thanks for the well wishing
    No surgery. Just crutches for a VERY LONG time, and pain killers.

Basically all it can do is heal by itself. The best way for it to do that is to stay off of it as much as possible. Still check it out with the doc just in case.
    "I just looked down to see if I was wearing my seatbelt, and I'm sitting at my desk in my room."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owencaprell/