Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sun Valley

We spent a nice weekend over in SV on Memorial Day weekend. Most everything dry. Lovely camping out in Deer Creek- free designated camping sites where you don't need to drive to riding. We rode Wolftone to Curran, didn't have time for the North Deer Creek or Mars Ridge loops, but they were enticing too.

So much riding over there... we are getting there in Teton Valley but SV is inspirational!

Bump for campground recommendations. Is Boundary okay? Would I rather be north/south/east/west of town? We wouldn't mind being fairly close to town but wouldn't mind a little privacy, no fees (if possible) and a nearby creek. Thanks in advance- stoked for this week!
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

It's pretty busy right now in town, but I would go out Corral Creek or out Warm Springs in you're looking close to town. Their unimproved campsites, but you can ride from both spots into some great rides. This weekend is the Super Enduro, so it will be pretty stoked around town all weekend! I think there is a street party in Warm Springs on Saturday. Go here for more info: ridesunvalley.com
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Pretty psyched, heading up Friday morning. Never been and it's been on my list for a while.

Any reason to bring a big bike? Anyone not doing the race wanna show me around?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Pretty psyched, heading up Friday morning. Never been and it's been on my list for a while.

Any reason to bring a big bike? Anyone not doing the race wanna show me around?
    It's not big bike trails. Really they are awesome zoom zoom fun fast flow but not super tech trails.

Sounds perfect. Hardtail it is.

Dan, I'm on the IR right now but I'd be happy to help you out with whatever you need. I live south of town but give me a holler if you need showers, tools, whatever. I'll be in town for the most part, likely out camping Saturday night. Have fun!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Doh, bummer about being banged. I think we got a pretty good setup with a house and amenities but really appreciate the offer. I'm pretty sure you're mutual friends with some of the bc.com people I'm heading up with so I have a feeling we might run into each other. Should be a fun weekend.

The riding should be really good this weekend with all of the rain that we got earlier this week.

Also I am around this weekend and riding tomorrow night and probably Saturday mid day and also Sunday. Let me know if you want to tag along with our little crew.
    "I don't feel tardy"

wow..my old thread has been bumped!

I will actually be back in town July 3rd through 7th. I'm racing Marathon Nationals on the 6th (single speed division). Staying with the wife and dog right downtown somewhere.

Stoked to hear that you guys got some rains recently...been crazy dry conditions in NorCal this year (more dry than normal due to crappy winter).
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    ..... of the bc.com people I'm heading up with so I have a feeling we might run into each other. Should be a fun weekend.
    JA?

i will hide the whiskeeee
    one step forward, no step backward

As far as the hardball or big bike goes, I always take both. Allandale took me on a fun ass ride that I was happy to have the big bike on the top section. TandA, I'll give you another shout when we make it up later this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using TGR Forums
    sigless.

Stupid auto correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using TGR Forums
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by allTandA View Post
    JA?

i will hide the whiskeeee
    You better hide it well.