Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Good choice on the topsheets Pat. Those skis are so damn beautiful with the carbon. Very, very unique look. Clean.

Agree, topsheets look solid. Are those the lhasa tops?

Just a test run. They look a thousand times better than that (I mean 'Oh, Fuck, Stupid Crazy Gorgeous), but I ain't puttin up the kill shots. I'm not ready to get flooded with orders quite yet.

I cant wait to see these skis, i was impressed with the quality of some 183 blems i bought last yeat so i cant imagine how nice my first pair of real bros will look.

id reccomend keeping the "FKNA made in the USA" as a nice subtle part of the graphic.
    Carry on my wayward son...

It says 'Made in The US of FKNA' now.

Any more teaser pics of the 187s? I get the impression this ski will be a big hit this year.

i forgot to add some observations about the bases. i skied these on the dirt and rock through july and still haven't taken a core shot or gouge that really needs filling. most folks know that we have some plentiful angular rock around the bird. it usually doesn't take long to ugly up the bases.

^That's good to hear, I tend to shred my bases like swiss cheese.

I finally got to fondle the 187 fats today. Very impressive

I skied the 187s most of last season in just about every snow condition imaginable from powder during the Christmas season in Utah to bullet proof groomers and perfect corn at Mt Hood in late June. For me the 187 is the most versatile Bro that I've used and I have skied nearly every iteration Pat has made in the last 5 years. With the more traditional shape it is possible to relax a bit more than when you're on the Lhasas which need to be exclusively driven from the front. Not saying that the 187s shouldn't be, but if you get caught in the back seat a little, they won't immediately take you for a ride like the Lhasas. I do prefer the Lhasas on very steep, hard slopes due to the more pintail shape.

does this ski still exist? like the tip/tail dimension difference. not into pintail shapes. how flat is the tail on it. 179 would be plenty long for me and my purposes, unless there's a ton of rocker/early rise.

http://www.pmgear.com/index.php?page...mart&Itemid=12

rog

I can't imagine they dropped it.
    not counting days 2016-17

It hasn't been dropped. Last season only a few prototypes were made and far as I know it will be in the regular lineup this coming season after a few more tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by AltaPowderDaze View Post
    i forgot to add some observations about the bases. i skied these on the dirt and rock through july and still haven't taken a core shot or gouge that really needs filling. most folks know that we have some plentiful angular rock around the bird. it usually doesn't take long to ugly up the bases.

Yes! Mine are the slightly shorter version but they have the same bases. There were a few times this season when I aired out small drops only to find that there were still rocks under the snow in the landing, but the bases were fine every time. One gouge all year and it was nowhere near the core nor did it require repairing. Can't speak highly enough about the durability of the bases on the new skis. That said, the red is a very thirsty base material- but other than that I've got no complaints whatsoever. VERY durable... And this is skiing Magic primarily, where skis go to die- so that's saying something.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    does this ski still exist? like the tip/tail dimension difference. not into pintail shapes. how flat is the tail on it. 179 would be plenty long for me and my purposes, unless there's a ton of rocker/early rise.

http://www.pmgear.com/index.php?page...mart&Itemid=12

rog

Rog - the 179 Fat is the lil Bro of the 183 Fat. However, the 187 Fat is kind of a blend of the two and is its own unique animal overall.

The 179 Fat kicks ass. Didn't get many orders for 179 Fats last year but everyone who's got a pair raves about them.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Rog - the 179 Fat is the lil Bro of the 183 Fat. However, the 187 Fat is kind of a blend of the two and is its own unique animal overall.

The 179 Fat kicks ass. Didn't get many orders for 179 Fats last year but everyone who's got a pair raves about them.
    thanx! do many retailers sell your skis, or do you mostly sell direct from your website? the durability of your bases intrigues me as well. i hardly ever hit a rock, like maybe 2 per year or something, but i have core shotted my last 2 pair of skis atomic/k2 without much trouble. a little unsettling.

rog

I pulled out my 187 fats today and gave them a hug.

I will hide them once again before me wifey gets home from work, she doesn't even realize she's working to help pay for my skis

I used to hidr skis from my girlfriend but than I got a better job and she moved half way around the world so I can have all the skis I want with out hiding hehe

Piggty post some pics of the hiddrn goods I cant wait for mine in the fall

Rog, we're the internet/internet company. Though we do like to stock some shops so people can demo. Also working with/helping develop a demo tour that is in the making for the West that will carry just few indie brands to the masses from the rockies to the sierra to the cascades.

^Pat, great idea man.

That's funny huckster!! You decided to hide the girl instead of the skis

I really don't need to hides these 187's but it is fun thinking I have my own secret. I dropped the "I might have a pair of skis delivered joke" the other day and she said go for it that I don't buy clothing, shoes or anything else except gear. And that I use it all They hang directly in the box above her car, she doesn't miss much so I think she knows but it's my attempt at keeping a secret

I had to break out my ninja skis for the photo shoot.

Edit: all this talking about skiing has made me jones so now it's time to surf!!

Also working with/helping develop a demo tour that is in the making for the West that will carry just few indie brands to the masses from the rockies to the sierra to the cascades.
    Awesome idea, splat.
    not counting days 2016-17

Also working with/helping develop a demo tour that is in the making for the West that will carry just few indie brands to the masses from the rockies to the sierra to the cascades.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Awesome idea, splat.
    x2. This would be fantastic

1 Great idea, 1 Awesome idea and 1 Fantastic idea comment. Seems unanimous at this point

Rog, we're the internet/internet company. Though we do like to stock some shops so people can demo. Also working with/helping develop a demo tour that is in the making for the West that will carry just few indie brands to the masses from the rockies to the sierra to the cascades.
    very cool. maybe i'll head over to magic to try some then, or fuck it, maybe i'll just order a pair. my girlfriend makes no money. i do. she can suck it. why i keep her around.

rog

I was thinking about the BRO 183 and Splat said the 187 Fat was the ski I needed. The review answered alot of my questions. Not quite ready to pull the trigger just yet. I didn't want to poach this thread so I started my own to get some more feed back. http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Fat-the-answer. Thanks for review.

hey splat any updates on the the 187 fats? top sheet design? huh?