Deschutes "abyss", "mirror mirror", or "the dissident"

Anybody got a few bottles of Deschutes "abyss", "mirror mirror", or "the dissident" that they want to trade for something? Other beer or whatever? Drank all my Mirror Mirror and want the others. PM me.

Can find you just about any MN beer. Surly is only in MN.

We need a TGR Beer Exchange thread..........
    focus.

I agree!!! But probably highly illegal across state lines so PMs are very necessary.

edit: beeradvocate.com is the real deal (maybe mispelled) but just thought I would try. MODS if this is not cool let me know and I will delete it or you can probably delete it before I come back here.
    Last edited by Crass3000; 07-27-2011 at 06:47 AM.

I have nothing helpful to add. But on Monday night Mrs. Cruiser and I shared a bottle of the '09 Abyss. It was delicious and when we're done with it she asks me to get a keg of it for our kegerator. I had to explain to her that that was a pretty tall order.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    I agree!!! But probably highly illegal across state lines so PMs are very necessary.
    It's done all the time on Beer Advocate and talked about openly.

I think that as long as no money is changing hands, it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Nah, it's illegal. But folks do it all the time. Most are shipping "collectable glassware" or "artisan olive oil"as opposed to alcoholic beverages though.

Oh, just checked and I only have one bottle of each of the dissent, mirror mirror, and the super jubel. Can't bear to part with any of them though.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    It's done all the time on Beer Advocate and talked about openly.

I think that as long as no money is changing hands, it's all good.
    On beer advocate all trading has to be done by PM. You definately can't do it openly.

But ironically you can list people you have had good trades with.

Edit: Got lots of Black Butte 23 but thats seems to be pretty easy to come by if you know where to look.
    Last edited by Crass3000; 07-27-2011 at 07:08 AM.

On beer advocate all trading has to be done by PM. You definately can't do it openly.

But ironically you can list people you have had good trades with.
    Yeah and you can list "haves" and "wants" too.

Can't get much more open than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Yeah and you can list "haves" and "wants" too.

Can't get much more open than that.
    But it is a rule on the site that all trades have to be by PM. I agree every knows whats going on but......

Edit: PMs protect the site. If you were open about anything except tastings you would be booted. I understand what you are saying. I just started my own haves and wants on the site under the same name as I am here.
    Last edited by Crass3000; 07-27-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Oh, just checked and I only have one bottle of each of the dissent, mirror mirror, and the super jubel. Can't bear to part with any of them though.
    Thanks Cruiser. I'm actually looking for about 4 of each bottle. Super Jubel is not coming around anytime soon. I'd hold on to my bottles too. I know where a bottle of Cantllon Grand Cru is but I drank 750. Really is not good compared to anything else they release.

The brewer from their Portland pub used to come to ME with all those bottles that he'd bootleg on vacation. So good.
    Id trade some Northeast bottles for those.

Thanks Cruiser. I'm actually looking for about 4 of each bottle. Super Jubel is not coming around anytime soon. I'd hold on to my bottles too. I know where a bottle of Cantllon Grand Cru is but I drank 750. Really is not good compared to anything else they release.
    Super Jubel is only once every 10 years, right? I had some at Collins Pub last time I was in Seattle, and was really impressed. I was disappointed to find out I couldn't get it for another 10 years...

Deschutes did a night at my local pub (Beer Revolution in Oakland).

The Brewmeister came down, all they served was Deschutes (They had close to 20 taps pouring). I had no clue Deschutes made so many great beers... highly recommended if you hear they are throwing a party near you.
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    Super Jubel is only once every 10 years, right? I had some at Collins Pub last time I was in Seattle, and was really impressed. I was disappointed to find out I couldn't get it for another 10 years...
    It's available on tap every year supposedly, only bottled every 10 (well 2000 and 2010). Local store has a number of 2010 Abyss left if people are interested. Think its $12/bottle, I'll check today

Beer Revolution is awesome