Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    i missed the original thread when this was playing out.

well done, IG!

FKNA. Glad the ride is going to a good home.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Talking

Good stuff IG.

Way to rock as a mom Sprite. Here's to hoping Zig doesn't scare you while riding as much as he does while driving.
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

Awesome! So glad this all worked out so well!
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

So today's the day the surprise might go down! I worked it out w/ my son's boss...who's away right now...and the other shop-rats are supposed to get pics or better yet video. I am not sure it came in though, I tried to call yesterday but my kid picked up and I didn't want to get him suspicious. I asked a relative to call and ask for a friend, but have not heard back from her if the other kid who works there told her about the bike arriving or now.

I guess it's just wait and see now! As soon as I find out I'll let you know...and post up some picks!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

It looks like the bike was delievered at 1:47, so I hope Zig's out riding his new bike.

Dear Customer,

This notice serves as proof of delivery for the shipment listed below.

Service:
    UPS Ground
    Weight:
    52.70 lbs
    Shipped/Billed On:
    07/26/2011
    Delivered On:
    08/02/2011 1:47 P.M.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

UPS

Tracking results provided by UPS: 08/02/2011 9:33 P.M. ET
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Hey everyone,
    it's Zig here.

First off all, thanks for the nomination and support from everyone! I'm so stoked about the bike. I just rode it today and it was amazing! It rides like a wet noodle, which is great for doing a bunch of the more techie stuff I've been "oh so afraid" to do but wanted to for so long. I definitely am going to do a whole bunch more technical stuff now on this bike. In fact, I rode my first skinney on this bike today and it rode like a charm. I also took it for a ride in Mianus (which, for the joke, was warm and sweaty) today and it rode amazingly. It was a bit hard to go up hill though. :P

Oh, and here's a nice little injury from the ride today. It hasn't stopped bleeding for about an hour, but what ever, it was worth the ride.

Also, my coworker and friend has a video of when they told me my bike was mine. I'm going to try to see if I can get a hold of it so I can show all of you (because writing the story would be way too long and my knee hurts too much at the moment to type that much :P).

^^^ The red badge of courage. Nice work!
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Thanks man

only thing is that it hasn't stopped bleeding and it's been like 2 or more hours man

not so fun

All the Coronas on the counter didn't help?
    Last edited by InspectorGadget; 08-02-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Lol
    those are my mom's and he boyfriends

Hey! It's garbage/recycle around here...but it figures you lushes would notice!

Zig has to tell you the whole story, but I think he is waiting to get it uploaded here so you can just see it for yourselves. Actually, it was a classic and the shop-rats were in rare form for their deception. I really can't wait until you see-I won't say anything and spoil the vid for you because it is too good!

Thanks again all, and Zig has posted a ride in the hookup section. The shop kids all go out on Tuesdays, along with some bigger-"kids" and ride in the Mi-anus (yup, really called that...lol!) river park. Any area mags who have not been there or want to re-discover it, let him know and they will show ya around.

More pics/vids are to ensue as the rest of the summer unfolds, I am sure. The bike is indeed christened

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Brilliant.
    Zig, look into steri strips and bacitracin. Ask your pharmacist.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Aw. Ziggy has sprouted since I last saw him!

Congrats. I hope you have many great times on the bike!
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Big thumbs up on this! Good job IG.

awesome.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Stitches would not be a bad idea for that one... plenty of orthopedists on here can probably hook you up in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Stitches would not be a bad idea for that one... plenty of orthopedists on here can probably hook you up in no time.
    Can't suture it if it's been open longer than 12 hours. Let that be a lesson, mags.

Zig, just make sure you're cleaning it with soap and water twice a day. The steri strip suggestion mentioned earlier is not a bad idea either. I'm sure it's probably starting heal up by this point. Just keep it clean and you'll be fine in no time.

Still waiting on some TRs and video stoke

The Zigster is working today...and yesterday was devoted to his girlfriend who will be away for 2 wks (awww!).

He said yesterday when he got home late that he's planning to get that vid from the shop-rat who has it (hopefully he's in today) and post it. Not to mention his mom wants to see it.

Like I said, the story of how they sprung this whole thing on him is pretty funny. They are creative--that's for sure!

Sprite

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Still waiting on some TRs and video stoke
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    yesterday was devoted to his girlfriend who will be away for 2 wks (awww!).
    Hmm.....
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

:
    :
    :

Hopefully Zman will be checking in here to let you know what's up. There's a minor hitch in posting the vid. It will happen but they're waiting on some cable that is out on vacation w/ the boss (who will return this Monday from a bike tour of Ireland!). The boss himself wants to see the footy too. Plus new ride is coming up this Tues, let's see if the bike takes a bite of him again or if he can tame the BEAST!

Sprite

Sorry everyone, getting the video is taking a little longer than I expected
    I'm going to contact my coworker and try to get him to send it to me by tomorrow, or worst case scenario, Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
    Sorry everyone, getting the video is taking a little longer than I expected
    I'm going to contact my coworker and try to get him to send it to me by tomorrow, or worst case scenario, Tuesday
    So how's it riding? Any more carnage? Find any knee pads?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Can't suture it if it's been open longer than 12 hours. Let that be a lesson, mags
    This is not true. I will show you some gnarly knees that have been sutured several days later and are right as rain now. If you need someone in Colorado or Utah, I'll let you know who can sew you up, even a few days late.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Aw. Ziggy has sprouted since I last saw him!

Congrats. I hope you have many great times on the bike!
    No shit girl!

Z, when I rode with you and yo mama at one of the UT Mini summits, the day was a Bird day, you were half the size you are now.

Nice you see you breaking yourself in!
    Stoked for ya man!! Enjoy riding.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy