Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1605
    ffs... spelling! my only weakness!

the edge of the hot tub gets too hot when it's sunny, black isn't a great color

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hot tub.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	328034

my new sunglasses are polarized slightly offset of the heads-up display on my bmw. so i have to tilt my head to read the speed, or even (god forbid) look at the instrument panel.

FML

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    my new sunglasses are polarized slightly offset of the heads-up display on my bmw. so i have to tilt my head to read the speed, or even (god forbid) look at the instrument panel.

FML
    The horror.

I can’t seem to figure out which way to turn the dial control in my wife’s Audi to scroll through channels, I am going the wrong way 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-000...040100438.html

Oh. No.
    Truffles? Not the truffles!
    . . .

FML
    You need some M series sunglasses. If you can’t afford the real ones, contact DD for a line on faux German performance accessories
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

FML
    This has been a problem since as long as I can remember, I'm honestly amazed that the good engineers in Munich haven't figured out that you can't see shit in their cars with polarized lenses on.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    The horror.

I can’t seem to figure out which way to turn the dial control in my wife’s Audi to scroll through channels, I am going the wrong way 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fact. Normal scrolling intuition would be down = left and up = right, or surely, when you're presented with the horizontal scrolling option that left to move left and right to move right would be correct, especially with the right hand controlling, right? No, it's exactly the opposite depending on what menu you're in on the MMI, and I swear it changes from screen to screen.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    You need some M series sunglasses. If you can’t afford the real ones, contact DD for a line on faux German performance accessories
    Do they sell shift knobs as well?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This has been a problem since as long as I can remember, I'm honestly amazed that the good engineers in Munich haven't figured out that you can't see shit in their cars with polarized lenses on.
    It's why pilots don't wear polarized lenses. That, and the funny patterns you see on the rear window of the plane in front of you.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Fact. Normal scrolling intuition would be down = left and up = right, or surely, when you're presented with the horizontal scrolling option that left to move left and right to move right would be correct, especially with the right hand controlling, right? No, it's exactly the opposite depending on what menu you're in on the MMI, and I swear it changes from screen to screen.

Do they sell shift knobs as well?
    The knob is (virtually) in the middle of the display. Which way you spin depends on where the selections are in relation to the middle of the display.

I have a friend who, whenever I mention that my car is or was in the shop, says in a high pitched terrible German accent: “ze Audi is FOCKED!!”
    focus.

GTFO with your audi talk. this is a BMW thread!

Normal scrolling intuition would be down = left and up = right, or surely, when you're presented with the horizontal scrolling option that left to move left and right to move right would be correct, especially with the right hand controlling, right?
    Good design for scrolling would not try to translate right/left to up/down...it's not intuitive & just poor design

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Good design for scrolling would not try to translate right/left to up/down...it's not intuitive & just poor design
    What about websites? I feel like there should be agreement on placement of the links for next and previous page. Instead some have next page on the left and some have it on the right

When your dinghy (tender) is so big it requires it's own $1,000 a night boat slip..... mothership is in the background.

Home Depot removed the aisle and bay # information from their web site so now you have to install their app if you want product locations inside their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    When your dinghy (tender) is so big it requires it's own $1,000 a night boat slip..... mothership is in the background.
    Who doesn't need 3135 hp on their tender after all?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    *counts outboards, does multiplication, carries the 2... yeah, that's some fuckin... muscle.

I'm in that lovely navy hulled Benetau Oceanis (?) dead off the tender's bow every day of the week though.

That exact one?

edit: you would be in it , got it

Oh yeah, that one's a total looker.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I thought the 7 meant 700 hp.
    I'm all disappoint.

supposedly they are developing something bigger. because why the fuck not, I guess.

I just read the 627's are almost $90 grand each. Almost half a million dollars worth of engines on that transom^^

I'm not a boater, but I guess the reason for 5 engines is if 4 engines fail you can still get back to shore, albeit a bit slower?

Well that and peepee size issues.

I’m sure some outboard expert can tell me but I always assumed that there would be some kind of residual drag issues once you get anywhere above 2 engines, ie one prop spinning slower than the others or multiples not spinning at the same rate.

Like trying to synchronize the carbs on an old Jag V12?

My other concern would be when you eventually hit a rock strewn sandbar at low tide you've done fucked up 5 props.

On the subject of boating, I have a friend who has some boats. I dunno what he's got but one of them is big with a blue hull and it has an engine room, another is for fishing, and the third one is for sailing. He'd have four but one sunk after the last hurricane. He also has some jet skis, and wanted to know if I'd like to jet ski with him from LI to CT. As a non boater this sounds risky to me. So I'd like to get a call on this from the boating pros before agreeing to this adventure.
    Last edited by Timberridge; 07-08-2020 at 08:55 AM.