Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks for getting this together, BD. Good times.

Is this is still on, someone PM me their digits, I may be a last-minute walk-on addition.. We'll see how the day goes

DTV, It's on... we're meeting at Eastern Standard at 5. I have a table, so come by. (Look for the ski junkies jonesing in the corner...) All the tix are spoken for, but I'm sure they are plenty to pick up.

Goes for any mags coming in tonight.

PM sent, too.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Just got out of work. Have to shoot to the house and then I'm out. Turns out my brother will be in the house tonight as well- He had no idea when he bought the tickets and neither did I but that will be a fun addition to the crew for sure!

See you guys in a few!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Good time indeed - in addition to meeting new friends in person, reconnected at Fenway with some very old and dear friends - and F those punk scalpers LOL

lol... Awesome night (In spite of the results). Great to meet a bunch of mags and talk snow. (Glad we didn't have to bail anyone out of jail, either...ahem.)

As the thread "Never met a maggot..." overwhelmingly contends, it was proven last night that maggots are a great group! Seriously good peoples. I can't wait to make some turns together.

Mazderati, Advres, Teleee, DoWork, BigDaddy, Jimbo, & DaveTV

Seats weren't too bad, either

Speaking of seats... where did you end up, Diamond Joe???! How's your neck?
    (I know, I'm an asshole... and you did own up to it, but still... its too f'n funny!)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I think the worst seats are any of the small grandstand numbers. (1-7 or 8) Your neck will get a kink from having to look all the way to your extreme left the whole game, and it aint even a good view of the action for the pain..
    Really?!? Id MUCH rather pay $30 (or higher) less and sit in the bleachers than sit in Sec 5 and watch nothing but the crowd and the outfielders...

Good times with good people for sure. Great to meet you guys.

Seats were killer. BD and his cat-like reflexes ended up with a foul ball for a little while.

Haahaahaa.... Dick... I texted BD a pic from my seat halfway through the game - i dont know how to upload it from my phone, but basically it was - the pesky pole. And thats IT. (BD, Post it up from your phone, if you can)

My Dad was all psyched "the seats are four rows from the field!!!" but yup, section 7, the one that not a week earlier I was telling the collective here are the "worst in baseball". Yes BD, my neck is stiff. I had to crane around to the extreme left to see any of the action, and even then, the pesky pole completely blocked my view of home plate. By the 5th inning I pretty much gave up on trying to watch the pitch come into the plate, I just watched the pitcher deliver, and then waited for the ball to come into the field of play, or see the replay of the swing and miss on the screen... Damn it!! Felt bad for the ol man cause he thought he had gotten us great seats, and he spent a bunch of coin, but by the end even he was bitching. ("Man, ive spent much less money and had a waaay better view!) If only he had read my post last week... STAY AWAY FROM 2-8!!!!!

Anyhow, I was trying to get into town early enough for some food and beers with you guys, but it wasnt meant to be...

Next time, for sure

nice shirt BD

It was a good time for sure. Thanks again BD for hooking it all up. Classic!
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

looks 'wicked pissah'! my folks still live in Scituate bummed i missed this. i'm there next time. Go Sox!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    nice shirt BD
    I was hoping to get a little TV exposure for Magic. Seats were good and I did get about half a nano-second when Gonzales caught a foul near us. But don't expect Magic to have Stratton size crowds this season. Sorry

DJ, you were a brave man to admit it and text the pic. We all had a good laugh... (but you knew we would!)

Yeah, I knew you guys would get a kick out of that... "Dont sit in these sections, theyre the worst in baseball!!!!" - and where do I end up sitting??! Story of my life...

Anyhow, did you guys see the attendance statistic they posted on the big screen? It was 38,XXX, but what I thought was crazy was the assertion that it was "The largest paid attendance in fenway since WWII"???

Really?? How is that possible, for a thursday night, regular season game against the Tribe???

Really?? How is that possible, for a thursday night, regular season game against the Tribe???
    Maggot night...

I'm betting beer sales set a new record, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    BD and his cat-like reflexes ended up with a foul ball for a little while.
    That was a screeching line drive right at us, and after savoring the moment for a few seconds, he turned around and tossed the ball to the young kid with the glove who he beat out diving for the ball under the seats, which spawned an impressive ovation from the crowd!

BD,

Thanks for the props MMP (and the credit DTV), but they should go to DTV. He's the one who suggested I do so. It felt great to make em so happy, though.

^^ wow, that was YOU GUYS??!? No shit. Nice work!!

Wow. Just got back from the game late last night. Sweet weekend for sure but now I'm totally drained and could use a nap. Great to see everybody and put a few names with faces too, had a blast all around.

Huge thanks to all for a great time.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Made it back home to the land of Zion. I would have to say hanging out with fellow maggots was the high light of the trip. Dowork, I think I may, possibly be over my hangover. It was great meeting all of you. If you ever get to Utah I will be pissed if you don't call and give me a chance to repay the hospitality.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

teleee, glad you had a good time! See, some of us Massholes can be decent peeps
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    BD,
    Just saw this. Awesome work BigDaddy. You surely made that kids day! Thank you for all you do.

Thanks UNM, but again, it was totally DTV's suggestion. Once I had the ball, I was like a deer in the headlights, thinking... "Now what do I do with it?"

Fortunately DaveTV was together enough to come up with the idea, so he should get at least 95% of the credit.

Just wondering Diamond Joe, could you see us from your seat, or was it on the Jumbo-tron? (Would be cool to know we made it onto the tron.)

davetv should have said, " Hey, i bet your daughter would like that!"

I thought about that, but she's already got a couple and it's not like she was there... Those other kids can say, "This ball is from the game I went to!" I think they will enjoy it a lot more.

Now about those Pesky poles...?