Guided rafting- colorado

Dockaroo wants to go on a guide rafting trip. I've never done any rafting in Colorado and the number of choices is overwhelming.

Ive done a few trips in MT, WY and the northeast, she's never been. Any ideas on a worthwhile outfit that's a day trip (or maybe make a weekend of it) from Boulder?

I don't know the specific outfits, but just drive to Buena Vista. Brown's should still be good and then spend the weekend camping on the Aspen side of the pass.

around boulder the best guided rafting is probably going to be clear creek west of golden or the poudre west of foco. Not really sure which companies are best.... The ark probably has the best guided trips but thats farther south than you are talking about.

2nd on the drive to Bueny plan. Don't waste your time on Clear Creek, or even the Poudre if either of you has been rafting before. Even if she is a first timer, it's a little bit of splashing and that is it. Lots of companies in Buena Vista, it's been YEARS since I last rafted there, and Noah's Ark is a company I have gone on several trips with and always had a good experience. Any of the companies will also have a few different options for bigger/smaller water, usually. Have fun, I am bummed I am not going to get on any water again this year. Not too many more years till the little maggette in the house will be of age though!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

This is the outfit you want. http://www.independentrafting.com/

noahs ark, hahahahahaha