Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

I've never met a maggot.......

I'm rolling with "I didn't like" .
    Even the ones that I thought were sometimes edouches were actually alright irl
    Being a skibum and workin several seasons at a resort has afforded me the opportunity to meet a good share.
    I'm kind of bummed I never made or found this place back when it seems a lot more effort was in summits and get togathers.
    I'm guessin I've met somewhere over 100 but probably less than 200 and shared turns with between 1/2 & 3/4 of em.
    Kind of curious as to the thoughts of some of the more prolific posters who treat this place only as an anonymous ehang out.nttiawwt.
    Who would you think has the most posts w/out meeting one?
    Who'se met the most Splat? Iceman?
    How many you met?
    Got a cool story about meetin one?
    Strangest place you've met one?
    Think a true summit will ever happen again or should?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Even though I didn't bother posting until this past year, I'm figuring I've probably met a number of people on here - likely at Squaw and Alpine - and just didn't realize it. Don't want to be some annoying douche always asking people if they're on TGR... perhaps a sticker on my helmet or something would be more effective, but whatever.

I had Ville, his brother and two female friends of theirs crash at my place when I lived in Narvik, and can´t find a single fault to their company. Had a great time!

I've met a lot, no idea how many. Some people still haven't figured out I used to be flykdog, so a couple have been surprised when I met them a second time. Strangest encounter was a random one in Winston-Salem NC at a MTB trail and then met the same maggot on the tram at Snowbasin a few years later with no contact in between.

I can't count how many I've met, skied with most of em. Some of my best friends now are mags that I met thru TGR. Some seriously good peeps in this place.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Well, I met mock vomit, but now I think maybe I met Jer and didn't know it........
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

It's odd, but I've met more biking than skiing. Creaky is very nice in person, hehehe.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I've met a lot, no idea how many. Some people still haven't figured out I used to be flykdog, so a couple have been surprised when I met them a second time. Strangest encounter was a random one in Winston-Salem NC at a MTB trail and then met the same maggot on the tram at Snowbasin a few years later with no contact in between.
    Well I'll be damned! I had no idea you were flykdog. I skied with you way back when I was in 8th or 9th grade at Snowbasin for the Utah Mini that was in December. My friend Tim was with us too. He's heading into his third season working at the GMD and I'll hopefully be out there this coming winter.

I've met and skied with quite a few members of the original Utah and Colorado crews, along with a handful of mags from the east coast. I'm sure I've seen others who I haven't asked for change, but it's always been a great time.

Only made it to one Mini in Utah back in 2003 I think, but it was a blast. I remember some of the pictures from the early ones in Utah and B.C., and it made me wish I was older so I could have taken part in more. This place had a good run as a medium for get-togethers, but it seems that time has come and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Some of my best friends now are mags that I met thru TGR. Some seriously good peeps in this place*.
    QFT.

*Not as many as there used to be though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    maybe I met Jer and didn't know it........
    You are a VERY lucky individual.

If I could be so fortunate...

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    You are a VERY lucky individual.

If I could be so fortunate...
    Well he presented himself as Tim and there was no talk of 144 IQ's, AIDS, Norwegian death metal or guns or even librodouches so if it was him I didn't get character so thats the same as not meeting him I'd say.

Got to spend an afternoon sailing on Alaska Rovers nice little boat last summer.
    Last edited by OSECS; 07-25-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Best story: I met YetiMan about 5 years before I signed on to TGR, then after I signed on it took me almost 4 years of reading him to realize he was the guy I'd met at Taos and who worked on one of the fire crews in my domain. I'm a little slow sometimes.

I've met at least a dozen more, most of them New Mexicans or passers-thru that I knew or met outside of TGR hookups. Always good people.

I've met at least 75, but most of those came from the EC Ullrfest. We're lucky out here to have one very well run Ullrfest that attracts a large number of the EC members. Thanks BigDaddy.

Skied with probably 15 - 20 this year. Never met any mag in person and didn't like em. I'm sure they are out there though.

I think there should be another true summit.

Good peeps all around.

i'd probably be friends with a bunch of youz if y'all could keep up on the hill. guess i'll have to start hangin' ova at newschoolers to find ski friends.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    I had Ville, his brother and two female friends of theirs crash at my place when I lived in Narvik, and can´t find a single fault to their company. Had a great time!
    I tried to call Arild, he never answered his phone.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I've met at least 75, but most of those came from the EC Ullrfest. We're lucky out here to have one very well run Ullrfest that attracts a large number of the EC members. Thanks BigDaddy.
    Np. Ullrfest is a lot of fun... started out not really knowing what I was getting into, but it has always been a great group. Besides, I was lucky enough to have the right place for hosting... (and Buckethead threatened to out me for using snowblades.) It's a great place to make connections before the season starts, and have a few beers. Hopefully it won't rain so frigging much this year!

Met you, SFB and many cool SLC mags... who make you feel like you're at home, which is always nice. Traveling in Yurp is fun (or anywhere for that matter), when you know you can call on a mag for ski issues almost anywhere.

Made a lot of good friends and almost all of my good ski buddies are maggots, now... but my most bizarre encounter was at MRG parking lot. Dude and wife in a mini-van stuck in snowbank, so I help pull them out. Next weekend, skiing with a group of maggots at another VT MT, same dude comes over to group and says hello. He was a mag (Bottleman) and so I had unwittingly helped another one out... scoring good karma points and free beer.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 07-25-2011 at 02:39 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

for a long time i had a best ski bud that i would ski almost every day with. he moved away, and now i ski with a whole bunch of people. almost all from here.
    in real life we tend to develop friendships before we discuss religion and politics. not so much here.
    otoh, in real life, people from coloitsofuckingradyo tend to haze me a bit, and vice versa. it's all good though. in the end we get off on the same thing, wherever we ride or whatever we ride on.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I've shared turns with at least 20 mags, and have yet to meet one I didn't like. I regularly ski with some of them throughout the season. Good people and always a good time.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    I never tried to count them all, but I've met a bunch. Many no longer participate here, which is sad.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    I never tried to count them all, but I've met a bunch. Many no longer participate here, which is sad.
    well, what have you done with them?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Lee Lau is the only I can think of.. many times in whistler backcountry. I've had a few people ask me if I was the guy on tgr writing some of the TR's.. forget who they were though. Hoping to meet a bunch of the interior BC/alberta people in a few months as I spend my winter up on rogers pass doing avalanche research

I have also had universally good experiences with mags and my current ski posse is built around people I met through FatTwins lodge. I have yet to make the Mammoth Mini, which, for some unexplainable reason, has been one of my ski "goals" for many years...
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Bein in UT for the first PM summit and then a few years after it, a lot of people from powmag and here made it through, or moved to UT then. Also a lot of people I knew from Aspen and then UT (radam, SFB, etc) became mags long after I met them. Now living in NYC the last few years has afforded me an opportunity to meet even more. Traveling I met quite a few as well, usually through the recos or references of others I knew.
    I have turned with more than I can count, drank with more than I should admit, and laughed so hard with many the 2 drops became literal.

I have hooked up and been hooked up by many, been threatened by a few, and have no need to ever see or speak to some again,
    its kinda like any group, just a bit more like minded.

Some I have met here have become good friends and I am thankful for that, & hope it happens for many more. It just seems sheer volume and the changing nature of social media will never allow this place to be what it once was as to meeting good people in the flesh. Not saying it can't happen, just less likely.
    But as Principal Skinner would say....

"Prove me wrong kids, PROVE ME WRONG!"

A guy asked me for change for a nickle once.

But he really just wanted 5 pennies.

What an asshole.

I met Jayfrizzo when he came down to El Salvador to surf. Great guy.