Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: i'm really trying to start yoga...but...

Just got back from yoga myself. Really feeling it - way too much anjaneyasana and utkatasana. Oy vey!

Mrs. Peel in yoga pants. Steed would approve

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Speaking of Yoga..... Ugh. I actually know someone who had this done.

Women are getting labiaplasty to look good in their yoga pants

Before Veronica R. went under the knife for a labiaplasty procedure, the 28-year-old Manhattanite joked around with plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Swift about the anticipated results.

“Make me look like Barbie!” she told him, with a laugh.

The striking model, who asked for her last name not to be used for professional reasons, underwent the surgery in September, because she was self-conscious about the size of the labia minora (inner lips) of her vagina.

She is among a growing number of women signing up for labiaplasty to reduce the size and “enhance the appearance” of their private parts, especially when they’re wearing tight-fitting clothes such as workout gear.

According to the American Society for Aesthetic Surgery (ASAPS,) there has been a significant increase in the number of these tissue removal and restructuring procedures — an astonishing 48 percent rise in 2014 from 2013.

“More women are pursuing labiaplasty to correct labia-related issues that are interfering with their ability to perform sexually, to perform daily tasks such as exercise, or are merely causing discomfort,” says Dr. Michael Edwards of ASAPS.

On New York’s Upper East Side, Swift reports that a large number of his clients are motivated by wanting to look sleeker in so-called “athleisure wear,” made from Lycra-like fabrics which often compress the area.

They are keen to avoid so-called “camel toe” or internal “twisting” when they’re working out at top exercise venues such as SoulCycle, Barry’s Bootcamp and the Fhitting Room.

“The ubiquitous yoga pants that everyone is wearing are playing a big part in this trend,” says Swift, who performs between three and five labiaplasties per week at the cost of between $5,500 to $7,500 each.

“For those whose labia are enlarged, they can make them feel uncomfortable and exposed,” adds Swift. “One of my patients was particularly self-conscious doing Pilates in a leotard — so much so that she was afraid to do certain moves.”

Another factor is women’s growing desire to groom the more intimate areas of their body.

“If they are getting a Brazilian wax or laser hair removal, they can feel self-conscious about the look or size of their [labias],”says Swift.

As for Veronica, she now feels more relaxed when she wears tight workout gear. “I often used to get caught up inside myself and it hurt,” she explains. “But I never like wearing exercise outfits [that] are too loose.”

She says her boyfriend approves of her new look, which was achieved during an hour-long operation under local anesthetic and required around three days of convalescence.

“I did this for myself, not anyone else,” insists Veronica, who hit the gym again around three weeks after the procedure. “I’m about the happiest you can be.”

Meanwhile, 40-year-old Maria T., another of Swift’s labiaplasty patients, who also asked for anonymity, claims that self-consciousness about her pelvic region used to impact what she wore — especially for exercise.

Now, eight years since she had the op, she’s happy to wear trendy Lululemon pants to her yoga class.

“I am very happy with the result,” says the Manhattan-dwelling mother of two. “When it comes to that part of my body, it’s a definite case of ‘less is more.’ ”

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Speaking of Yoga..... Ugh. I actually know someone who had this done.

Women are getting labiaplasty to look good in their yoga pants

Before Veronica R. went under the knife for a labiaplasty procedure, the 28-year-old Manhattanite joked around with plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Swift about the anticipated results.

“Make me look like Barbie!” she told him, with a laugh.

The striking model, who asked for her last name not to be used for professional reasons, underwent the surgery in September, because she was self-conscious about the size of the labia minora (inner lips) of her vagina.

She is among a growing number of women signing up for labiaplasty to reduce the size and “enhance the appearance” of their private parts, especially when they’re wearing tight-fitting clothes such as workout gear.

According to the American Society for Aesthetic Surgery (ASAPS,) there has been a significant increase in the number of these tissue removal and restructuring procedures — an astonishing 48 percent rise in 2014 from 2013.

“More women are pursuing labiaplasty to correct labia-related issues that are interfering with their ability to perform sexually, to perform daily tasks such as exercise, or are merely causing discomfort,” says Dr. Michael Edwards of ASAPS.

On New York’s Upper East Side, Swift reports that a large number of his clients are motivated by wanting to look sleeker in so-called “athleisure wear,” made from Lycra-like fabrics which often compress the area.

They are keen to avoid so-called “camel toe” or internal “twisting” when they’re working out at top exercise venues such as SoulCycle, Barry’s Bootcamp and the Fhitting Room.

“The ubiquitous yoga pants that everyone is wearing are playing a big part in this trend,” says Swift, who performs between three and five labiaplasties per week at the cost of between $5,500 to $7,500 each.

“For those whose labia are enlarged, they can make them feel uncomfortable and exposed,” adds Swift. “One of my patients was particularly self-conscious doing Pilates in a leotard — so much so that she was afraid to do certain moves.”

Another factor is women’s growing desire to groom the more intimate areas of their body.

“If they are getting a Brazilian wax or laser hair removal, they can feel self-conscious about the look or size of their [labias],”says Swift.

As for Veronica, she now feels more relaxed when she wears tight workout gear. “I often used to get caught up inside myself and it hurt,” she explains. “But I never like wearing exercise outfits [that] are too loose.”

She says her boyfriend approves of her new look, which was achieved during an hour-long operation under local anesthetic and required around three days of convalescence.

“I did this for myself, not anyone else,” insists Veronica, who hit the gym again around three weeks after the procedure. “I’m about the happiest you can be.”

Meanwhile, 40-year-old Maria T., another of Swift’s labiaplasty patients, who also asked for anonymity, claims that self-consciousness about her pelvic region used to impact what she wore — especially for exercise.

Now, eight years since she had the op, she’s happy to wear trendy Lululemon pants to her yoga class.

“I am very happy with the result,” says the Manhattan-dwelling mother of two. “When it comes to that part of my body, it’s a definite case of ‘less is more.’ ”
    That's a shame. Does it really hurt to wear yoga pants if you're a bit meaty?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    That's a shame. Does it really hurt to wear yoga pants if you're a bit meaty?
    PM Rontele

[QUOTE=irul&ublo;4592531]PM Rontele

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447295889.356972.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	171708

My gf is a certified yoga instructor (as of yesterday) and we have been toying with the idea of having a Bro-ga class in the Marina for bros that want to learn to look good and seem sensitive to women through yoga. Like, poser yoga. But she expects many will see the light and get into it. Following each session is brunch and brews. Thoughts? Interest? Cheap classes on Marina Greens.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by jcolingham View Post
    My gf is a certified yoga instructor (as of yesterday) and we have been toying with the idea of having a Bro-ga class in the Marina for bros that want to learn to look good and seem sensitive to women through yoga. Like, poser yoga. But she expects many will see the light and get into it. Following each session is brunch and brews. Thoughts? Interest? Cheap classes on Marina Greens.
    if she's hot, the class will be filled, but not necessarily with converts to yoga
    or if she's paying for brunch/brews

seriously, it will probably attract only those guys that might see/want the benefit anyway, not necessarily the ones needing conversion...and likely the brunch/brews won't be the hook

You may wana check cuz Bro-ga may be trademarked, i know yoga for stiff guys is trademarked so you will get a letter requesting you cease and desist using the name

Mens classes are filling the practise room so is hot yoga

http://www.naturesformulary.com/contents/dosha-test

And BTW if you don't like your instructor maybe you need to determine your Ayurvedic Dosha
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I heart camel toe. If you don't want to expose certain features of your anatomy, don't wear tight fitting clothes. You're welcome.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Just a heads up, you might get yelled at for cultural opression and genocide.....
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ural-genocide/
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Any one have some good YouTube channels for Yoga at home? Preferably some easy to follow shit for beginners and ideally led by a super hot chick.

Yoga with Adrienne is the go to, DoYogaWithMe is also a great channel.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Holy necro bump

Hot butt yoga

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Any one have some good YouTube channels for Yoga at home? Preferably some easy to follow shit for beginners and ideally led by a super hot chick.
    Breathe & Flow
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

+1 for yoga with adriene. Its been all my friends (and myself) yoga entry. She's got some good stuff on hips and lower back.

for what its worth I found youtube yoga boring and yoga classes enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    +1 for yoga with adriene. Its been all my friends (and myself) yoga entry. She's got some good stuff on hips and lower back.

for what its worth I found youtube yoga boring and yoga classes enjoyable
    I've been doing Zoom yoga classes with 8 Limbs Yoga out of Seattle since the pandemic started. I really enjoy it. Rebekah who does the 7am on Tuesday & Thursday is wonderful.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Classes > Youtube.

Also the temptation with youtube is to go too short. There's a reason most yoga classes are a full hour--you're just not gonna get much out of 12 minutes...those videos are better described as "stretching" than "yoga"

I like the OG P90X yoga--pretty solid practice for its time and considering the instructor is Tony Horton:
    https://vimeo.com/504401584

Also check facebook and stuff--a lot of instructors/gyms/studios put stuff there during COVID that's still available. Way lower production value than Yoga with Adriene, but there are some really good teachers out there who wouldn't normally have done anything but paid in-person classes.
    I found the profile of a woman who used to come to my office and do a lunchtime class once a week--she's been doing Facebook Live classes from her living room in exchange for voluntary donations ever since COVID started (and keeps the videos up for viewing later).

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've been doing Zoom yoga classes with 8 Limbs Yoga out of Seattle since the pandemic started. I really enjoy it. Rebekah who does the 7am on Tuesday & Thursday is wonderful.
    Glad to hear that. 8 limbs was a go-to when I lived there

I have a subscription to Glo. Name is stupid. Cheaper than a studio but not really cheap. My wife also uses it so it’s a good value for us. You can sort by duration, class type (Pilates, hiit, yoga, meditation, etc.) It’s been great for my mental and physical well-being. There are a few instructors that I like and tend to stick with.

Here’s my referral link if you’re into that sort of thing. https://web.glo.com/r/vyvjmdbpqq
    It looks like they’re also having a Black Friday promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Glad to hear that. 8 limbs was a go-to when I lived there
    Well now you can have 8 Limbs in the privacy of your own home no matter where you live! I really love just rolling out of bed and doing yoga without having to get in the car and drive to town. Esp. nice after too.

8 Limbs Yoga

This guy is good too - he used to teach at 8 Limbs and occassionally subs livestream classes for them. His page is a little over the top IMO but he's good and not as weird as that pic looks. When I've seen him do classes he just wore sweat pants and a tee shirt. Click on "Focus & Balance" to get his livestream classes.

Douglas Ridings

Damn, cant find Yodas password....