Prudential Financial - A good place to work?

About to apply for a position with Prudential Financial here in the UK working on their pan-European real estate investment funds.

I know nothing of Prudential Financial (or Pramerica as they are over here) so if anyone can give a pointer as to whether they are good, bad or ugly I'd be most grateful.
    Not around much these days.

I had them as a client back in the day. Seemed like a pretty civilized place to work. Everyone I knew still seems to be there so that is a good sign
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

I once recruited someone who had previously worked for them and he got dewy-eyed when he compared it to the place I recruited him to. He wasn't in your area (his job was a senior operational one covering all departments) - but if the general culture is as he suggested then it's probably a pretty decent place to work.

That's good to know. Thank you both.

All I need now is for the HR department to field calls now and again and everything's rosy.
    Not around much these days.

A friend's husband works for Prudential Real Estate Investors and has done very well. 4 kids, 2 homes and MANY nice vacations. Another friend went back to Prudential (HQ) after 8 years away. Economy got bad, husband is in construction. They bridged her time away and when she decided the commute was too much and wanted to resign, they provided her with a full WFH option which was not standard for her department.
    Ive heard of layoffs recently in their MarComm area, but that is typical for this economy. Otherwise it isnt one of the big ones here laying off.
    Who knows, do well and you may get lucky and have the opportunity to visit HQ in Newark. <<Which is an experience in itself.
    ---
    Who motivates the motivator?