Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What your dog will and will not eat

Will:

Uncooked broccoli
    Any meat or Cheese
    Lettuce
    The inside of a dead animal's ass
    Jalapenos (but believes they are attacking her so she barks)
    Spiders

Won't:

Cooked broccoli
    Olives
    Mushrooms

Commonlaw your dawg is adorable
    My tenants have a dog and I'll tell ya...I saw her eat her own shit. Which is why her saliva is not allowed to come into contact with my person. Ever. That's an issue w/ me...dogs who eat poop and want to lick your hand, foot...ICK.

Sprite

PS, I know someone who won't feed her dog enough because she thinks it's cool to keep the dog "super slim." I think it sux to impose your freaking eating disorder on a poor dog. Pisses me off!
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

The won't list is far shorter than the will list

Won't:
    Olives
    Pickles
    Hot Tamales
    Shit

Will:
    Everything else
    Last edited by Missing Sock; 07-13-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Will:

Her own shit
    Other dog's shit
    Cat shit
    Chicken shit
    Random wildlife shit
    When my sewage ejector broke while my friends were here for a weekend, forcing them to shit in the woods the next morning, she ate that too
    Unidentified rotting critter corpses
    Cow shit
    Horse shit

Won't:

Her allergy pills. I can cover her pill in peanut butter and bury it in her food dish; ten minutes later, there's a gleaming, clean bowl with a spotless white pill sitting in the bottom. Amazing tongue dexterity.

Huh, I wonder what it is about olives. I dropped one on the floor tonight when making some homemade pizza and she spit it out, which prompted this thread. She was using her ass as a buffet just moments before. Go figure.

And thanks Sprite. We love her to death.

Will: shit

Won't: vegetables unless covered in cheese/bacon grease/butter

Anybody's dog like to lick the bottom of the Weber while grilling? Full-on red coals, hot as hell, she'll singe the hair on top of her head just to lick the drippings in the ash tray. She even grabs burning logs out of the fire pit if there's a hint of meat grease on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Will:

Her own shit
    Other dog's shit
    Cat shit
    Chicken shit
    Random wildlife shit
    When my sewage ejector broke while my friends were here for a weekend, forcing them to shit in the woods the next morning, she ate that too
    Unidentified rotting critter corpses
    Cow shit
    Horse shit

Won't:

Her allergy pills. I can cover her pill in peanut butter and bury it in her food dish; ten minutes later, there's a gleaming, clean bowl with a spotless white pill sitting in the bottom. Amazing tongue dexterity.
    Duh, wrap the pills in shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Duh, wrap the pills in shit.
    That there is an example of lateral thinking and high IQ.
    Kudos Dumpy.
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Commonlaw is that a Catahoula? We have one and she likes to eat just about anything minus kale. Loves bacon too.

My dog will eat everything..except shit. He'll roll in it, but won't eat it. He has never turned anything down, raw or cooked.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by azexp View Post
    Commonlaw is that a Catahoula? We have one and she likes to eat just about anything minus kale. Loves bacon too.
    Yes sir (maam?), or at least we think so. When we adopted her, we were told she was a lab/aussie mix, which would make some sense, but we are pretty sure she is a catahoula. I think there was a bit of an influx in the more northern states after Katrina.

Is yours absolutely enamored of squirrels? I mean totally ape-shit over them?

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    My dog will eat everything..except shit. He'll roll in it, but won't eat it. He has never turned anything down, raw or cooked.
    Ginger is our champion eater, a 12 YO lab/golden mix. Never seen her eat shit though. She is HIGHLY efficient at shucking corn, holds it down with a paw and tears the husks off in seconds, then eats the corn cob and all. The rest of them don't quite get it. Another particular favorite of hers is red bell peppers, loves 'em. Carrots are big too. But really it doesn't matter much, she was born to eat and be patted.

Will:

Everything but shit and lettuce. Most especially, high end cuts of any meat, really expensive varietals of cheese, and snow getting rammed down her throat from hauling ass.

Won't:

Shit and lettuce.

Makers that's my dream dog right there. Good dog!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Will: Pretty much anything. Shit included. Medicine? no problem. Broccoli? one of his favorite treats.

Won't: Lettuce, unless it's the crispy bits towards the heart, or has salad dressing on it, in which case he'll beg for it. For a little while he wouldn't eat raisins after he downed ~1.5 lbs of them (one of those big tubs of them). He had raisin farts for like a week and seemed generally uncomfortable. He's forgotten about that now, so they're back on the "will" list.

^^that freaking cracked me up! lol!

Sprite

My pup will most things including lettuce and mushrooms, raw onions, etc, but not avacados and not peppers serano strength or hotter. Will eat jalepenos. Not fond of cinamon, but will eat anything tasty that has cinamon on it, albeit slowly and sneezily. Loves beer, I havent tried giving him hard alchohol.

Once at a certain party someone who was handed some certain kind of mushrooms did not feel ok saying they didnt want to eat them so instead threw them in the flowerbed when there were several dogs roaming around. My dog found them and promptly ate them. He's a blue heeler german shepard mix. He was 14ish when it happened or else I think he would have gone even more beserk. He really didnt act THAT crazy till he went to sleep and started dreaming. It really didn't seem to bother him that much, but I was still less than impressed with the guy that threw them on the ground for dogs to eat.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    My pup will most things including lettuce and mushrooms, raw onions, etc, but not avacados and not peppers serano strength or hotter. Will eat jalepenos. Not fond of cinamon, but will eat anything tasty that has cinamon on it, albeit slowly and sneezily. Loves beer, I havent tried giving him hard alchohol.

Once at a certain party someone who was handed some certain kind of mushrooms did not feel ok saying they didnt want to eat them so instead threw them in the flowerbed when there were several dogs roaming around. My dog found them and promptly ate them. He's a blue heeler german shepard mix. He was 14ish when it happened or else I think he would have gone even more beserk. He really didnt act THAT crazy till he went to sleep and started dreaming. It really didn't seem to bother him that much, but I was still less than impressed with the guy that threw them on the ground for dogs to eat.
    20 years ago, my sister and her new husband had shrooms drying on the kitchen counter. Their husky got hold of them and ate them all, easily 20 human doses. Nobody came home until that evening; she was well into her trip, too late to make her puke, so they just monitored her to make sure she wasn't poisoned. She seemed fine until the sun went down; then she ran laps around the living room for hours. No barking, no interaction with people, no acknowledgement of the outside world - just running in circles for hours. She slept for days after that. Seemed fine a week later.

My old dog, Wiggles, would eat anything except mushrooms. She would pick them off anything I gave her.

Her absolute favorite thing was pistachios. She would drool all over just smelling them. I'd throw her a handful and she'd shell them herself. She went bat shit over them. And she really liked anything pepperminty.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Molly loves dining on cat shit dejour. I swear I would never have to change the litter box if I just let her have her way with it. She chomps that shit down like a meth head on a week long bender. But I can't get her to eat an orange or clementine. Our old Golden Retriever would maul you for one. Molly just grabs a wedge holds onto it for a few seconds then spits it out on the carpet. Most picky dog i've ever seen in my life. She hates just about everything that's not made out of meat, but the one thing she will kill for is spaghetti. I remember I left my plate out and she jumped up grabbed a huge mouthful then proceeded to throw it on the floor. She just looked up at me with "Now its dirty and your not going to finish that thanks!".

Little shithead.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    20 years ago, my sister and her new husband had shrooms drying on the kitchen counter. Their husky got hold of them and ate them all, easily 20 human doses. Nobody came home until that evening; she was well into her trip, too late to make her puke, so they just monitored her to make sure she wasn't poisoned. She seemed fine until the sun went down; then she ran laps around the living room for hours. No barking, no interaction with people, no acknowledgement of the outside world - just running in circles for hours. She slept for days after that. Seemed fine a week later.
    I had a cat that stole 3 hits of acid from me. Like 14 years ago, the cat still lives at my mom's in seattle but was never the same. Still pretty cool for a cat occasionally she would just sit and stare at the wall don't spend a lot of time around anymore but still a trippy cat.

Back on topic my dog will eat almost anything shit included source unimportant, he won't eat jalapenos anymore though, getting old. Any kind of dead fish any part is his favorite, the stinkier the better.

Got a yellow lab. So far I haven't found anything he won't eat. Fortunately, he doesn't eat his own shit, but he will happily chow down on the rabbit and deer shit in the yard.

I make really hot hot wings, and was eating a batch at the couch. The pooch doesn't usually beg, but he was up my ass for one of those wings. I figured I'd teach him a lesson and found him a really saucy one. He scarfed it, licked his chops for a few minutes then came back for more. Lesson not learned.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Will eat:
    sharpie pens
    bottle caps
    rocks
    deer shit
    moldy grass chunks scraped from the bottom of the lawn mower

will not eat:
    icecubes

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post

Won't: vegetables unless covered in cheese/bacon grease/butter
    I thought that was the only way to eat veggies.

My dogs love, love, I mean absolutely crazy LOVE, dairy products - milk, chese, ice cream, and the top favorite = yogurt.
    They won't eat lettuce or carrots that drop on the floor. (good for nothing dogs)