Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I know this is about dogs, but I just can't get over the fact that my cats won't eat perfectly good bacon, turkey, ham, etc dropped on the floor. The only "human" food they will touch is tuna fish out of a can.

Must be nice to lay around sleeping all day, groom yourself, pose around the house, and have somebody feed and clean up after you...even your poop/pee/throwup...and still tell you how freaking wonderful you are and pet you all the time.

Maybe in my next life!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

we have 5 dogs that each have their own dietary agenda.
    chocolate lab eats anything, i mean anything she can put in her mouth. iris
    2 pointers that would rather run than eat. coco and opal
    a dingo that is nervous and only eats his dry food laying down. rio
    2 chi chi's that eat all the small stuff off the floor and the kids snacks. rainier and binger

bobby

Bobby, all I can think of is "the dingo ate my baby!"
    :-O
    Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Will:
    Dog shit
    Deer shit
    Grass
    Wood - au naturale or painted and in the house
    Rabbit based dog food
    Pills (covered in PB/wet food)
    Anything not cleaned off the kitchen floor within two seconds of it falling
    The insides of any stuffed animal (have a funny xray to show for that, if i could get a copy from the vet)
    Moths and fireflies (attempted)

Won't:
    Anything we absolutely need him to.

sprite, I grew up with a cat that was insane for ham and turkey. You couldn't get the fridge drawer open half way before he was trying to climb the shelves of the fridge and meowing like he was injured.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Will: Pretty much anything. Shit included. Medicine? no problem. Broccoli? one of his favorite treats.

Won't: Lettuce, unless it's the crispy bits towards the heart, or has salad dressing on it, in which case he'll beg for it. For a little while he wouldn't eat raisins after he downed ~1.5 lbs of them (one of those big tubs of them). He had raisin farts for like a week and seemed generally uncomfortable. He's forgotten about that now, so they're back on the "will" list.
    Raisins and grapes can be toxic to dogs, put them on the not list
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    my mooch a pooch will eat about anything cept he don't do pretzles for some odd reason
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Raisins and grapes can be toxic to dogs, put them on the not list
    Yup, aware of that (although luckily my dog isn't bothered by them). A friend's dog got pretty sick from picking grapes off of the vines in thier backyard. We don't feed ours grapes or raisins, but he still occasionally manages to find some unguarded.

Will:
    Mango
    Any type of meat or cheese - especially smoked gouda.
    Loves the olives!
    Avocado

Won't:
    Flea meds. I gotta ram that pill down their throat. Thank you Comfortis makers.
    The rest of the list includes things that are considered poisonous to dogs such as raisins, grapes, chocolate, garlic, onions and caffeine.
    Take it easy ... if it's easy take it twice.

Will: anything

Won't: haven't found it yet, if it exists.

Weird stuff that really set's him drooling: potato chips and Cheetos (I think he just really likes crunching them?), pineapple, pistachios, cheese of any description, avocado, beer, scrambled egg - I worry about him becoming dehydrated when I eat scrambled eggs, have never seen a dog drool that much before.

Pills, he actually sits, tilts his head up and slightly opens his mouth, lets me open his moutfurther and then place tab on his tongue, then swallows. Gets to the point that when he's finished a course of meds we have to pretend to give him one before he'll even eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I love giving my dog a random vegetable and seeing the total lack of interest on her face She will eat grapes, watermelon, green beans, cooked asparagus.

Oh, she also like to eat eggs, shell and all. Sounds like she's eating potato chips.
    Last edited by sidewall; 07-13-2011 at 10:41 AM.

My boxer is extremely finicky, which is good (no corpophagia) and bad (doesn't really eat the stuff that my children routinely spill on the floor).

Will Eat:
    -his dog food
    -peanut butter with a pill inside if I manually open his mouth and plaster it to the roof of his mouth
    -greenies
    -snausages
    -poultry
    -some but not all forms of red meat
    -most but not all cheese
    -hot dogs

Won't eat most anything else not listed above, including:
    -bacon (he sniffs it and leaves it; it's crazy)
    -any form of vegetable or fruit
    -milkbones

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Will:

Her own shit
    Other dog's shit
    Cat shit
    Chicken shit
    Random wildlife shit
    When my sewage ejector broke while my friends were here for a weekend, forcing them to shit in the woods the next morning, she ate that too
    Unidentified rotting critter corpses
    Cow shit
    Horse shit

Won't:

Her allergy pills. I can cover her pill in peanut butter and bury it in her food dish; ten minutes later, there's a gleaming, clean bowl with a spotless white pill sitting in the bottom. Amazing tongue dexterity.
    I literally laughed out loud reading this.

Golden eats anything. A frined once left a 1 lb back of high end pancake dry mix on the counter. he ate the entire thing then drank some water. Needless to say he was toast. I was watching him take dump through the window and he farted so loud, he looked back at his ass, and jumped. This kept on happening. He was scared of his ass. Pretty funny.
    Yellow lab (is a rescue) eats anythiing and everthing. This am, i was making lunch, i turn my back and there he on his tippy toenails scarfing the turkey off the counter. WTF.

Occy will eat the tops of strawberries. I don't know why, but he loves them.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Jack will eat most things but occasionally he surprises me. The other day he took a strawberry from me, bit into it then dropped it on the floor and walked away. Odd because he's eaten them before. Unfortunately, he's also a shit eater but not his own and he's kinda picky about it. It has to be fresh and only from certain sources. He'll roll in bird shit. The bigger the bird, the better (geese and woodpeckers seem to be his favorite).

Pills are no problem, I just put them in his food bowl with his kibble and they get scarfed up along with everything else. He doesn't chew, just inhales so he doesn't taste them.

He once got an unopened jumbo sized box of cocoa-puffs off the counter while I was at work. The whole chocolate poisoning thing scared me so I did some research and discovered that he'd have to eat about 15-20 boxes of that stuff before it reached toxic levels. It was pretty funny, rubbing his belly was like rubbing the plastic bag inside the box, only with fur on it. You could feel the individual little balls and they were still dry and crunchy. He drank a lot of water after that and spent a fair amount of time in the yard.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

DO NOT feed your dog grapes! or raisins for that matter. They contribute towards acute kidney failure!!!!!

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp
    Last edited by fish; 07-13-2011 at 12:13 PM.

^^thank you. No cooked bones either, they can splinter.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    DO NOT feed your dog grapes! or raisins for that matter. They contribute towards acute kidney failure!!!!!

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp
    OKAY THANKS I THINK SHE ATE 5 ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO!!!!!

i wasnt just saying it to you sidewall, i want everyone to know that... hence the big ass font

my uncle owns a winery and has lost like 5 dogs to eating grapes from the vines

The fat lab will eat almost anything, except tomatoes and cucumbers. It shows.

The new boxer pup snubs her nose at anything but dry pet food and meat. But, she does enjoy raiding the cats' food dish.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

A friend recently got a Jack Russell; the little bastard ate her underwear. Had to take him to the vet; he'd plugged his plumbing with her panties. Sick little fucker.

no problem fish

[QUOTE=He once got an unopened jumbo sized box of cocoa-puffs off the counter while I was at work. The whole chocolate poisoning thing scared me so I did some research and discovered that he'd have to eat about 15-20 boxes of that stuff before it reached toxic levels. It was pretty funny, rubbing his belly was like rubbing the plastic bag inside the box, only with fur on it. You could feel the individual little balls and they were still dry and crunchy. He drank a lot of water after that and spent a fair amount of time in the yard.[/QUOTE]

My lab opened a package that was going to Icleland with 2 lbs of chocolate MM's in it. Both golden and lab ate them. I had no idea because the hid the rapper out back. I wake up at 2 in the am to the golden throughing up choclate everywhere.
    Rushed both dogs to the vet, induced vommiting. The lab was fine, golden's heart rate was over 200. They kept him overnight, it almost killed him. Luckly they both survived.
    Lab also ate some chocolate mushrooms, rushed to emergency room and induced vommiting. the funny thing about this, a year later the nurse from the clinic recgnizes me and after some conversation asks me if i could get her some chocolate mushrooms.

I had a college roommate whose dog ate my other roommates mushrooms and acid in the same day. They got her to puke it up, but she was a little off after that.

Mine will eat all of the above except hot peppers, anything citris and onions. So I try to keep the window pane and Psilocybin out of reach.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair