New Specialized 2012 FSR Evo Models (Carbon included)

From Vitalmtb (the little promo vid is pretty cool) and Pinkbike (also with a cool video):

New carbon version the Stumpjumper FSR EVO (under 25 lbs!):

Also, a cheaper version ($2700) of the current FSR EVO: The FSR EVO Comp. This one is intriguing. According to Vitalmtb, it weighs less than the current FSR EVO (expert) but appears to have all the features and presumably geometry of the more expensive bike. Not sure what's going on there. But this is very tempting.

There's also an FSR EVO 29er, if you like that sort of thing.

Incidentally, does anyone know whether mounting the FSR Evo with a 160mm fork voids the warranty? Just curious.
    Last edited by AKbruin; 07-12-2011 at 11:17 AM.

I rode the comp evo and the 29er evo on Wednesday. I was not impressed with the 29er but that's because I was hungover and being a whiny little bitch, the bike rode pretty well really I just don't think a guy 5'6" should be riding a bike that big. The cockpit size felt fine and the suspension bits worked as well as they are supposed to but I just don't like riding 29ers. The comp evo on the other hand was a blast to ride. For less than $3k it's a screamin' nice bike. As with most new bikes the OE tires are ok but I like fatter.

Why would changing the fork void the warranty? I'll ask on Monday but I bet you'd be fine.

I read stuff on mtbr forums from a guy claiming to be a spec. employee saying that putting a larger fork on an enduro will void the warranty. He couldn't produce anything in writing from their warranty documents saying that, but said if you were to call up spec and ask the same question, that would be the response.

then the answer is if you need to warranty a broken headtube, don't show it with a longer fork.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com