Time to leave the east

I graduated from UCONN last year and spent my winter working at a ski shop in Ct New Canaan and skied most of my days in Vermont. I got lucky with one of the snowiest Vt winters of all time. Though in the end I needed more. Working at a ski shop in Ct was lame but i paid for a ski season my self, first time ever.

From that experience I realized I was wasting my time and youth on the east and have been trying to figure out how to get my self to a real mountain some where in either California or Jackson Hole. It is my time to get out there and see what I have been missing, but without some income it would't work out well.

Any employers looking for a skier with an economics degree, a former member of the UConn ski team, and extensive business experience with ski shop work and construction I am your man.

I can tune very well (race tunes and snowboards) and my sales skills are pretty good. I can get recommendations for my sales work. Working at New Canaan Ski and Sport taught me how to communicate and sell to some serious spenders given the demographics of the area.

I am ready to get into the industry and make a difference.

Go West, young man!
    Smartest move you will ever make in this lifetime.
    ---
    Who motivates the motivator?

I know of very few who are going to hire you in the ski industry long distance.

At least in Jackson Hole, dont know about California, but there are plenty of cats out here, that already live here, looking for the same thing.

Moral of the story is, just sac up and move out. I did 5 years ago and havent looked back.

Econ major born and raised in NH, pretty much the same boat as you.
    Live Free or Die

Vail Corporation holds open sessions out on the east coast. Your best bet is to save some money that'll last you 2 months and just make the move. You'll find work in the 'industry' in what ever town you move to.
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel