Paging Techs: Help ID Binding Holes

I recently acquired two pairs of skis that have been drilled once and was hoping someone can help me ID the binding models based on the hole configurations. Both sets of skis are at least three or four years and the prior owner indicated he thought they were Sollys. I only have solly demos, so I can't compare.

Set One: AK Launchers

Toe: 43mm apart on the front two, 40mm apart on the back two, 31mm between the two sets of holes.
    Heel: 28mm on the front set, 43mm back, 90mm between them. 257mm between the closest toe and heel holes, any idea of boot sole length?

Set Two: Skis K2 Merlin VI GS

Toe: 34mm on both front and rear sets of holes. 63 mm between the front and rear.
    Heel: Five holes. Two in front are 35mm apart, 32mm in rear. Fifth hole centered horizontally 34mm in front of rear set. 135mm between front and rear holes. 222mm between the closest toe and heel holes, boot sole length?
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

Can you throw up a piccy?

Unfortunately, I (and it may just be me ) can't visualise those measurements too well, but from a pic, I may be able to tell you the binding...
    Riding bikes, but not shredding pow...

Set 1 is a pair of Solly S900's

edit: approx. 275mm between the closest rear and front holes = 315mm boot sole
    Last edited by Keoni; 12-29-2004 at 03:53 PM.

Why do you care? The only reason is that you want to use the old holes, and thats not always a good idea.

Keoni, thanks for the info, I'll try to load pics to help with the other set.

Blurred, not sure if I'll keep em or sell em and everyone else seems to post info on used skis with prior mounting info, so I wanted to know.

Anyhow, my sole is 317 so looks like I could remount in the same holes with a set of 900s. Should they be heli-coiled if I do? The holes look clean and there is some metal in there to grab, so is it really necessary?

Edit: Forgot to mention, the Launchers are brand new if that matters on re-using original holes.
    Last edited by Shin-to-Win; 12-29-2004 at 05:24 PM.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

If you already have some 900's, set the toe piece over the holes that are already drilled. Put your boot toe in and check to see where the boot center lines up on the ski.

If the holes are clean and look fresh(for lack of a better word), just use some poly glue on the threads. You can always pack a little steel wool in the holes to make it a little more snug if they seem a little large. Kinda hard to say w/o looking though.