Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I Hate Powder...How Bout You?

Born and raised in Utah it gets old when this season there was maybe 70 days of untracked,Over the head,In your Face Fluffy Stuff...I was done with this 20 years ago!Typical Powder day starts off with,Parking lot full(Great we park on the street,that's fun?)Did anyone groom last night?(I can't find my run,That's Fun?)What happened to my Bumps?(Getting pow out of my line takes long time,That's fun?)Its 10:00 am and the powder bumps are starting to form?Ok that can be Fun?Maybe not...Its 13:00 on a Pow day,Mom Are we going to have Fun today?This is not Fun!I lost a New Ski this year on a Pow day,Great this is fun skiing One Ski on a pow day,Not Fun!(Hiked up and found her on June 15th)Mom,If its a pow day tomorrow I'm staying home.(Sun/Fun days are the best!)

Maybe you need a season pass at Deer Valley.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

too much powder is like too much sex.

what are you complaining about?

get some powder leashes or move to NJ...none of that over your head shit there.

Although powder skiing is the reason that I moved to Utah six years ago, I think you guys would understand if you saw skihost rip a zipper line or two. Can't wait to see you tomorrow buddy.

Sounds like you are doing it wrong.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I hate powder skiing. I love park and groomers.

Get some adult sized skis, possibly even maybe something fatter than what was being used two decades ago, try skiing without gluing your feet together, and ski faster.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

best thread ever.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

OP +1

Powderhounds are the prostrate naked slaves of Ullr, awaiting his whim.

okay, so if were talking hard-pack I still am the best fucking skier on the mountain. And not to shamelessly self-promote (who wants to be a pro anyways), but if you hate riding snow like this you just don't understand what skiing and boarding are about at all (or are one serious fucking troll).

And if you truly think you like to ride, but just not powder, The Ice Coast Awaits/ The rest of us could use one less car in our parking lots on those rare days Mother Nature blesses those lucky enough to appreciate what we've been given.

Quote Originally Posted by whippersnapper View Post
    Powderhounds are the prostrate naked slaves of Ullr, awaiting his whim.
    ^^^ nice, count me in!

let the bachanallia bring a bountiful harvest to all who fornicate!
    Last edited by pfluffenmeister; 07-03-2011 at 10:27 PM. Reason: brevity
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

"Single White Male Skier Seeks Powder" kind of redundant,

why not just say "skier"

no offense to lady-shredders, you know how few and far between you are, why we love you.

i suppose i could see it being offensive on several angles, but redundant?

anyway, whippersnappers comment if too funny, and that old sig is obviously played out.

and i totally agree, we need more lady shredders.

edit: upon further contemplation, i guess most skiers are male, and white, not sure on single as i am really only interested in the lady shredders.

grifski - nice edit, sorry to hear about your injury, and yes it seems as that Ye does like his backflips.
    Last edited by pfluffenmeister; 07-08-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

paging Alpinezone

Thanks Pfluff! I feel for the OP, enduring month upon month in the cursed medium. This season I had a full 10 ski hours on nary a flake, but to score a subdural hematoma on thinly watered ice in Indiana. I want a written contest for ideal snow. Perchance... varsity cuts of blue razor crystal sleeping on just breakable caramel, perched on a foundation of vichyssoise.

no lines in the backcountry,on a pow day..and you can get lost,too ! ....just paraphrasing.....goodwillto all skiers;death to people who run red lights
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

What skihost sez, Months of powder skiing is equivalent to one too many in the harem.

Just sayin'.

Johnny's only sin was dispair

i had no idea that there were skiers in utah that were originally from utah. who knew? refreshing to say the least

rog

Uh if your have trouble parking at Solitude your an idiot, go to brighton bye bye. Bettter ye go to mammoth, everybody else does
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Uh if your have trouble parking at Solitude your an idiot...
    Yep. Pretty much.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

MOM! wait wrong thread..................

I ride the Bus...Got my season pass @The NERD Already and will be riding Mary Ellen this weekend...Anyone Else? Quote from Mammoth where I spent 2 Months last Spring,Yes there was pow and it Sucked! "locals,bridgette,sheila,sally joanne,jessica,micah,vikki,lisa,elsa,vanessa,the baldy's,and the employee's were all asking about U" Thx Pete! If you like the Ladies,Go to Mammoth...Oh more Quots from MM
    "the owners of mammoth were disappointed not to see you this year----no shizzz,"
    "roy mc coy---that pic is classic I thought it was you at first"
    "where's the guy with the tights and short skis?'"
    "dan tana was out lookin for a short skiin' bud buddy
    all the baldy's too"
    Its all about the Bumps!And a little Creamy/Dreamy...

pass? already? MOM!

Quote Originally Posted by skihost View Post
    I lost a New Ski this year on a Pow day,Great this is fun skiing One Ski on a pow day,Not Fun!(Hiked up and found her on June 15th)Mom,If its a pow day tomorrow I'm staying home.(Sun/Fun days are the best!)
    Lost skis: Reason #53,762 that I snowboard.

But you're right, powder totally sucks. I'm moving back east. Gimme that icy shit!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Quote Originally Posted by skihost View Post
    Born and raised in Utah it gets old when this season there was maybe 70 days of untracked,Over the head,In your Face Fluffy Stuff...I was done with this 20 years ago!Typical Powder day starts off with,Parking lot full(Great we park on the street,that's fun?)Did anyone groom last night?(I can't find my run,That's Fun?)What happened to my Bumps?(Getting pow out of my line takes long time,That's fun?)Its 10:00 am and the powder bumps are starting to form?Ok that can be Fun?Maybe not...Its 13:00 on a Pow day,Mom Are we going to have Fun today?This is not Fun!I lost a New Ski this year on a Pow day,Great this is fun skiing One Ski on a pow day,Not Fun!(Hiked up and found her on June 15th)Mom,If its a pow day tomorrow I'm staying home.(Sun/Fun days are the best!)
    Blasphemous traitor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid