Advice for Couer D'Alene Trails

Any good riding around Couer D'Alene? Have a wedding there next weekend and will have my bike to ride Fernie on the way there/back. Looking for the fun stuff, AM, DH/freeridish trails I can climb for.

Any links appreciated as well.

It's a short drive over to beacon hill in Spokane - fun freeride sorta thing. (there's probably stuff in CDA too, but I don't know where it is)

Ride white. Eat white, sleep white and breathe white for that matter.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I spend a week with my family in Sandpoint every August. About 2/3 the way to Sandpoint from Couer D'Alene is Athol Idaho. There is a nice trail called Bernard Peak there, which is a nice climb and descent. It is not in the DH/FR category though

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I spend a week with my family in Sandpoint every August. About 2/3 the way to Sandpoint from Couer D'Alene is Athol Idaho. There is a nice trail called Bernard Peak there, which is a nice climb and descent. It is not in the DH/FR category though
    This one is good as is Chico peak, which is close by.

Beacon Hill is great, or there are a couple trails around Beauty Bay on Lake Coeur d'Alene if you want to ride/shuttle something closer--257 is fast and fun, Caribou is even better and then ridiculously technical and exposed at the bottom. Silver Mountain is also an option if you want to ride lifts and don't mind driving 30 minutes.

mt. spokane car shuttle is an excellent dh/am trail. top section is treacherous trees very rocky and rooty, then smoothes out with a couple different options flowy big tree sections, many options... 45 minute or so downhill trail if memory serves me correctly.

bernard peak is beautiful, bufffed singletrack, car shuttle, only technical section is the last mile or so. 30 - 40 min downhill trail if memory serves me correctly.

beacon hill is freeride with built up stuff, but mt spok and b peak are much more aesthetically pleasing and shuttleable.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely have to check one of these out.

May as well ask too what beach we should hit up. Won't have too much time to get both in so something close but good? Closest to downtown or might there be something better more east of the city on the lake?

Go east of town on the road along the lake and walk down from the side of the road for more private areas, but the water is still pretty fucking cold right now. Or the more obvious/bigger beach is right by downtown, you won't miss it.

Caribou ridge is the shit, you can peddle or shuttle it. I havent been there in years but it was the spot back in the day. 50% exposed single track 50% flo joe and fast

Take Interstate 90 east to to 97, take that southwest and go left on Caribou ridge road. The TH is at the back of the parking lot. The shuttle is kinda hard to explain.
    Hello darkness my old friend