View Poll Results: Summit? (Where and When)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8/19 -8/21

3 21.43%
  • 9/16 - 9/18

8 57.14%
  • Island Park Basecamp or West Yelowstone

9 64.29%
  • Paradise Valley, MT/Livingston bascamp

1 7.14%
  • Madison/Ennis basecamp

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Nice looking set up.

Thanks....the rest of it is in the mail and should be here soon so I can start shooting. First new bow since 1997 and I have archery hunted every year except one since '93.

The bow I bought in 97 I gave to my dad and he is going to use it this year for Whitetail back in PA and then he is coming out those two weeks to hunt elk with me.....so stoked. Elk camp is going to be off the wall this year. I will be posting a TR for sure!

Too many hobbies and not enough time or money.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Sorry for such a late response Schwerty. I don't quite frequent the board like I used to. I voted for the September week end. During the August week end I am actually doing my annual Wind River fishing trip with a buddy who already booked his flight. But any other week end all summer I am pretty open. I have been known to drink a lot and can burp pretty loud so I think I might fit in again.

As for location I will go wherever. I'd prefer camping over motel rooms and fire over a bar. It'll be good to see some of you idiots again.
    "Figure if I study high, take the test high, I'll get high scores..." -Redman

Quote Originally Posted by NippleHighPow View Post
    Sorry for such a late response Schwerty. I don't quite frequent the board like I used to. I voted for the September week end. During the August week end I am actually doing my annual Wind River fishing trip with a buddy who already booked his flight. But any other week end all summer I am pretty open. I have been known to drink a lot and can burp pretty loud so I think I might fit in again.

As for location I will go wherever. I'd prefer camping over motel rooms and fire over a bar. It'll be good to see some of you idiots again.
    If we do the August wknd I'm happy to wet the line on any other wknd or evening. Lower FC is clear enough to wade!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    If we do the August wknd I'm happy to wet the line on any other wknd or evening. Lower FC is clear enough to wade!
    Sounds like a plan. I am going to go make a run at upper Granite today. Last week end I went to the Hot Springs for Amanda's birthday and the water looked like it was slowly shaping up. I'll keep you posted.
    "Figure if I study high, take the test high, I'll get high scores..." -Redman

Getting maggots together is like herding cats, but with more booze and bacon and farts.
    Like I said I'm in for either dates but need to get my hall pass approved soon, what's the final word Schwerty?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Aug doesn't work for me but I will be in Jackson next weekend w/ the inlaws and could get away a day for a float. Otherwise I could try and do Sept or Oct
    I vote for Island park henrys lake campground cause we could eat shrooms and troll bacon on glow in the dark pop gear w/ 10weights
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Sound like Sept. or Oct. might work better for people??

K. Let's do the September wknd. Unless, anyone wants to suggest an Oct. weekend.

I *might* be able to make it later, gotta figure out my employment situation first
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Seems like we have a go on the September wknd. If anyone wants to make a push for OCT, now is the time. Otherwise, let's pick a camp spot and make it a done deal so those of us the are married/attached can give the other halves a heads up.

Name the spot and I'll be there.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Hope everyone has a great time and catches and releases alot of fish. Unfortunately, I will not be making the trip.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

^^Good luck stickin some critters mang!

Although I've driven through the area a ton and fished the Box Canyon during last year's summit my knowledge of IP/LC/HF is virtually nil. Perhaps we can get a ball-park head count and start thinking about reserving a campsite?

FWIW I've got a HUDGE tent, extra sleeping bags, dry wood, etc to share with anyone who might need sumthin, and between igband and I we've got a boat (or two if necessary)

2011 Summit attendees (quote and add your name)
    1. Lexi Bell

1. Lexi Bell
    2. Schwerty (Drift Boat & a 1-man)

I've got a big ass family tent too but not sure what my Wife will say if I tell her I'm taking it. Might be able to though. I don't want to sleep that close to any of you stinky assholes anyway.

As far as the fishing part of the summit goes I'm gonna guess we are more apt to float if we have the boat space. Between LB, SkiFish and myself there are 9 spots in boats, 10 if we use my 1 man. That's fishing 3 to a boat though.

Floating:
    Box Canyon - (Henry's Fork) ---Short float even when walking the boat through good holes.
    Warm - Ashton - (Henry's Fork) --- 20-30 mins from Last Chance/ IP. 5-6hrs fishing hard.
    Cardiac Canyon - Likely not the best option with a bunch of boats or for guys who don't know the river.

Madison - plenty of options

Teton Canyon - a pretty good haul from IP and obviously longer from West. I'm not gonna vote for dragging boats down etc...with a large group but it is there. Doubt we will have enough rubber anyway. I don't like to take my hard boat in there.

Wade:

YNP
    Gallatin
    H Fork - RR Ranch
    Madison - upper, bwtn lakes.........
    West Jelly streams
    Tribs of HF and Maddy

--------------

I dunno. My .02 is to find a camp centrally located to access the Maddy for a float and maybe the Box for a float and wade the RR Ranch or an evening in the Park after the Box float. Easy and straight forward. We'll catch fish.

I'm planning on being there. If space for two to fish isn't needed in my boat, I'll probably bring sfd.
    I'd love to drag the tupperware tub down into the teton.
    Never floated the madision so it's on my hitlist
    I'm still voting for henrys lake cg or any other on water
    So in case lapx8 or some other crazy fo whose idea of fun is a 4:20 am wake up call to feed pigs a predawn streamer bfast shows up it'll be easier.
    I too have more tents, bivies and camping gear than I know what to do with and can bring extras.
    Edit: I can mooch a one man Scraden off my pops and throw it on the boat if needed
    Last edited by skifishbum; 08-08-2011 at 07:16 PM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Cmon now folks. Who else is comin?

Pretty sure NippleHighPow is coming and ill get in touch with Wysplit.

Maybe 720 will make a surprise comeback and show up.

I miss that guy
    I got a pm from telee the other day hes pretty busy at work but I hope he makes it.
    I think we need the grizzle, truth or someother highly skilled protographer to properly document the
    mayhem.
    ND you gonna make it? Ill personally go into the shop that dissed ya and pick out 3 or 4 of every fly
    a new rod and reel line & all the fixins and just before I whip out the cc to pay you should come in and suggest another shop. Thatll teach em
    Can we please camp on or within walking distance of water, stayed at that box campground before
    and dug it, so anyone who wanted to do the dawn float could and Im always down for that sort of sillyness

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    1. Lexi Bell
    3. Donkey Punch, and likely Mrs Donkey Punch
    We have plenty of camping gear as well, although she may or may not camp since bring our dogs is a pain in the ass.

1. Lexi Bell
    4. igBand

Quote Originally Posted by igBand View Post
    1. Lexi Bell
    4. igBand
    5.SFB & Probably SFD (a driftboat & a 1-man if needed
    419+1=...
    Last edited by skifishbum; 08-10-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: interwebularly challanged

1. Lexi Bell (3-man inflatable trout-attack module)
    4. igBand
    5.SFB & Probably SFD (a driftboat & a 1-man if needed

I'd love to wade fish the RR, is that a part of or in the state Park? Also consider it could get spendy quickly going into Yellowstone for an evening with additional licenses and park passes...

I did a little pokin around, looks like in addition to the Box CG SFB mentioned there are several on IPR (Buttermilk, McRea) and Riverside is on the river at a boat ramp with a $35 a night group camp so maybe that's an option? Also Upper Coffee Pot on the River looked cool but not sure on the fishing there, can you float those rapids this time of year?
    Last edited by Lexi-Bell; 08-10-2011 at 10:16 PM.

I have a park pass, so that will get one truck/car/whatever load of people into the park if we decide to do that.

How about Tye1on?

D...you gonna make it??

I think TYO is busy that wknd???

There is a lot of camp options but keep in mind the Hank might not be our best option the whole wknd. We should consider the Maddy to.

The Ranch can be fished without paying a st. Park fee, LB.