View Poll Results: Summit? (Where and When)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8/19 -8/21

3 21.43%
  • 9/16 - 9/18

8 57.14%
  • Island Park Basecamp or West Yelowstone

9 64.29%
  • Paradise Valley, MT/Livingston bascamp

1 7.14%
  • Madison/Ennis basecamp

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    works for me
    goat 183 got your pm and fine muskies stoke will call and we should just go float hf and set camp. Thurs.
    as a brofessional swamp biiatch I excel at that. Will bring the sfb swampomatic set up.
    gave a bunch of stuff to my bro on the grand c this week but I gots lots
    Anybody still down for a sun mon or tues maddy camp float?
    hows shuttles there easiy to dyi? $$$$?
    Anybody got a link to the riverside camp and which camp grounds we have? so we set camp in the right spot?
    I invited Ride it but I think hes busy jankin conservatard asshats balls.
    Teton720sumthins in Belize. I may go see if the griz or other wastch fisherbros want in there all on facefuck.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Looks like I will be a no show (Miss Teleees bday weekend) Although if there is anyone still fishing on Monday the 19th I could possibly jam up for a day...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I'm still thinking of doing monday and I think LB is also. Might head to the Beaverhead or Big Hole though. Maybe doing a Varney - Town on the Madison would be in order too??

SFB - Here's a link for the campground. If you have google earth, it shows it well. Bing maps os good too.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...ide+Campground

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Looks like I will be a no show (Miss Teleees bday weekend) Although if there is anyone still fishing on Monday the 19th I could possibly jam up for a day...
    otr till weds come on up no boat nesc.
    You could help me bring my old trailer back from ID falls though so I dont need to tandom down 15
    Any of those fine choices sound cool S never floated any of them.
    Whats MT out of state fl a day? ID? lb sent me the camp link
    goat183 and I prob be there thurs.
    tell the mrs. teleee birfdaze vibes
    Yous empty nesters till summer?
    nab one fly provo tourney?
    Tu Green " " sept 30?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

You guys are paying $$$ to camp in IP? Rookies.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    You guys are paying $$$ to camp in IP? Rookies.
    Those of us that frequent the area are all aware of other places to camp that are free. The "rookie" thing is not the case here. With a group, personally, I'd rather be at a CG. Less hassle and a bit more respectful of the folks in the area that are camping public lands that might not want to be hangin with a big group nearby. Yes there is plenty of FS roads etc. Using this particular CG allows for easy access and is easy to find for the people not in tune with the area. For $10 or less a copy per night, we get a shitter too! I'd bet the CG will be pretty empty too.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBUTTHUNTER View Post
    I'm a smug prick with nothing to contribute so I annually tell you guys you're doing it wrong in the summit thread, see how cool I am
    Hey since we're all new to angling and you've probably got more fishing experience than all of us combined would you care to help us out with some other issues?

Like is a Royal Wulff with a prince nymph a good rig for the Ranch? I never fish anything smaller than a size 14 and love prince nymphs, will I still catch fish?

Also can I leave my shoes at the put-in, we'll be stopping where we started our float, right?

I'm planning on cooking and eating all the fish I catch while fishing the Ranch, do you have any good trout recipes?

Do you know Mike Lawson or Rene Harrop? Those guys seem like they'd want to hang with someone who knows as much about the area as you do.

Thanks!!

I thought you telefufkined the fuck out of tgr cause you sounded like a dumfuck armchairing the guy with enough experience to get the top udot snow safety gig
    now your a summit seer
    either come fish with us irl or start your own uber knowledgable threads or stfu
    bring the pooch mines comin
    BRO

God damn SFB, trying to read your posts gives me a headache. Thanks for the invite though, Bro. Last year I offered to let you guys camp on my property in Swan Valley but Schwarty wanted nothing to do with it, would rather pay to camp next to strangers, where quiet time is after 10pm. BTW, offer still stands. I was just wondering why you guys weren't camping at the IP J-Hole local camp spot. Plenty of room there, no one around, and SFB can drop all the acid, eat all the schrooms, stumble around and act like a fool all he wants. Oh that reminds me, speaking of fools, SFB, be sure to scrub your dirty ass, your boat, your dog and anything else that might of come in contact with that Utarded, cluster fucked out, POS Green river. We don't want your BS Utarded whirling disease in Idaho. Have fun boys.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    From my cold dead hands.

will do I need to see if the "whirley" bro that used to don the phish suit and follow the poliasshat clueless utard chunder fuck Leavitt around to campaign
    apperances has a facefuck page that shit was classic.
    Dont worry my stinky stones sfb ass and boat had to do the one hour online evasive species cert to guide the TU GREEN onefly FUNDRAISER.
    You should get yo crew and come down and show old fish stud Launce E and the cabellos bros how the uberfish dudes slay em.
    Im hopin for a repeat w/ the western rivers brewskis and safety team.
    I think a beer or shot or puff a fish is the way to go on this comp.
    I just dont think mr eagen can hang if we go that route. but ive never partied w/ bro.
    1st year I got the mo mo never evers quite a long A B float they caught fish and I tried to keep the fbombs down and not talk of peyote poligamy visions.
    they only tipped 10% though go figure.
    Eshits funny
    love to irl camp & float up there. fuck guiding on the same water all summer and the DJ bullshit politics. I cut my fuckin hair and they still fucked w/ me for more inane bullshit
    I rock as a swamper.

What? My head hurts more then ever. Speak english Bro. LMAO!

Hey SFB, Let me suggest a float for you and the boys. Since ya'll will be camping at Riverside CG, float the section from Riverside to Hatchery Ford. Good times! BTW, you might want to save those Boomers for later because you don't want to miss the take out.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    From my cold dead hands.

God damn SFB, trying to read your posts gives me a headache. Thanks for the invite though, Bro. Last year I offered to let you guys camp on my property in Swan Valley but Schwarty wanted nothing to do with it, would rather pay to camp next to strangers, where quiet time is after 10pm. BTW, offer still stands. I was just wondering why you guys weren't camping at the IP J-Hole local camp spot. Plenty of room there, no one around, and SFB can drop all the acid, eat all the schrooms, stumble around and act like a fool all he wants. Oh that reminds me, speaking of fools, SFB, be sure to scrub your dirty ass, your boat, your dog and anything else that might of come in contact with that Utarded, cluster fucked out, POS Green river. We don't want your BS Utarded whirling disease in Idaho. Have fun boys.
    You seem to dig yourself in a lot of holes around here. Thanks for offering your property again though.

I was going to suggest the area you are referring to but after talking with LB we both agreed a CG would be the best option for a number of reasons. LB prolly put a deposit down for Riverside and I seriously doubt any of the crew will be pissed that we are camping there.

I have no issues with camping on your land.
    Last edited by schwerty; 09-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.

There's a lot more fishing options in IP than are available around the Swan Valley, especially for wading. More water and more variety. The SF can still be rather overcrowded on a sept weekend if the weather is nice. Great hatches aren't much use when only one in ten productive riffles is open during the hatch and you are getting low holed by motor boats and a merciless pack of tip hungry guides. Funny to see a SF guy talking shit about a "clusterfucked out river."
    Last edited by neckdeep; 09-10-2011 at 11:48 AM.

What? My head hurts more then ever. Speak english Bro. LMAO!

Hey SFB, Let me suggest a float for you and the boys. Since ya'll will be camping at Riverside CG, float the section from Riverside to Hatchery Ford. Good times! BTW, you might want to save those Boomers for later because you don't want to miss the take out.
    noted and sfboat navigator/fisherdude will be alerted.
    Mesa falls? I watched some young yak grom do some facial deconstruction with the mrs. last trip
    gnar.
    if I or my dog gets eatin by bears at the CG my wifes suin

Henry’s Fork 9-08-2011
    Bruce_Staples September 8th, 2011

Because of construction activities on Ashton Dam the river below clouds up from time to time. So fishing below the dam has slowed. On the upper river Last Chance-Harriman is fishing well. Morning spinner falls, Mid-day and early evening terrestrial activity and evening caddis activity make for action. Want a chance at a big cutthroat or brookie in the Henry’s Fork? The flow out of Henry’s Lake is being dropped. So fish that have come out of the lake and have survived the summer in the reach known as “Henry’s Lake Outlet”, mostly cutthroat but some hybrids and brookies, will be moving downstream into the Tubs above Macks Inn and eventually down to Island Park Reservoir. Best way to encounter these is presenting streamer patterns from the Tubs on down through Coffee Pot.

Quote Originally Posted by 183GotamasA/T View Post
    Henry’s Fork 9-08-2011
    Bruce_Staples September 8th, 2011

Because of construction activities on Ashton Dam the river below clouds up from time to time. So fishing below the dam has slowed. On the upper river Last Chance-Harriman is fishing well. Morning spinner falls, Mid-day and early evening terrestrial activity and evening caddis activity make for action. Want a chance at a big cutthroat or brookie in the Henry’s Fork? The flow out of Henry’s Lake is being dropped. So fish that have come out of the lake and have survived the summer in the reach known as “Henry’s Lake Outlet”, mostly cutthroat but some hybrids and brookies, will be moving downstream into the Tubs above Macks Inn and eventually down to Island Park Reservoir. Best way to encounter these is presenting streamer patterns from the Tubs on down through Coffee Pot.
    Mesa Falls>Warm river and Warm river>Ashton could be even more interesting. One wonders whether the fish population in Ashton reservoir will move upwards into the river as the lake drains out for the dam reconstruction. If it happens, it could mean that good numbers of 5 - 10lb browns and insane amounts of smaller rainbows will start looking for a new home somewhere in those two sections. I can't believe all those fish would set up for the winter in the channel in an empty lake bed. Too much silt and not enough insect life, I think.

Hey guys. Sorry but I might be out a drift boat for the weekend but will definitely have my one man Watermaster anyone can use. Still up in the air.
    The weather is shaping up, (can change hourly), to be decent for fishing! Likely to see a litlle rain and some clouds Friday, sat and into Sunday. That outta help!

Anyone else getting a little excited?
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Well, my mom and her friends were just in a car crash in GTNP. They were in slowing traffic and some rubbernecker tourists looking at the mountains rearended them at high speed and the car is rather fucked and one Mom's friends went to the hosptal with whiplash. I was hoping to sneak up there and join you guys for a few drinks, but now I definitely got too much on my plate. Have a good'un.

Very sorry to hear! Glad there were no serious injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
    Anyone else getting a little excited?
    Stoked beyond giddy
    Wtf Goat 183 call me if ya wanna ride victors out of my way but will be there
    Mrs. sfb thinks this is some paid swamp/guide gig and has loaded me down w/ grub
    we'll eat well
    I could use a boat net hopin to warrunty the brodin and dont have$$ or desire to buy new one
    plenty of tarrgon basil borage and other herbs
    not bringin much firewood heavy and messy
    Gave my river wing on loan haz tarps and ropes
    No moterz boat??
    I can't row
    unless pharmicuiticals are provided
    leave weds pm or early am
    Hopin to float camp sun mon or tues. on MT waters
    haz dslr & a couple pro goes if the pursuit of the fishes stoke creatins cool
    SFD= beyond stoked pacing as we pack thinkin he's leavin today.
    Ill set camp Thurs. night and swamp bitch er up right
    forgegettin any???
    Vibes ND hope to fish w/ you sometime
    I laughed hard at the shoe fittin thread or if the cap fits
    let Jah wear it is betters

dang nd too bad guess all the touronz ain't left yet
    mebbe catch yaz next summitz or later this fall?
    werd dp gettin psyched managed to secure an extra boat and a non-maggot dude comin along but he's down fo sho
    tryin to type all sfb stylie gettin into the groove ya
    if u can't row its all good all the bozeman boys got time on the stix sorry no pharmies but plenty o' booze
    gotta get the AIS sticker for your watercraft! prolly need outta-state license too
    gots a bit of firewood and can't wait for the swampfest, looks like fishin on Henry's lake is heatin up too
    will be down to fish Monday but gotta work for da man after that hit me up for a crash spot sfb
    JIC I reserved a double site @ Riverside A Loop #13 pm for dERECTIONZ

Sadly between Miss Teleees birthday and working for the man I am going to be a no show. I expect a full report and picutres! Sorry to hear about the accident Neckdeep, glad everyones is ok.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Not looking good on my end. Also sorry to hear of the wreck ND...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

loaded locked cocked and ready to rock

I e-invited the Drake boys
    said they were to busy slappin each other on the e-back in the fratofucktious circle jerk of
    and better stuff to do
    Tele or any other mag my pops is lookin for 1 guy for their Green TU one fly comp sept 30
    $250 fishin food swag
    OPEN BAR !!!!!
    next week nab provo one fly too