View Poll Results: Summit? (Where and When)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8/19 -8/21

3 21.43%
  • 9/16 - 9/18

8 57.14%
  • Island Park Basecamp or West Yelowstone

9 64.29%
  • Paradise Valley, MT/Livingston bascamp

1 7.14%
  • Madison/Ennis basecamp

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I will NHP. If you can split Friday after work lemm know if you wanna lift.

Quote Originally Posted by NippleHighPow View Post
    2011 Summit attendees (quote and add your name)
    1. Lexi Bell (3-man inflatable trout-attack module)
    2. Schwerty (Drift Boat & a 1-man)
    3. Donkey Punch, and likely Mrs Donkey Punch
    4. igBand
    5. SFB & Probably SFD (a driftboat & a 1-man if needed
    6. lobstahmeatwad + my balls and a dog maybe
    7. NippleHighPow (Saturday and maybe Sunday)
    8. Tye 1on with no vest, rod, boat or bugs. Will row, laugh, or fish if there's extra gear.

Once again sorry for the lack of reading this forum. I don't think I can get there Friday night but I can meet Saturday morning, fish, probably camp and fish Sunday. I have plenty of camping stuff, beer, and a drinking problem. Schwerty keep me posted via text if you think of it?
    I'm on NHP's schedule. From victor. Anybody that wants could come by the house Friday night, preparty and truckpool over sat am.

Igband bring stuff--- Dibs how rasta like fun will boat drinking with brofkn fish jumpin everywhere sun out cool evenings beer + Schwerty brown water go large it's too short that life stuff is.

Yo Gretch, wtf, over??
    Last edited by Tye 1on; 08-31-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

^^^W00t!!! Stoked you'll be rollin Tye!!

Looks like we'll have 2 bozangeles boats headin down to float all you drunkards, dunno if igband's sponsor knows bout the xl hookups best kept on the DL BUT we may see the unveiling of the motherfukin STRIKE-FORCE 5000!!!!!

(hope-hope-hope)

Good to hear you're comin' TYO!

We still haven't secured a camp site yet. I am out of town and have very limited time to check in here and likely not enough free time to get a site locked down. LB if you wanna do that, feel free or I will give it a shot sometime next week when I get back.

Chime in regarding meals, (breakfast and dinner + communal or solo), plus stoves please.

---
    I will have a coleman 2 burner, one skillet and one pot.

Being the rather stout crew this year, I'd vote for keeping it simple and going the sausage/burger route or pre-made stuff for dinner. I nominate TYO for breakfast burritos again. I'll get some ingredients Rhino, if you're down.

hellz yeah schwerty, i'll shop and stir up sunday bkfst.

no stove but i'll bring a lighter.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

I will have family in town then so I cannot do an overnighter. Bummer but, whatever, it's very well known how stubbornly local and averse to group fishing I am anyhow. I can, however, ditch the family with my brother for a day so anyone wanting to sample the Teton for a day trip either on their way to or back from the summit, feel free to let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    ^^^W00t!!! Stoked you'll be rollin Tye!!

Looks like we'll have 2 bozangeles boats headin down to float all you drunkards, dunno if igband's sponsor knows bout the xl hookups best kept on the DL BUT we may see the unveiling of the motherfukin STRIKE-FORCE 5000!!!!!

(hope-hope-hope)
    Agreed - Great to hear you are in Tye. Will dig through the closets for any lingering patagucci in XL. Unfortunately, much of the closet space is now occupied by toddler gear! Any chance you can fit into a size XXXS snowsuit? If so, keep me posted.

'Tis true - the igBands are upgrading our rubber. We'll be sad to see the NRS Battleship go on its merry way to another very worthy captain and crew, but I'm downright giddy about what's on the horizon. STRIKE-FORCE 5000, bitches! The new boat should be here in time for the summit - if so, the bozo crew will definitely bring down 2 boats.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Good to hear you're comin' TYO!

We still haven't secured a camp site yet. I am out of town and have very limited time to check in here and likely not enough free time to get a site locked down. LB if you wanna do that, feel free or I will give it a shot sometime next week when I get back.

Chime in regarding meals, (breakfast and dinner + communal or solo), plus stoves please.

---
    I will have a coleman 2 burner, one skillet and one pot.

Being the rather stout crew this year, I'd vote for keeping it simple and going the sausage/burger route or pre-made stuff for dinner. I nominate TYO for breakfast burritos again. I'll get some ingredients Rhino, if you're down.

I'll call around tomorrow and lock down a campsite, last chance for a vote for Riverside or Buttermilk in 3,2,....

I'll bring my two-burner as well, mini-grill, citronellas, 10x10 canopy, etc. Not ready to plan detailed meals just yet but will certainly be bringing a big load of brats, ravioli & pesto, and bacon to share with all...

If anyone needs a crash-spot I'll bring my big tent otherwise I'll bring my 2-man, speak up!

My wood supply is diminished, & at $5 a bundle that shit gets spendy quick, anyone got wood? (for the campfire heh)

I'd like to come along and test my skills.
    I just moved here from Minnesota and I traded in my muskie gear for a fly setup.
    I'm in waders.
    I also have plenty of bacon for everyone.
    Last edited by 183GotamasA/T; 09-02-2011 at 12:44 AM.

I'll bring a coleman two burner, and a jetboil for boat use. And can most likely bring wood for a night or two.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Quote Originally Posted by 183GotamasA/T View Post
    I just moved here from Minnesota and I traded in my muskie gear for a fly setup.
    I'm in waders.
    there goes the neighborhood.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    I will have family in town then so I cannot do an overnighter. Bummer but, whatever, it's very well known how stubbornly local and averse to group fishing I am anyhow. I can, however, ditch the family with my brother for a day so anyone wanting to sample the Teton for a day trip either on their way to or back from the summit, feel free to let me know.
    There enough water to drag the tupperware moship down into it? Furkids semi worthless as a wade fish partner, good in the boat though
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

In the Valley, there are 18 miles of placid meadow stream floatable in any sort of craft and the water just gets slower and lower in fall. It never gets too shallow for a drift boat and it looks a lot like the New Fork of the Green river or the Beaverhead, if you ever made it over there. The middle and lower canyon requires inflatables and oarsmen rated for class IV and it will be getting shallow in some rapids. Upper canyon is kayak only. The canyon has better fishing but it is a no go zone for dogs and children, in my honest opinion.

So many rivers so little $$$
    so my dumbass decided to mountain bike with skis and jacked my shoulder
    thankfully not the casting shoulder that was fixed 2 years ago
    mri/doctor the 14th planin on being @ summit reguardless
    can still row and roll
    mayb in circles
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^Yeah but he's got bacon man! 183gotamas if you're in/near Bozeman pm if you want to carpool...

Buttermilk's Group site is booked, and Riverside's Group rate was $100 PER NIGHT!!

Went with a double site @ Riverside, A loop, $60 for 2 nights, max people 16, may have to pay extra for cars or get an additional site if the host is a prick but I'll bet it'll be pretty quiet as the touron season should be winding down.

Huge thanks to LB for gettin' what looks like a great campground reserved!!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    So many rivers so little $$$
    so my dumbass decided to mountain bike with skis and jacked my shoulder
    thankfully not the casting shoulder that was fixed 2 years ago
    mri/doctor the 14th planin on being @ summit reguardless
    can still row and roll
    mayb in circles
    i'ma happy to get some rowing in if the furkid won't take the oars...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    ^^Yeah but he's got bacon man! 183gotamas if you're in/near Bozeman pm if you want to carpool...

sorta inside joke, bastard moved in eight houses down from me in Victor...[however part of his household sure did brighten the place up...]

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    sorta inside joke, bastard moved in eight houses down from me in Victor...[however part of his household sure did brighten the place up...]
    I'm leaving her at home so she can work. I'm not sexist, I just know my role. Let's go fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by 183GotamasA/T View Post
    I'm in waders.
    We should have plenty of boat space!

Thanks LB. I sent you that PM before I read all the posts.... Riverside is sweet. Trees, (shade), and wade fishing. The area is not really good for group fishing but I can't imagine more than a couple guys fishing at any given time after a day on the water. I fish the area enough and am happy to man the whiskey bottle and beer cooler.

[QUOTE=NippleHighPow;3344892]2011 Summit attendees (quote and add your name)
    1. Lexi Bell (3-man inflatable trout-attack module)
    2. Schwerty (Drift Boat & a 1-man)
    3. Donkey Punch, and likely Mrs Donkey Punch
    4. igBand
    5. SFB & Probably SFD (a driftboat & a 1-man if needed
    6. lobstahmeatwad + my balls and a dog maybe
    7. NippleHighPow (Saturday and maybe Sunday)
    8. Tye 1On
    9. 183GotamasA/T

I'd like to hitch a ride with someone. I pack light
    I will pay for some gas so I don't have to drive my YJ there.
    I'm in Victor and I'm available to leave early and/or stay late.
    Last edited by 183GotamasA/T; 09-05-2011 at 10:36 PM.

I take back my previous post. There is way too many assholes too make group meals. I will have copious amounts of cholesterol inducing grub, ( for those that know me that won't surprise you), including brats, polishes, knockwursts, dogs, etc... Chips of all sorts. Homemade cheese dip and fart inducing chili, hot sauce, chili peppers, an plethora of seasoning/s&P. Likely some onions for good measure.

I still think TYO, (I will tag team this one), should go round 2 on the breakfast burritos. I will bring the sausage, onions, salsa, and bell peppers.

I will bring along along a handle of Crown and a handle of decent Vodka, plus enough beers for me but don't nobody get any ideas they are sharin' that with me.
    Last edited by schwerty; 09-06-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I still think TYO, (I will tag team this one), should go round 2 on the breakfast burritos. I will bring the sausage, onions, salsa, and bell peppers.
    Yup, down w sunday breakfast. Schwert, bring nada. 210Gotama will cover whatever I forget.

got 183 I may come get ya thurs and set camp or float the Sfork. I dont need to be home till weds.
    If the docters appointment weds the 14 turns out thev rotator cuff is done and needs surgery I could probably stay till fri or when funds run out or she closes the card.
    the sfb garden is cranking and will provide plenty of fresh veggies I have a giant watermelon that needs vodka. UT is whack in booze buyin
    I am gonna be parkked right next to schwerty and the beer cooler as maggot fishin summit chief safety officer with deupty us coast guard dopes dog at my side to help keep er safe
    I no longer have a boat net so if anybody has a spare please bring I hopefully will have a dslr to properly record the not so inocent and mayhem.

I'll whip up some slaw and/or potato salad recipes - don't worry...each will contain plenty of bacon. We've got to get our fiber in somehow, right? I'll put together some garlic bread too.

I've got one of those Weber Q gas grills that I'll bring - it's not huge by any standard, but can certainly cook some meat (just got to remember the propane...)

Per schwerty's post, is everyone planning on bringing your own food to throw on the grills and camp stoves, and then bring along some communal stuff? Seems like this might be a hell of a lot easier than planning several big dinners.
    Last edited by igBand; 09-07-2011 at 10:42 AM.