View Poll Results: Summit? (Where and When)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8/19 -8/21

3 21.43%
  • 9/16 - 9/18

8 57.14%
  • Island Park Basecamp or West Yelowstone

9 64.29%
  • Paradise Valley, MT/Livingston bascamp

1 7.14%
  • Madison/Ennis basecamp

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Im planning floating the maady at least a day cause Ive never been
    Any camp floats on it? Ill probably head up a day early too if anybodies free
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Im planning floating the maady at least a day cause Ive never been
    Any camp floats on it? Ill probably head up a day early too if anybodies free
    Can't swing it Friday but I'd be down Sunday evening/Monday after the summit, there's a couple good spots to camp on the river.

Temps on the Upper Mad have been getting up into the high sixties in the afternoon making it tough on fish and anglers, although the fly shops and guides prolly won't tell you/their clients that. Let's hope the longer, cooler nights reverse the trend.

Im in hell ill throw a hookless streamer and just watch follows and takes Im into floatin and campin on new water.
    Nobody wants to camp @ henrys lake cg I remember the skeeters being not to bad. The lakes probably pretty warm to though
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Yeah we did an overnighter 3 weeks ago and fished 10 minutes out of 24 hrs don't get me wrong i love rippin faces off but just as happy on scenics (mostly). I'm sure the Maddy will be fishin great about the time you're up here...

Henry's sounds good to me, seems like I remember they have a problem with moss/algae/cabbage late in the season?? Dunno fo sho, we need our new local in West DP to give us the 411.

I just thought it would be cool to be able to easily able to throw a few boats on the water morn and eve but if you need to row 1/2 way acsoss the lake to fish the open holes its not worth it.
    We did a family yellerstone trip out of there about that time of year and I never bothered even putting the boat on the water cause it was non stop whitecaps and it snowed on the way home. They still have any nice brookies in there?
    The box would be good as Ill leave my boat for an early am float.

well I was gonna come but I don't think I can swing it if anyone wants to hang out on the south peninsula steelhead fishing for 10 days, I'll be camped at the A
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Henrys lake CG works. Never camped there but pretty sure there isn't a lick of shade and usually seems to be lots of people. Not that it matters too much though. Looks like we have enough people that just picking a random spot down a forest rd might be more hassle than it's worth.

There are 6-7 forest service campgrounds from Riverside to Henrys lake. There is also camping down Mesa fall byway but no campgrounds close to the fishing targets.

There is Baker's Hole CG outside of West. On the water.

A couple others around there too. Plenty of options on hebgen lake.

Ive never used a FS CG around the Madison below the lakes but I'm sure there are some.

Sounds like I got the Meatwad roped in to joining us as well!

Baker's Hole is Hardside trailers only due to the GRIZZLIEZ!!!!

You CAN camp right @ Raynolds Pass, wouldn't suggest it. There's one at the West Fork of the Madison, one at Palisades, and another right on the river adjacent to a boat ramp that I really like which is pretty quiet so I won't post it here.

If I repeat my perfomamce from last year and pass out a drunken mess pretty well lathered with various cased meat products you guys have nothing to worry about. Any bear in the area will eat me!

LB. I'll call you and we can pick a spot. Skifish - we will do henrys lake or another site on water.

I know its a long ways off yet, but I have been fishing Hebgen for the last week almost every day, and have yet to boat a fish. Its tough fishing right now. We landed two this morning, I blew the hook set on one, and one broke off. Hopefully it gets better QUICK.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
    I know its a long ways off yet, but I have been fishing Hebgen for the last week almost every day, and have yet to boat a fish. Its tough fishing right now. We landed two this morning, I blew the hook set on one, and one broke off. Hopefully it gets better QUICK.
    It can be a little tough through August but still fishes. Even hatches run the show usually.

I was suggesting Hebgen for a central location, the ability to have a swim and maybe an even hatch or the option to pull a mouse pattern after sunset. I'll lass out anywhere.

Bump.

Looked through the map and conjured up past memories, (that was tough). Lexi-Bell and I figured we outta camp in the IP region.

The Box Canyon CG is cool but no group sites and it's 1st come 1st serve...

We are prolly best off at either the Riverside CG or Buttermilk CG on IP Reservoir. Island Park Res should start to fish for fly guys about then. It is best fished with a power boat but I'd bet we could find fish in the evenings. Riverside is only about 15 minutes up the Road from Ashton and would make for a little longer drive to the Maddy but it's on the Hank and has a boat ramp, (not the best but it works). Riverside is also a few minute drive from the Ranch sections. They both have group sites.

Do you guys care one way or the other?

Edit: I tried to score a reasonably priced cabin that could fit everybody through a couple sources but came up short. I have one more to try. If anyone is opposed, (25 or less/night per guy) let me know. Prolly won't work but thought I'd give it a shot...lots of sweet rentals up there.

I am good for any camp ground, my only commitments as of now are Thursday night training's at the fire dept.. Tent, cabin, back seat of truck, as long as there is fishing, and maybe even a non-alcoholic beer or two I am good to go. See if you can guess which of those things I am lying about.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Sorry for my complete and utter lack of reading skills and or pure laziness, but when is this going down?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

were leaving tohight Ill be over shortly to get you. I gots the new galvinized trailer w/ the stinger to pull doubles so only to take need one ride.
    Im out of bacon though got any? or do I need to stop at smiths on the way.
    Furkids comin and that cool little white guy of your is welcome.
    Start packin
    BRO
    oh and island park cg sounds great to me you got my pm about grabin the power boat
    been hittin reply a bit lately not always sure what it is ive been replying to

Ha, I was afraid it was this weekend, you may just have to swing by and grab the mini dog (Rafa) and a package of bacon. I am moving my oldest daughter into the dorms this week (ya I am that old), I like thye stinger to pull doubles, maybe a fall maggot float on the Green?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    K. Let's do the September 16-18 wknd. .
    bump 4
    just kiddin you got plenty of time let me know if you wanna road trip
    I may go early and stay late
    read the thread
    Are you an empty nester then now?

2011 Summit attendees (quote and add your name)
    1. Lexi Bell (3-man inflatable trout-attack module)
    2. Schwerty (Drift Boat & a 1-man)
    3. Donkey Punch, and likely Mrs Donkey Punch
    4. igBand
    5. SFB & Probably SFD (a driftboat & a 1-man if needed
    6. lobstahmeatwad + my balls and a dog maybe

So this is the weekend of 9/16 and its IP and or upper mad or stufff?

Bring your flouro for the HF.

PS cabins are for weenies.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post

Do you guys care one way or the other?

Nope.

September 16-18, Friday-Sunday,

trying to swing Monday the 19th as well...might be early but I REALLY want a shot at some of those Hebgen run-up browns, prolly bony but there's a stream into the lake that rarely gets fished due to super-crazy grizzley populations, I'll bring the bacon!!

Im leavin weds night thurs prob stop fontenelle then maybe stop at schwertys if he wants to bring the booze cruise boat. hall pas expires weds 20th as long as I take the furkid.
    unless I hit $$$ at ft.hall will be on a skifishbum budget will row cook sling drinks and have a safety satchel and party supplies
    With the exception of corn the sfb garden is cranking so no shortage of fresh produce
    hopin to dyi shuttles and I doubt Ill be in any bars/resturants except for a shot.
    I should sell the unmounted loyus 120s and go in better style but those may be my dslr fund
    Ill pm tele or a few Ut mags
    I thought I had that wyo cat jeffs tetonsumthin email. he maybe a wps facebook friend
    AKPM isnt flying down in his cessna?
    No Jer or Blurred?
    Honeysmoked thick cut or more of genric bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    2011 PREVIEW

holy fuckin drake 3 hits of purple microdot acid flashback shizz
    your fantastic 4 face is freakin me out
    BRO

Had to edit for too much drunkeness post, glad ^^^ of any slipped past the goalie Heh SFB with the quickness innertoobs dpps!!!!

That pick looks familiar!
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

ski fish - you're welcome to crash but I'm kinda rethinkin' the power boat. If we were hanging for 5 days it would be different but this is driftin and Wadin' country right now. My power boat is more of a headache than it's worth for a hour or two Of drunken fun. It's always a toss up anyway.

Maybe though. If I get a wild hair we will do it.

2011 Summit attendees (quote and add your name)
    1. Lexi Bell (3-man inflatable trout-attack module)
    2. Schwerty (Drift Boat & a 1-man)
    3. Donkey Punch, and likely Mrs Donkey Punch
    4. igBand
    5. SFB & Probably SFD (a driftboat & a 1-man if needed
    6. lobstahmeatwad + my balls and a dog maybe
    7. NippleHighPow (Saturday and maybe Sunday)

Once again sorry for the lack of reading this forum. I don't think I can get there Friday night but I can meet Saturday morning, fish, probably camp and fish Sunday. I have plenty of camping stuff, beer, and a drinking problem. Schwerty keep me posted via text if you think of it?
    "Figure if I study high, take the test high, I'll get high scores..." -Redman