Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I noticed last night if you pinpoint yourself, and anyone around you using google+, that has a public feed, posts, it will appear. Pretty crazy to see what some of my neighbors were up to.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Now that plus is pretty much opened up what do you think?

I think it's pretty smooth for the most part.
    Can't post directly to your friends' wall, just to their feed or with a personal message.
    Would be nice to have a way to share videos and pics easily. I have a "share on fb" tab for that on my bookmark.

I'm a bit bothered by this article: http://photofocus.com/2011/07/06/goo...e-you-sign-up/

“By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.”

“You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.”

“You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.”
    Deleted the semi redundant thread

I like it. I really hope it takes off. I think it'll be important that companies/public figures start so that you can put them in your "Follow" circle. One of the only reasons I am still on Facebook is because I like seeing what people/companies/groups I'm interested in are doing. Most of my friends' posts are stupid.

I love the link between Picasa Web and Google+. Makes uploading pics a breeze.

Circles is a lot easier than created Limited Profiles on Facebook. After all, some of the pics/posts I make, I don't necessarily want Mom and Dad to see.

It sucks that they technically own everything, but whatever. If they want to use my picture in some marketing thing, I don't really care. I'm not going to put anything online that if it truly came down to it, I wouldn't mind anyone (Mom/Dad, boss, future employers, Secret Service, etc) seeing/reading.
    There are two rules to life...
    *Speed is your friend.
    *When in doubt, air it out.

Life. Liberty. And the pursuit of Shred!!!!

Ive regretted joining Facebook ever since day one when I saw my roommates relationship get torn to shreds over some picture that looked bad but wasnt ( I was there). Its pretty weird and creepy to me. I can't delete it as my Mom has taken it as her personal form of communication (another source of regret). Worst part is that while Ive never posted a damn thing, my entire life has pretty much ended up on there anyways, cause who dont you know thats not on Facebook?

Im hoping Google+ takes off and facebook becomes myspace and I dont have to worry about that shit anymore.
    Live Free or Die

anyone with a spare invite? Would really like to check it out, pm me if you have one available please
    ....and michigan still sucks

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mbizzles View Post
    I like it. I really hope it takes off
    One claim is 10 million users as of today.

I dig the integration with Gmail and search in general. FB tried to get the email thing going before, but I don't think it ever took off. This is much more streamlined IMO

I can invite, shoot me a PM with your email.

I signed up but I just don't know very many people using it.

This whole Google+ thing is interesting. I'm curious to see how it ends up competing/comparing with FB as FB already has such a large user base.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    This whole Google+ thing is interesting. I'm curious to see how it ends up competing/comparing with FB as FB already has such a large user base.
    It'll be interesting to see how it works with Android phones since Facebook is already integrated so well.

many thanks to mud for the hook up, now need to find time when the 11m old isn't around the pc, he has a habit of pushing the pretty blue button which puts the pc to sleep
    ....and michigan still sucks

If anyone could send me an invite, I would really appreciate checking it out. Thanks.

I would really be grateful for a spare invite as well. Thanks. Curious as all damn get out.

If you need an invite, PM me. Trainwreck hooked me and I'll do the same until I run out of invites/Google stops allowing invites.

pm me for invites as well

I have invites but you are going to have to do better then 30 posts.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

your not missing anything...

I would enjoy an invite if and when they are available. Sweet, thanks

THis new chat that facebook came out with is their last nail in the coffin for me. Switching to google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Curious, but not willing to sign up. Can some one tell me why this is not a new version of Facebook? I see some cool features I guess, but I don't really see how this is all that different.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Everything you need to know is right here. It's long but informative, and includes a lot of screenshots: http://mashable.com/2011/07/16/google-plus-guide/

You will have no idea how beneficial or not it is to you until you start following people of interest to you (or get friends to join). Don't join and then ask 'now what'. Actively try to participate so you can see for yourself what the diff is.

For me it will replace Twitter, FB and LinkedIn from a professional perspective. FB will become the party-zone for friends and family members after all the businesses migrate/duplicate to G+ down the road.

PM me your gmail address and I can send an invite. After you get invite, you still might not get in right away, it seems like they are still metering. Keep clicking the link throughout the day- it will work.
    Last edited by Jax; 07-17-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: clarity

Thanks Jax, I'll be sure to check it out after the world cup is over. USA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Thanks Jax for the invite.

Seems like a sweet upgrade from FB so far...way more content control & separation of groups of people. havent figured out the photo albums yet but that actual photo viewing is way better than FB.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

right at the lights, straight on till night
    would appreciate an invite if one is available. thanks.
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.