Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Izod and CertainDry the most ANNOYING COMMERCIALS of the TDF. IZOD especially, the fucking song and the stupid white people dance on the fucking boat.
    Dude, there was only one white person dancing on the boat..... The guy was african american.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    The Schlecks will get it next year. They just need to climb even faster to offset their shitty TT abilities. Can't wait to see them come to CO!

Depends what becomes of Bertie's suspension. Almost can guarantee he's not riding the giro next year, which should leave him as the odds on favorite for yellow again.

Dude, there was only one white person dancing on the boat..... The guy was african american.
    Yea but the dancing he was doing was a white person dance.

part two of the pics finally came out
    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...ce_part_2.html

this one is pretty incredible, almost something you'd put on the cover of one of the cycling manager games.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/op...?_r=1&emc=eta1

A doping free tour? Of course not, not 100% anyways. But, a worthy read.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

^^^ But of course Lance became such a steller climber all of a sudden because cancer changed his body. He leaned up and had to carry one less of those huge tejano balls up l'alpe d'huez.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

God damnit, I can't get that shitty song out of my head

I was routing for the Schlecks, but Cadel definitely played the game well. Shrugging them off in stage 19 when they asked him to work with them was bad ass. The Schlecks will get it next year. They just need to climb even faster to offset their shitty TT abilities. Can't wait to see them come to CO!
    You do realize that like any other race not name TdF that the Shlecks will put mediocre effort into it. Any effort they do bring will be completely offset by their inability to race tactically.

I honestly don't even know how people can be fans of these guys. Honestly if it wasn't for Jens, and Fabian I don't know how I could like anything about the Leopard team.
    Training for Alpental

Nice article on CyclingNews by Robert Millar about why Cadel won and why either of the Schlecktastic duo did not.

Andy may win someday - he's already a great champion and sportsman, but IMO (and I'm sure many others) it was already apparent during March's Tirreno-Adriatico that Cadel was to be the #1 contender (where he won in Macerata and also took the GC). It became more apparent that he was on target when in May he won the GC at the Tour de Romandie. Finally, he should have become the overwhelming favorite in June - where unlike the Schleck bros - he decided to ride the Criterium du Dauphine to get a race-pace preview of this year's Stage 20 TT. Sure, he didn't take the Dauphine GC too seriously, but he didn't need to and still ended up 2nd. That preview certainly gave him some confidence and it paid off with a dominating performance last Saturday.

Barring injury, crashes, or mechanicals - Cadel had this one in the bag rolling out at the Grand Depart.

Or not. Regardless, it was fun to watch.

Gotta wonder what happened to Dr. feelgood there.

Just sat down to skim over most of this thread after chasing Le Tour around france the last week. Watching Andy explode out of the saddle away from the Astana rider on stage 18, just after they passed Col Lauteret was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen in person.

Being in France with a French rider wearing yellow in the Alps was incredible, cheering TV on with millions of french people live was insanely fun. Also, anyone who says that Alpe D'huez is not that hard of a climb and only hyped because of its prestige has never ridden it. I hope to come back next year and better my time up most of these climbs, but having the Pros double your time up Alpe D'huez is pretty humbling.

Hats off to Rolland for sticking it to the rest of the GC climbers on stage 19 and getting a win for France.

Anyways, I hope to post some great photos too, this was one of the most fun tours I can remember watching. I highly recommend springing for a tri to see it live.
    Just ski down there and jump off something for crying out loud!

http://www.evo.com - http://www.nwac.us/

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Gotta wonder what happened to Dr. feelgood there.
    He deserved it, he kept trying to put his stethoscope on Bert's chest as he was running next to him.
    Last edited by grabtindy; 07-29-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: double posted photo

I kind of like contador a little more after that.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    part two of the pics finally came out
    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...ce_part_2.html
    Picture 9, the guy in the blue top...

Just got home from 10 days in the Oisans, watched the stage on the Alpe D'Huez. I knew they'd be fast but the speed they go up those climbs at even after three weeks of racing is unreal. You don't get a sense of it from the TV at all. We were right at the point where Bertie attacked on that climb (spot picked through combination of luck, prediction of attacks from previous years and being too knackered to go any higher with bags). Totally worth it even if you only see a couple of seconds action, the best part was watching Andy Schlecks face as my mate gave Contador a helpful shove while wearing Leopard kit. The second best part was watching him get a bollocking from the gendarme for doing so.

Some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6800994...7627315867870/