Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Kind of weird according to the schedule NBC is only airing the first 2 stages, then it's strictly on Versus - NBC bought Versus or something I assume?

Schedule: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/434409...ports-cycling/

With all the doping allegations (Armstrong v Hamilton, plus the Contador shit show), I'm so jaded about pro cycling that I don't even give a shit about the tour.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

One of my favorite parts of watching the Tour is the scenery especially in the mountain stages. Hoping for a good finish by an American.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Garmin/Cervelo is packed with talent and Danielson's role will be supporting ___who?_____ but I'm hoping to see some good things from him and maybe even a stage win.
    TD is a strange one ... not unlike CVV. They've got huge potential and have had their share of illness and crashes, but I suspect that these guys have moral trouble being "in the program" and therefore fluctuate between being mediocre and being truly brilliant. In fact, there's a lot of guys past and present that you might point to that have had short, meteoric careers followed by a drop off the face of the earth. Iban Mayo comes to mind.

Well as I said I don't really follow road racing but if I had to speculate I'd say either Hushovd or Hesjedal. Both are talented, have top ten TDF finishes, and have a lot more experience than Danielsen, who's pretty far down on the roster to those guys. It would be awesome if the team thought he had the Moxy to go all the way but I doubt they do and frankly neither do I. Seems like more a climber's race this year though so who knows?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

First it was Omega, now BMC getting linked to a person on the payroll handling PEDs. Watch for those teams' performance in le tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    With all the doping allegations (Armstrong v Hamilton, plus the Contador shit show), I'm so jaded about pro cycling that I don't even give a shit about the tour.
    You make a valid point, but I'm not naive enough to believe that PED use is any more prevalent in pro cycling than it is in any other major pro sport, and since I like pro sports not following them is a leap I'm not quite ready to make.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    You make a valid point, but I'm not naive enough to believe that PED use is any more prevalent in pro cycling than it is in any other major pro sport, and since I like pro sports not following them is a leap I'm not quite ready to make.
    Only one two wheeled sport going on right now that I care about:

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post

You act like this is some new revelation that there is doping in pro sports, especially cycling. Don't be ridiculous.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    You act like this is some new revelation that there is doping in pro sports, especially cycling. Don't be ridiculous.
    Not a new thing to me, just really sick of it. Especially watching the governing body pander to Contador like little bitches. Its just gotten to the point that I've seen it so much that I finally just stopped caring. I still like road biking as a sport, but I'd much rather go watch a bunch of working (real jobs) people race a local crit series then watch the pro's cheat.

Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

So, has everyone had their injection? Can we start now?

Let's get it on!!!

Go Andy!
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

So if everyone doped, wouldn't that kinda level the playing field?

I'm rooting for the Schlecks this year. Sounds like this year is heavy on the mountain stages so should be pretty exciting.

yea ... no. Not everyone can afford PEDs and access to the experts docs. Also, not everyone responds the same way to PEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    yea ... no. Not everyone can afford PEDs and access to the experts docs. Also, not everyone responds the same way to PEDs.
    So that would just serve to weed out those who are not worthy. Survival of the fittest (and richest)!

Seriously though, right now, anyone who the race officials and media like can dope. So therefore the richest are the only ones who can dope and get away with it because they are the ones who can grease the palms of the media and officials. Tainted meat my ass.

Stupid spectator!

bertie was caught out, 32'' back. BMC, The shack hammering the pace.

attababe Gilbert!

Nice start for you IceHockey77...that was an amazing finish with all the crashes.

no tv.

Where is the tour streaming online?
    is this thing on?

Quote Originally Posted by joe4186 View Post
    no tv.

Where is the tour streaming online?
    http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/2318

I bought the NBC pkg and it seems to stream pretty well. Only one or two hiccups in continuity...

What a great start for evans! Gilbert too but he was somewhat expected to be in the stage hunting mix early...
    I liked watching greipel take a pull on the hill and blow in a couple hundred yards and then see cancellara take a shot at the line and he couldn't hold on either...just shows how hard they are riding

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I bought the NBC pkg and it seems to stream pretty well. Only one or two hiccups in continuity...

What a great start for evans! Gilbert too but he was somewhat expected to be in the stage hunting mix early...
    I liked watching greipel take a pull on the hill and blow in a couple hundred yards and then see cancellara take a shot at the line and he couldn't hold on either...just shows how hard they are riding
    That's the truth, I thought Gilbert was gonna blow it by going off too early. Nice to see Vino putting out his crazy antics.

Anyone else notice that both Horner and F Schleck put a minute 20 into Berto as well? We've got ourselves a bike race. I don't expect Saxo to be that strong in the TTT which could mean even bigger gaps for Schleck, Evans, and Horner.

Edit: Scratch that ... just noticed that Liepheimer and A Schleck both benefited from the 3KM rule and are now also 1 min 20 on Berto. Hurrah for interesting bike races!

So how do people see the TTT shaking out?

To me, it's a toss up between Leopard, Garmin, HTC, and Radioshack. I also expect Ag2R and Euskatel to make a mess of it