older crossmax problem

just guessing but i think they're 06 or 07's. after my ride today i noticed one spoke had popped out of the r hub on the drive side. they're just kinda wedged in there on the hub side. i thought i'd just loosen it from the nipple, wedge it back in there and retension the nipple. looks like the spoke threads or nipple threads are stripped. if the nipple is stripped do i need to get a whole new rim (tubeless rim)? can i still get 24 spoke rims for these or these fancy spokes? maybe a burlier rim if possible?

doesn't the nipple just sit in the rim? so you should be able to just buy a spoke and nipple, place the spoke into the hub, place the nipple into the rim, and re-tennsion the wheel back to true?

Pictures might help us...

if it is not the case, and you need a new rim, just but a whole pre-built wheel. Odds are you will be having the same problem again soon...

look for a mavic 819, or stans arch or flow for a nice tubeless rim, and hard to go wrong with XT hubs, or upgrade to hope's (convertible to any hub system past, present and future)

ya not sure how they get the nipples in these rims. with the ust rims you don't just put a nipple in. maybe they snap in on top of the rim and when the spoke is in it expands i don't know. the rims still fine otherwise . be nice to just put spoke and or nipple in. i would love hope/flows or 819/823 setup but that could break the bank. i have a bolt on deemax rear wheel also for this bike but the plan was to have a lighter and a burlier set for it. thanks Dave . oh i have seen a set of hopes. can a 135 x 10mm hub be made into a 150 x 12? for the other bike if i get the cheap fix on this it would give me future backup options. thanks again

The nipples come as part of the spoke (spin freely from it) from mavic and thread into the rim. Any dealer should have them.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

fuck ya. that was too easy. thanks rludes. just couldn't get past the spoke spinning in the nipple part. just put the spoke in the hub and tensioned it up again. good to go. i'll have to keep an eye on them, it was only a few rides since i trued and tensioned them. spent too much already this yr on bikes for an unemployed bum. muchos gracias