Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'll see if I can get a decent measure of mine this weekend. I feel like Mr. AG's numbers are lower/slacker than I'm getting.

Oh, and now that I think about it I DID ride my new One in Moab and didn't have a ridiculous number of pedal strikes. Clearly Mr. AG is a no-talent assclown who doesn't know how to properly pedal a bike.

He only does well in local gravity races due to age, mass, and low center of gravity.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

nick, can you at least get a BB measurement when you are back in utard?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Yeah, I can definitely get that measurement... sagged or unsagged? Head angle is trickier but I'll see if I can figure it out.

We measured your bike while in the shop as well, similar to mine except for the head tube angle due to your angle set.

I really think that something in wrong with the frame as the numbers just don't make sense on what we are actually seeing...

Doesn't make it evil or a piece of crap, just disappointing as it could be better and exactly what a lot of us are looking for.

As for bike skills, sounds like you and me need to have a Canfield One race from Hazard down. First one down gets both bikes....

I'll donate your bike to Shirk.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Slightly OT, vibes to Lance!

Well,at least a 'get better soon'.
    What happened? I talked to Chris on the phone today and he was heading up to Lance's, but he didn't say anything (not that I know them that well, but I see them around and buy their stuff.) Lance OK?

Back on topic...I weighed my medium frame before putting anything on it (no shock, shock bolts included,) after having the HT and BB faced etc. = 8.01lbs

DRS
    "Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck" Joss Whedon

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    For all of those considering running 170mm cranks on a trail bike, I think its insane. The power difference is noteable if you are a taller dude (6'+). It feels like pedaling with your seat slightly lower than it should be.

Just saying, I'd rock this bike and its insanely low BB on 175s. Just learn how/when to pedal and make sure you've got a fast engagement rear hub.

Jeff
    I'm running 170's on my Prophet, works just fine for me.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

I measured my HTA before I boxed it up and it was between 64 and 65, I'm running a Chris King external headset. Didn't have a chance to measure the BB height, but it didn't seem that low, when it gets down here, I'll measure and let you know. Chris told me that a large frame with a coil shock weighted 10.25lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by drsmonkey View Post
    What happened? I talked to Chris on the phone today and he was heading up to Lance's, but he didn't say anything (not that I know them that well, but I see them around and buy their stuff.) Lance OK?
    He exploderated his ankle and lower leg/tib. Pics are gnarly...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Bit of an update and some good news (at least for me): Talked to Chris at length today and he is sending me a new frame. In measuring quite a few other medium frames, mine seems to be a one-off issue. I will have the new frame early next week and will report back ASAP. They had one in front of them with the same fork as mine and were @ 13.8” and the head angle a little better than mine (less slack). Please don’t make any rash decisions on this bike from my initial problem, I’m sure it was a one-off issue.

One note to think about with small companies like this, think the owner of Trek or Specialized would call you personally if you had a issue of a few degree’s /inches being off to your expectations? Not likely. Nothing against the big boys but I do still have a very soft spot for supporting the little, rider driven companies that really put their heart and soul into their bikes. I know for a fact Chris and Lance do this to an extreme and I salute them.

Vibes to Lance as well. He had surgery today on a very badly broken ankle /leg. Get well soon and back to ripping, we’ll miss having you are out there and hope to see you on the trail soon.
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    One note to think about with small companies like this, think the owner of Trek or Specialized would call you personally if you had a issue of a few degree’s /inches being off to your expectations? Not likely. Nothing against the big boys but I do still have a very soft spot for supporting the little, rider driven companies that really put their heart and soul into their bikes. I know for a fact Chris and Lance do this to an extreme and I salute them.
    This is worth repeating. The Brothers Can are great dudes and make great bikes. I ran into them at Deer Valley last year and mentioned my Dad had bought a One (previous model) and loved it. They knew who my Dad was and knew the exact bike they sold him. I was really impressed. Then I tried to keep up with them on the down and was even more impressed as they left me in the dust. This is a company worth supporting.
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    nick, can you at least get a BB measurement when you are back in utard?
    I measured mine unsagged to center of BB as 13.4"

I'm trying to think of some way to level the playing field for the Mr. AG vs. Daywalker Hazard down race... I think we should start from town.

while this certainly is true, and i personally am way more into supporting the little guys as well, but it also should be pointed out, in fairness, that i have never seen a specialized, giant, trek, santa cruz, turner, yeti etc etc etc EVER ship with a phantom 1" too low bb. mistakes happen, and it is, in my mind HOW the mistake is remedied, rather than the mistake itself that truly matters, so big ups to the canfield bros for going the extra mile.

my guess is somehow your frame has a wrong link on it.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Wait, you got a bike with a MUCH lower than published BB height and sent it BACK??

Every time that's happened to me I buy another one and hoard it.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Woo's new ride...

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Wait, you got a bike with a MUCH lower than published BB height and sent it BACK??

Every time that's happened to me I buy another one and hoard it.
    I haven't sent it back yet, might have to do some "testing" first and then see what happens.
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

I haven't sent it back yet, might have to do some "testing" first and then see what happens.
    Put a Marzocchi Super Monster on that bitch. You'll have about a 58 degree HTA and a 14.1 BB Height. Sounds about perfect to me.

Mr. AG...what are the numbers on your btw?

pretty sure he posted 63/12.5??? yikes!
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

One reason a new Jedi is near the top of my list for next year's DH bike...
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    pretty sure he posted 63/12.5??? yikes!
    PERFECT!!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

PERFECT!!
    how did i know you'd say that?

PERFECT!!
    I've been riding a bike with 12.8" BB for trail/xc and it is indeed PERFECT. Not quite that slack though

Sounds like now both Lance and Chris are down. Vibes to both, but especially Chris since I haven't heard a prognosis yet. Back injuries are never good though

Donate here if you wish to help...
    http:http://www.canfieldbrothers.com...anfield-fund//

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I've been riding a bike with 12.8" BB for trail/xc and it is indeed PERFECT. Not quite that slack though
    So after years and years of everyone giving me shlt about 'pedal hit stuff, can't ride on nortshore derp derp' you see what I've been talking about yeah?

What bike is it?

So after years and years of everyone giving me shlt about 'pedal hit stuff, can't ride on nortshore derp derp' you see what I've been talking about yeah?

What bike is it?
    I never said that. I think riders with weak technical skills say that. Guys who don't know how to ratchet or use mo. Getting a SC Tallboy and building it light. Yah - bib shorts, wagon wheels are crutches etc etc. It rides just a tiny bit better than the RM Element I'm replacing

Wasn't it on some Turner homer thread where people were going on about high BBs? can't remember now. It was classic shitty riders trying to justify how crappy they were