Leg is healing... stoke is not.

I busted up my leg super hard back in March (Broken T+F -> leg was twisted 180*) and had to have an IM rod and 5 screws put in. Everything is healing properly, and I've been doing my PT with a lot of success (full ROM) and I'm now weight bearing.

Dr said I could start hiking and biking (lightly) but I don't have any interest. WTF? Even if someone offered me a free heli run right now I wouldn't be that stoked. Beyond sports, I just feel slow and tired all the time now. Like no running, jumping, being active, etc. What gives? I feel like I should be super stoked to be able to be active again but I'm not.

Seems normal, you've been sedentary for a while and changed up your routine. It will come back, get out and have fu biking, skiing whatever works for you, don't sweat it if it doesn't come right back tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I'm 7 weeks post-op with my tibial IM rod and screws, full WBAT and I'll be damned if I can't start hiking in another week or two, at least for 30 minutes. Get out there! I take it you are off all meds, right? That was imperative for me to get any motivation back. Good luck!

I am at about 9 weeks post distal tib & fib breakage, titanium rod, 3 screws, and an insurance parade of annoying mailings.

I got outta the boot and crutches last week and I was stoked to walk and drive, but do still gimp around. I focus on what I can do: PT, going to the gym for spinning and some weights, and beer drinking. Sometimes I mix it up, sit in the backyard, drink beer, do PT and put off the gym until the next day/week.

I think/hope more stoke will come with more healing and strength. Good luck!

Good luck!

For me, I think it's hard because a number of my friends are at a pro/semi pro level, and I know I can't keep up any more. They've offered to go on a few easy ones with me, but I feel bad. I went for a 30 mile road ride today, and it felt good, but more of a smile on my face than a "FKNA" moment.

I hope you guys heal up well too!

3 more weeks in the boot. Swelling has gone down considerably but now my MCL is sore from the boot. I gotta get this thing off! Looking forward to bike rides in the fall.

Saying you can't keep up anymore because your friends are pro/semi pro is a load of bunk IMO. Keep thinking that and it will end up to be true.

Fact: Your bone grows back STRONGER after a break like this. Just stay on top of PT and do what you always did. It's all in your head.

One year from now you won't even think about it.

Stay positive dude!

It'll get better over time. You need to go at your pace right now and build confidence in your abilities along with your strength. Ride alone and look at it as part of your PT. When you get stronger and more confident the reason you started doing these activities in the first place will bring back the stoke.

It takes time to get strength, reflexes, and mindset back to pre-injury level. Don't push things too quickly or you'll be back at square 1.

Step Back?

Any of you guys had a step back after getting back on two legs? I crashed a beach cruiser like a dumbass and the broken leg sure hurts like hell. Hopefully I just bruised it. Can still walk ok, but lots o' pain when I get stand up and start walking, but after the first few steps a lot better.

Sucks.