Pre Father's Day TR 2011

Even though the calender says June my son Skyler and I are nowhere near ready to hang the boards up for the season. The Mrs and daughter were out of town so Sky and I knew what we'd be up to....bc camping and shredding of course.

Skyler at the TH ready to go disappear in the woods for a couple days.

We didn't leave the trailhead until 7pm and had to find a new route to the zone. Sky in hot pursuit and stoked to be on the right route after a couple mini-epics in the trees.

The next morning, Round Top to Kirkwood

Zoomed in on the back forty

Camp

Like father

Like son

After a couple warm up runs we set out on skins for the peak. Yes those are wolves on Sky's shirt and a dreamcatcher around his neck.

Pyramid dragonfly

A couple hours later we reach the base of the summit. Sky wanted to try and skin the whole thing but I told him the extra effort wasn't worth it and let's just boot it.

Almost there and wondering why the peeps in front of us would come all the way out here just to walk back down

Sky firing out a couple tweets or whatever the kids do these days about his accomplishment. This was his second time on the summit (first in winter) of the highest peak in Deso. Here's the TR to our summer trip from 2008, http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic...skyler+pyramid

Team Father/Son stoked. Sky and some buddies from school started their own brand called Lantern Clothing and he sewed that shirt himself (out of three) and handmade the dreamcatcher around his neck...all part of his Jibsy (sorta like gypsy) way.

The same summit in summer 2008

Time to ride from the summit!

We took our ascent route down but will be back again to get some of the better lines off the peak

Sky on the way back to camp

Nice snow

Butter boy

Nice views

You can take the kid out of the jib but you can't take the jib out of the kid

Another awesome sunset on the westside and perfect ending to a great day

The city of lights

Sky widdln'

The next morning we grabbed a few long hanging turns before heading home, Sky

Choke training

Air training, Indy

Sky's tailfish....you can't call it a stalefish son until you grab in front of your rear foot

Dad

The stream on the way out

And finally some well deserved grub on the way home

Another great trip and eternally thankful to be a father!
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

As usual nicely done BCR, where do I go to pick up some of that lantern clothing?
    A good friend would come bail you out of jail. A great friend would be sitting next to you saying..."but damn that was FUN"

Quote Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
    Sky's tailfish....you can't call it a stalefish son until you grab in front of your rear foot
    You're already an awesome Dad for taking your kid out on adventures like this; but perhaps an even better one for ensuring he knows the difference between "good" and "bad" grabs.

How are you liking that UNITY split? What size is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Nice one guys! When's the pondskimming trip ... next weekend???

Interesting that you could still get the sleds up there, where did you put in from?
    I'm guessing Burger Lounge was way out of the way ... that's my usual go to after epic Deso riding trips!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

this makes me want to have kids! awesome TR!
    stay outta my line

I love the afterbang steeze...

Nice. Things to look forward to.

Another awesome trip report with your son.He has your passion for the bc with a younger touch.