Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Random surf stoke thread

Hoping to just have a Padded Room style thread in the surf forum that provides some fun surf related junk to waste my day looking at. Thanks !!!!

www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Super fun blog to check out.

Surfy Surfy

This was made by Mikey Smith. the guy that made "dark side of the lens"

Do these count? Sorta thought they fit the wtf padded room mold.

www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

This is how I plan to learn how to surf!
    Last edited by RelyK; 06-21-2011 at 10:01 AM.

I've never been confused for a pro photographer, that said here is some stoke from my personal collection

A below average beach break in SD goes off during the fires, heavy offshore winds and gaping pits

Even the smaller waves looked super fun and small almond shaped barrels

20-30mph offshore winds = this guy getting hung up on top trying to drop in

Setting up for a nice empty shack, I wish I was dropping under the lip on this one

Nica and yes that is my finger on the side of the picture, I'm a pro photog

Nica, this beachy hammers even though it does not look it from the pictures

Mex, sand bottom point break heaven

Different wave but similar setup, 250 yards later the wave tends to pick up steam and maybe even get bigger on the sandbar

After 300 yard waves, who has time to paddle back out? Get out and run back to the point and it's a 20 second paddle until your next 300 yard wave. Take off zone is in front of the rocks

This is a result of 10 or so laps in 95 degree heat and 85 degree water

Oily perfection

I'm goofy foot and I still say yum to this wave. I'll take 20 of these any day of the year. When we rolled up the day before, Dane Reynolds was destroying this wave on the inside

Back to SD for a moment, size is hard to tell but the entire lineup got cleaned out on this set, solid DOH+, which is rare for this spot. I imagine this set showed up in full force just up the road at Blacks beach.
    Last edited by Piggity; 07-19-2011 at 04:25 PM.

^^Sweeeet. I'm heading to Nica at the end of August for 21 days. Hoping to find some of those roping lefts, but that right pointbreak looks juicy.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Very cool man, you staying at a surf camp up north or down in SJ Del sur area? You will score in Nica. There might be some onshore days when it rains but you should score for sure with 21 days. We got kinda skunked but it was still fun. I didn't get to see true nica, unfortunately. Colorados was probably a few feet overhead but still banging with a side/offshore wind. We caught the only tropical storm to hit nica in a redonkulous period of time, basically we got unlucky and roads were washing out so we bailed early. it was a dynamic trip

I have no clue. Probably staying in SJDS. I have a hookup with a guide down there that is supposed to be a swap. He wants to come up here in the Winter. Not sure how this will work out, because he wants to check out Mav's, and that's not happening for me this year. I'm looking at renting a house down there, since I know a few groups that I will be meeting up with. Any thoughts on safety as far as bringing gf? Also, any must do boat trips?

Hugh Conway Guest

Sick Hugh, I'd like to be there right now

Lol BS720, I'd drive to Mavs and watch him paddle out. No thanks.

I didnt hit SJ del sur but I'm pretty sure it's not nearly as good as the Tola region. That would be a must if you're on a surf mission. Tola picks up more size, 3ft or so bigger on the same swell. Not much nightlife in Tola though, it's pretty remote and not much action other than the surf camps and the locals.

Colorado's is the premiere beach break but it's $250(?) Boat ride and it gets crowded. Best thing to do is either Stay at hacienda Iguana (gated community) so no boat ride required, split a boat with another group, or find some local groms to show you the 4x4 trail into Colorado's (pay like $3 to a local dude with his 12 gauge so you can cross his land). We had the local grooms rolling with us all week so this was our route, maybe we paid $10.

There is also a disgusting left reef break north of Popoyo (not outter reef Popoyo) that supposedly goes fo'eva on big swells.

Check Here for daily surf reports http://www.nicaraguasurfreport.com/r...php?id_secc=25
    Last edited by Piggity; 07-19-2011 at 10:48 PM.

amazing pics.......

I'm definitely going to spend some time exploring Tola and maybe even further north. I'm staying just north of SJDS. Should have a car the whole time.

On the local front, VFW's to Graveyard's cleaned up Monday night. Irving was 2-4', and junk. Just north, there were hollow head high barrels. Haven't seen it that good since January. Really got me stoked for this upcoming trip. Well, that and all the south juice that's been hitting SC.

A few.

^vedy vedy nice, the ante has been upped

BS, I don't have all the beta but him me up if you have any specific questions. I would rather not name all the spots openly on the forum but I can certainly pass along info via pm if ya need