London Mags - Anyone got a room to rent for a couple weeks?

I'm in the middle of my midlife crisis (or at least that's what my wife calls it) where I've chucked my Montana ski bum lifestyle, sold my motorcycle, moved to the city and got a real job.

We're in London and I've been working for a few weeks now. We've found a great flat but we can't move in for a couple weeks. Our short let runs out on Monday so we need to find something else for a couple weeks. Right now we're in Chiswick, but we aren't real picky (except to being cheap ski bums at heart). If anyone has or knows of a room to rent, I'd love to hear about it. I'm working down in the center of London, so our only real need is good transportation to the city.

And if anyone wants to meet for beers, just let me know and I'll see you there!

Cheers,
    Fez
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Erm beer, yes. I'll tell the crew you're in town and we'll fix something up. You get anywhere on rooms? Can rattle the grapevine if you need.

Where you going to be living eventually?
    Last edited by Mulletizer; 06-10-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Can't help on the room front I'm afraid. I sold my place. Definitely up for a beer though.

Hey guys,
    Looks like we got it sorted. We're going to store some of our stuff for a couple weeks, then priceline a room for a couple nights this week. A coworker is going on vacation starting end of the week and has offered us his place for a week. That will hopefully get us into the flat. If the referencing company doesn't manage to screw us over. If we get the place we're trying for, we'll be in Chiswick.

So far things are going pretty well. A few minor hiccups, but pretty smooth overall. Let me know about beers, can't wait to meet the London crew.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Looking for a place in London town too, if you can't get sorted this seems like a good resource to me: http://www.spareroom.co.uk/

Right on Scotia, thanks for the tip. I found the place i'm in now through roomarama.com, it worked pretty well. the place is a bit smaller than indicated, but it's been decent.
    Ben Franklin